Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 759,318 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Aug 07, 2017, 02:32:11 AM

The eggs are in the Queens chamber or they're taken to a new host.  They're not just "laying all around the place."

Then how do you explain the eggs the marines discovered?

QuoteWhere is he going to land that will keep Hicks out of harms way?  And why come back for Ripley and Newt?

That is minor details, the main thing is whether it's possible.

What is your theory then?  Or do you consider Alien 3 a plothole?

SM

SM

QuoteThen how do you explain the eggs the marines discovered?

See above - "taken to a new host".

QuoteThat is minor details, the main thing is whether it's possible.

The minor details you blithely hand wave are what makes it impossible.  It doesn't matter - I didn't think you'd have an answer anyway.

My theory has been presented more times than I can count.  Go look it up.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 07, 2017, 04:41:11 AM
He's an android.  He can multitask.
He's not the T1000, he's only got two arms. You also haven't explained how he'd get back on a hovering ship with his hands full.

Russ840

Russ840

At the end of the day Bishop is not the reason the Egg is on the Suluco. It was never implied and there is no evidence to base that theory on.

The egg is there because it served the plot of A3 and so the retcon is that it was layed by the queen during the assent to the Suluco at the end of Aliens. The placement of the egg in A3 is just artistic liscening with regards to the consistency of the set appearance.

We have no reason to think anything other than this. Reaching for complicated explainations is redundant when simple ones are right there.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Aug 07, 2017, 05:23:16 AM
QuoteThen how do you explain the eggs the marines discovered?

See above - "taken to a new host".

Then you answered your own question.

QuoteThat is minor details, the main thing is whether it's possible.

The minor details you blithely hand wave are what makes it impossible.  It doesn't matter - I didn't think you'd have an answer anyway.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Arthur Conan Doyle

QuoteMy theory has been presented more times than I can count.  Go look it up.

I don't know what to search for, unless you're asking me to search through this thread page by page, which would take some time.

SiL

SiL

The only new host was Newt. Ripley shot that egg.

Your suggestions are what we're eliminating as impossible. The only thing that's going to be left is what's in the film - Bishop didn't do it.

SM

SM

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Arthur Conan Doyle

Continually dodging pertinent questions isn't going to suddenly make your theory remotely plausible.

Vermillion

Vermillion

Quote from: SiL on Aug 07, 2017, 12:33:33 PM

Your suggestions are what we're eliminating as impossible. The only thing that's going to be left is what's in the film - Bishop didn't do it.
Burke' egg.
Hudson's egg.

Androids are bad.  Period.

Just wait till those Tesla AI cars start deciding who dies in an accident.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The ending of Alien Covenant had me laughing like a maniac with regard to this thread.  ;D

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 07, 2017, 03:14:46 PM

Burke' egg.
Hudson's egg.

Androids are bad.  Period.

Just wait till those Tesla AI cars start deciding who dies in an accident.
So you've got nothing, you know you've got nothing, and at this point you're just trolling :P

Vermillion

Vermillion

It was bishop.
Period.

Scorpio

Scorpio

What about:

Apone
Dietrich
Hudson
Burke

Are you saying their eggs were already hatched?  Possibly.  Remember in AVP there were dozens of eggs sitting there and only a small number of victims.  So you're 'one egg per person' doesn't hold up to later films.  Or don't you count AVP?  There could have been other eggs laying around we didn't see, not just in the Queen's chamber.  With hardly any aliens about the hive, Bishop could easily have walked in and got one.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 07, 2017, 04:52:26 PM
The ending of Alien Covenant had me laughing like a maniac with regard to this thread.  ;D

You think Bishop may have regurgitated some facehugger embryos?  Never thought of that before, but why not?

SM

SM

QuoteAre you saying their eggs were already hatched?

Yes.  Based on Newt being the last person abducted and her egg hatching seconds before Ripley arrived, of course they'd already hatched.

QuoteRemember in AVP there were dozens of eggs sitting there and only a small number of victims.  So you're 'one egg per person' doesn't hold up to later films.  Or don't you count AVP? 

Aliens didn't have a conveyor belt delivering eggs to another part of the hive, so any comparisons to AvP are irrelevant.

QuoteThere could have been other eggs laying around we didn't see, not just in the Queen's chamber.  With hardly any aliens about the hive, Bishop could easily have walked in and got one.

Why did the neither the marines nor Ripley never once encounter an unopened egg if they're just "laying around"?

Where did Bishop land and how did he bypass his core programming again?

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Aug 08, 2017, 01:55:45 AM

Aliens didn't have a conveyor belt delivering eggs to another part of the hive, so any comparisons to AvP are irrelevant.

I meant this scene:

QuoteWhy did the neither the marines nor Ripley never once encounter an unopened egg if they're just "laying around"?

Because it wasn't required for the story.

QuoteWhere did Bishop land and how did he bypass his core programming again?

Are you saying it is impossible for Bishop to land and that it is impossible for his core programming to be overriden?

SM

SM

I'm asking you.

Bishop says he can't harm or by omission of action allow harm to come to a human.  And spends the entire film doing precisely that.  So how did he bypass it, and then unbypass it to pick up Ripley and Newt?

And I know which scene you meant in AvP.  The eggs were laid by the Queen, then delivered to the sacrificial chamber using an automated system.  There is no such system in the AP Station so there's no comparison.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed