AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 360,989 times)

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 03, 2008, 02:28:33 AM
Rather spurious to assume Aliens reach a critical mass in regards to expansion.

Well, the Aliens in the movie Aliens didn't change their location, they were still there when the Ripley and the marines arrived some time later.
If the Predators would drop some aliens in a small town, I'll think that they'll be able to hunt them within the town as well, cause it would be the Aliens territory, People with a chestbuster inside of them wouldn't be able to go very far, cause it would "hatch" within some minutes after the victim had been face hugged.

Xhan

Xhan

Except you're using a closed example. The are no other towns on Acheron.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 03, 2008, 08:04:34 AM
Except you're using a closed example. The are no other towns on Acheron.

Yeah, I asked SIL what the Aliens would do when they had used up all their hosts within an area,
and he told me that they probably go to sleep.
At first I thought that it sounded acvard but then I started to think back on the movie Aliens. And he might be right about the aliens going to sleep, cause the hive and the aliens within it didn't move, they were still there when Ripley and Co arrived, That hive didn't leave their territory in-search for a new one with more potential hosts.
And thinking back at the last scenes of Alien, it always looked to me that the Alien went to sleep in the end, only to be waken up by Ripley.
Hibernation is what comes to mind.

Weasel

Weasel

I feel this thread is going way off topic. What does the xenomorphs survival strategies have to do with AVP3?

Anyway, for AVP3 I'd want it to be part ship, part foreign planet. Maybe 1/4 ship 3/4s planet. And make it much, much longer than the other two. Good story needs to be reigned down upon the franchise. In timeline, I'm unsure but would prefer something pre-aliens. Something post alien I think could do well. We're already gone through in the first two AVPs that they have no f**king idea what they are dealing with. With at least SOME knowledge we could get marines, or some sort of f**king guns in the mix. A longer story could also mean more battles, but more plot and character development.

And we definitely need a great chestburster scene. It needs to be graphic, but befitting of the mood. A supporting character getting bursted halfway into the movie would be a great touch. Aliens need to be tougher and more 'sneaky' but I disagree into not making more than a few die. Predators in mass would be harder on the plot in my opinion, because unless they're together constantly you have to follow the actions of more than one or they become fodder. Make em' tougher, more predator battle damage, and longer fight scenes that involve more than just plasma cannon blasting. Set the MOOD. We need the grime, the black and scary, the silent and invisible. Bring back the tension. We're going to see predators and aliens duking it out, why not give it a little creepiness factor. We need to see the worth of both the alien and predator as an individual.

In two of the alien movies we see just one, but that single alien brings hell with them. We need to set up that predator is fighting the deadliest species in the galaxy. Predator is tough as nails, but seeing a predator actually 'hunt' would be a great pleasure. The AVP movies just trash the whole predator concept of silent killer. AVPR did a better job with this (Sewer Scene) but then ruins it with him just roaring 'come and get it'. Sweet traps, interesting deaths, and make him work for that alien kill.

Yes, make the alien more deadly, but don't make it too much of a power house. We need some alien deaths, but have some grids and dragons to give the predator(s) a run for their money. Not too much personality, but enough to pump you up when the predator and 'boss' aliens mess each other up. Work in more specific deadly aliens, rather than queens and predaliens. This will spotlight them more, and play against the cliche endings we expect.

I guess this is more of what I want to see, rather than specific plot, but with all this in mind, even a simple plot could be golden.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: Weasel on Nov 04, 2008, 12:14:10 AM
I feel this thread is going way off topic. What does the xenomorphs survival strategies have to do with AVP3?

True.
I'll stick to topic. :)

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

Quote from: Milan on Nov 03, 2008, 02:37:46 AM
Quote from: Xhan on Nov 03, 2008, 02:28:33 AM
Rather spurious to assume Aliens reach a critical mass in regards to expansion.

Well, the Aliens in the movie Aliens didn't change their location, they were still there when the Ripley and the marines arrived some time later.
If the Predators would drop some aliens in a small town, I'll think that they'll be able to hunt them within the town as well, cause it would be the Aliens territory, People with a chestbuster inside of them wouldn't be able to go very far, cause it would "hatch" within some minutes after the victim had been face hugged.

Only according to avp. There's usually several hours between the implantation and the actual chestbursting.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The chestburster doesn't need to be overly graphic. Kane's bursting was bloody yes, but it wasn't over the top.

Weasel

Weasel

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 04, 2008, 02:14:02 PM
The chestburster doesn't need to be overly graphic. Kane's bursting was bloody yes, but it wasn't over the top.

I said graphic and befitting of the mood. No where did I say over the top. Kanes was graphic and needed to be so because thats one of the high points of the entire movie.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Weasel on Nov 04, 2008, 08:51:31 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 04, 2008, 02:14:02 PM

I said graphic and befitting of the mood. No where did I say over the top. Kanes was graphic and needed to be so because thats one of the high points of the entire movie.

And I wasn't accusing you of saying it needed to be. Sorry for the confusion.

Deckard

Deckard

Maybe not the greatest idea but here goes.

A ship of Colonial Marines is transporting a number of alien eggs back to earth when the eggs hatch early and unleash an alien infestation all over the ship. After an intense battle, (Think Halo 2)  the surviving Marines have to abandon ship and land on the planet below which happens to be a planet for hosting predator hunts. Then the Marine ship crash lands on the planet, the rear end surviving somewhat intact along with a few aliens. An intense battle ensues throughout the jungles of the planet, they are chased by aliens and run into predators and all hell breaks loose until the marines reach a Space Jockey compound, then it switches to them trapped inside. The Space Jockeys appear to be hosting the predator hunt on there planet. Finally when the aliens breach the facility, the marines self destruct the compound making it out in time for a reinforcement ship coming to pick them up. However as the survivors are shuttling back to the new ship in orbit, a predator has stowed away and one last physical battle takes place on the shuttle.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

You had me up until you mentioned "Space Jockey" :-\

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 09, 2008, 07:33:18 PM
You had me up until you mentioned "Space Jockey" :-\
Totally agree! I don't want the AvP franchise to mess around with the Space Jockey. The Alien franchise has suffered enough rape already.

Deckard

Deckard

Fair Enough, it isn't that important to the story I came up with obviously, you could lose them and just make it a generic compound, The reason I went with space Jockey was when I was trying to envision what the compound would look like inside, I thought that kind of Space Jockey ship interior style would look cool.

One other little idea for that story was the artificial person, I didn't mention. You could have him be the one who causes the egss to hatch early. Instead of having him be a defined bad guy like Ash, or a defined good guy like Bishop, you make it a mix. He hatches the eggs early bcuz he doesn't want them to get to earth, but at the same time he's killing his own marines and crew, but he thinks its to prevent earth from being infected so your torn on if you should trust him. Plus it would be bad ass to see a skin job fight a predator in hand to hand.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Alrighty, heres my idea...
A Space ship/shuttle/satellite, whatever, orbits earth and notices a pred ship that is looks for scar, the preds do a scan and learn he died and are leaving when they see the human space...thing and the humans board as the preds let them because the preds are curious to what the space thing is. when boarding they accidentally knock the ships, boarding area and this ship shakes, in the face hugger containment area they are loads of facehugger tanks which fall over and smash. The humans are taken away by the preds and locked away although quite a few escape but are all soon facehugged, some facehuggers infect preds, thus making predaliens, also there are some quadruped animals that pred use as livestock and target practice are also facehugged and dog aliens are created. Then a pored kills an alien but vice versa also happens and the humans escape as some alien blood burns through the locks. Sooner or later all the preds and aliens meet and have a huge full-on, no holes barred battle in the largest ship area, there are some super experienced preds (even higher than the one with the cape at the end of AVP) who battle the predaliens, after the battle and it is filled with super baddass action scenes and fights the preds evacuate and their ship falls to earth and burns up, killing all the aliens. The surviving humans (who were caught in the middle of the battle) just manage to escape in their space thing.

Carnal Calligraphy

Carnal Calligraphy

I'm sorry, but I think your idea is horrible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed