Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It

Started by Darkoo, Jan 27, 2011, 03:03:32 PM

Author
Prometheus Plot Reveal - Aliens ARE In It (Read 152,666 times)

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 29, 2011, 05:22:40 AMAlien: Rise of the Cobra.

This has to be made.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Jan 29, 2011, 02:59:13 PM
Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Jan 29, 2011, 05:22:40 AMAlien: Rise of the Cobra.

This has to be made.
WITH A SMASHIN' TWIST FINALE.

dandan

MrLee

bobcunk

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jan 28, 2011, 10:05:06 PM
Quote from: Bishop2 on Jan 28, 2011, 08:14:08 PM
I'm not comfortable with this halfway shit, personally. Either fold or go all-in, Ridley.

While direct sequels and prequels do make sense, there is a lot of Sci-Fi literature where established universes are given new scenarios that have very little to do with previous story lines.  It's something unique about popular Sci-Fi literature as authors do this frequently.  The "Halo: Cryptum" series by Greg Bear is suppose to be a new example of this (though I haven't read more than the first chapter online).  I use to also read "Star Wars" fiction that did it all the time, as a matter of fact.

If Ridley does make his movie this way, it would be the first time (that I can think of) where something like this has been done in film.  It's a good idea, I guess.  But it's not a completely original approach if you look at the Sci-Fi genre as a whole.
the cronicales of ridick sorta did it. its not realy a sequle but a new story in the same univers.

ThisBethesdaSea

And they find the predator skull? Jesus. Let it go for Christs sake.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: bobcunk on Jan 29, 2011, 04:46:23 PM
the cronicales of ridick sorta did it. its not realy a sequle but a new story in the same univers.
Especially because it follows the same main character, right? ::) ;)

Highland

Soldier was in the same Universe as Blade Runner. Not that it made any difference to that shit heap.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Walk Evil Talk on Jan 27, 2011, 04:01:49 PM
Man, I don't even know anymore.

Same here. News on the Alien prequel is turning out to be one hell of an emotional roller coaster... I don't know if I can take much more of this. I want this movie to be the epic return to form the series, as well as us fans, deserve. This is proving to be somewhat draining...

Us Alien fans have been screwed over countless times for so damn long... if there's any justice left in the world, Fox will let Ridley do his thing and we'll get the Alien film we've all been waiting for and the franchise can see some long deserved redemption.

Neon_Knight

Tbh the whole news post seems like pure conjecture to me, and isn't official, so I won't trust it.

I'm going to keep my hopes up that this is not true, because damn.  Alien DNA = coordinates? Archeological dig? Are these people high, or have they simply not seen the disaster that was AVP? Is it really that hard to comprehend, you need a good plot, to make a good film?

RakaiThwei

I... don't know what to think of this anymore.

Either this is a prequel or a spin-off... It's... confusing.

-Rakai'Thwei

jeff161

ok im confused...you have a space jocky cockpit and a space jocky..? you have hr giger, his alien,an alien style android and pos lv426 or an alien style hive planet...
but this is not a prequel to alien OK THIS MAKES NOOOOO F--------N SCENSE really you stick any of that  above dna in a film  and its alien

genocyber

Maybe the script sucked and they decided,f!uck it we're doing something else.

rycher

maybe "Prometheus" IS the planet of the aliens..... :-\ ;)

Brother

Either incorporate aliens full time or stay the f**k away from 'em...ffs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed