Dead by Daylight - ALIEN chapter

Started by PAS Spinelli, Aug 01, 2023, 03:09:16 PM

Author
Dead by Daylight - ALIEN chapter (Read 26,425 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Eeeee... This feels like a wasted opportunity for having it cocoon victims instead of hooking or using facehuggers from relocated eggs, like Amanda Young does with her traps. Why not also allow it to go on walls and ceilings? They kept hinting a character was coming up who could do.

And if it's running at high speed, it should be less stealthier, not more.

Seems like they wasted a lot of potential to make this as unique as it could have been.

Stuff which causes survivors to scream if they're in a terror radius is typically useless. If you're in that range, you're already chasing them, regardless. Like, it's fun for atmophere, but effectively pointless.

Gameplay footage:

Strange that there are wooden closets and stairs, the usual crows and things?

BlueMarsalis79

It is iconic though. 

PAS Spinelli

it's a good overall killer, very fun, just not a real good representation of the character since it lacks the lifecycle and stealth

Samhain13

Samhain13

aliens13

aliens13

Just found it

PAS Spinelli

Alien will release with at least 1 skin for Ripley and Alien each, likely based on Aliens

Predatorium

Wtf at least replace the wooden lockers with alien isolation like lockers... lazy

xShadowFoxX

Okay, the Nostromo wreckage idea is cool. Still not enough to draw me back into DbD.

Simply_Kevin

Guys who don't play DbD: Certain objects will always have the same look because they're not naturally from the map. In the game's lore, there's an evil called The Entity and it draws survivors and killers into this realm where they are in trials facing each other. They need to escape by fixing generators until the gates are powered. It also places lockers and pallets around the maps, so they always look the same.
Meta reason: these objects need to be quickly identifiable by the survivors as interactive so they can use them during chases to lose the killer. If every map had different looking interactive objects (specially maps that already have similar objects that aren't interactive) it would be too confusing. This is not an Alien game. It's an Alien chapter inside another game with its own rules. It's not "laziness".

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Simply_Kevin on Aug 09, 2023, 02:21:03 PMGuys who don't play DbD: Certain objects will always have the same look because they're not naturally from the map. In the game's lore, there's an evil called The Entity and it draws survivors and killers into this realm where they are in trials facing each other. They need to escape by fixing generators until the gates are powered. It also places lockers and pallets around the maps, so they always look the same.
Meta reason: these objects need to be quickly identifiable by the survivors as interactive so they can use them during chases to lose the killer. If every map had different looking interactive objects (specially maps that already have similar objects that aren't interactive) it would be too confusing. This is not an Alien game. It's an Alien chapter inside another game with its own rules. It's not "laziness".
Knight's map has unique models for lockers, chests, pallets and breakable walls actually

Mike’s Monsters

I pop in and play this game quite rarely, so I can't say I'm an expert. But a lot of the things you guys are asking for is not as easy or "lazy" as you're making it out to be. This isn't an ALIEN game. It's a game with an ALIEN themed mode. It's built to be its own game first, so a lot of the tiny little things being asked for would be so much extra work or re-coding that it isn't necessary.

Plus, as some mentioned, visual consistency through different levels/modes is important. If I haven't played in a long time and pop onto a new map and everything I need to use looks different, because it now has to look like it's from the ALIEN universe or something, I'm gonna get confused and probably not play due to it getting too visually complicated. If this was a dedicated ALIEN game, yes, absolutely make things look like ALIEN.

A few of you are literally asking for entire game mechanics to be reworked, when you think it's just replacing a visual asset. Xenos crawling on the walls for example, is like nothing any other character would do, which would mean they have to build something brand new from the ground up. Takes time, testing and money, which this DLC is probably not funding a ton of.

The fact that we even got a Xeno in DBD is awesome. But it feels like a lot of you are complaining that a Xenomorph can dance and use guns in Fortnite... because that's the game and how it's played.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 09, 2023, 05:38:02 PMI pop in and play this game quite rarely, so I can't say I'm an expert. But a lot of the things you guys are asking for is not as easy or "lazy" as you're making it out to be. This isn't an ALIEN game. It's a game with an ALIEN themed mode. It's built to be its own game first, so a lot of the tiny little things being asked for would be so much extra work or re-coding that it isn't necessary.

Plus, as some mentioned, visual consistency through different levels/modes is important. If I haven't played in a long time and pop onto a new map and everything I need to use looks different, because it now has to look like it's from the ALIEN universe or something, I'm gonna get confused and probably not play due to it getting too visually complicated. If this was a dedicated ALIEN game, yes, absolutely make things look like ALIEN.

A few of you are literally asking for entire game mechanics to be reworked, when you think it's just replacing a visual asset. Xenos crawling on the walls for example, is like nothing any other character would do, which would mean they have to build something brand new from the ground up. Takes time, testing and money, which this DLC is probably not funding a ton of.

The fact that we even got a Xeno in DBD is awesome. But it feels like a lot of you are complaining that a Xenomorph can dance and use guns in Fortnite... because that's the game and how it's played.
What personally disappointed me is the lack of focus in Stealth and no special hook mechanic like what Pyramid Head has, I know how the game works and I'm close to 2k hours in it, I just feel like there were missed opportunities

Anyway, Alien is likely getting a Queen skin according to datamining showng that its animation skeleton has an extra pair of small arms

Kailem

Kailem

The tunnels are his stealth mechanic. He's completely undetectable when he's in them and can see survivor's footsteps above him. Plus the Runner mode reduces his terror radius. So even though he might not be Wraith/Ghostface/Pig-type stealth, it still seems like a pretty big part of his kit.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 09, 2023, 07:19:06 PMThe tunnels are his stealth mechanic. He's completely undetectable when he's in them and can see survivor's footsteps above him. Plus the Runner mode reduces his terror radius. So even though he might not be Wraith/Ghostface/Pig-type stealth, it still seems like a pretty big part of his kit.
ehh, the tunnels aren't that useful for sneaking up on people, neither is the smaller terror radius (it's 24 meters, pretty big still), so much so the community wants them to make his terror radius even smaller on live

Leggs.obj

Leggs.obj

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 09, 2023, 05:38:02 PMI pop in and play this game quite rarely, so I can't say I'm an expert. But a lot of the things you guys are asking for is not as easy or "lazy" as you're making it out to be. This isn't an ALIEN game. It's a game with an ALIEN themed mode. It's built to be its own game first, so a lot of the tiny little things being asked for would be so much extra work or re-coding that it isn't necessary.

this the realest take that on the whole forum. game development is HARD and the culture of 'armchair dev gamers' needs to stop. I've been seeing so many tweet threads from game devs correcting fans in their assumptions of how game studios spent their resources.

I've got maybe 4 or 5 hours into DbD and its gonna be fun to plug out a few dozen more on the Xeno

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed