Open Maw's Alien III Fan Edit Development

Started by OpenMaw, May 27, 2018, 06:19:30 PM

Author
Open Maw's Alien III Fan Edit Development (Read 13,830 times)

SM

No.

Local Trouble

Any room for negotiation or compromise?

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 28, 2018, 07:46:13 AM
Any room for negotiation or compromise?

Only if the cut contains ACM cut in and timed inappropriately with the opening and ending.

whiterabbit

This idea has suddenly become Frankenstein's monster.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 28, 2018, 08:35:50 AM
This idea has suddenly become Frankenstein's monster.

Whiskeybrewer

Im intrigued to see where this all goes, but i agree i think the attempted Rape should stay in. It adds to Dillon's arc in the film

SM

The murderer and rapist of women - beating up the rapists.

426Buddy

I gotta "re-educate" some of the brothers! :D

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: 426Buddy on May 28, 2018, 01:13:05 PM
I gotta "re-educate" some of the brothers! :D
(When you find people who want to retcon A3.)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: The Old One on May 27, 2018, 10:45:59 PM
I thought the existence of Turk would be proof enough that nothing good can come from this.

Quote from: OpenMaw on May 28, 2018, 12:18:44 AM
Turk is a tad. Just a tad more hackneyed and shit then anything I suggested here.

reported

Local Trouble

I still think it would have been ten times more awesome if the alien had shown up then and slaughtered Ripley's attackers.

OpenMaw would be a real magician if he can make that happen.

Of course, that would kinda negate Ripley's subsequent conversation with Bishop, but sacrifices must be made...

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Bah. Yeah YouTube basically locked the video down. Luckily it didn't count as a strike against my channel.

I'm going to be uploading test edits to my Google drive from now on. I'll post links to those on here.

Quote from: SM on May 28, 2018, 12:25:14 AM
The Sulaco is moving in the wrong direction across the frame.

In Aliens the Sulaco - outward bound - moves left to right; in Alien the Nostromo - homeward bound - moves right to left.  In Alien 3 the Sulaco - homeward - also moves right to left and the Patna - outward, moves left to right.

Normally I notice things like that. Well. Damn.

More and more I think about it. The more i'm partial to shit canning the entire intro and creating a new one that goes from title sequence to the EEV splashing down.

Quote from: SM on May 28, 2018, 05:22:12 AM
It'd be easier to flip the Patna shots to keep it consistent.

I honestly wish there was a shot of the Sulaco passing frame similarly to the opening of Alien 3 on SNES. No such luck.

I'm not keen on reusing the Patna shots, because they're a big deal to the end of the movie.

Quote from: SM on May 28, 2018, 05:22:12 AM
And this is one of the main problems with Alien 3.  No amount of recutting will fix it.  You either have an intro for Murphy with Frank in the abbatoir, or you have an intro for Murphy when he finds Spike after he's been missing.  Same with Boggs and Rains, they have a scene to intro them and when you see them next, they're killed.

In my thinking Murphy, Boggs, and Rains, are like Bowski, Crowe and Dietrich in Aliens. My focus in the scenes they're in is on how they relate to the other characters more than anything.

If I could do it, i'd get rid of the scene where Murphy finds Spike and the abattoir scene. Unfortunately I think the scene where Murphy finds Spike is important for a first time viewer. As an editor you have to keep that kind of thing in mind. A long time fan of the series will know from the scene with the dog barking at the face hugger what's (likely) about to happen. If that wasn't the case(if the face hugging had been more explicit) I could probably get away with it.

Frank is the one that tries to have a go at Ripley and she then saves him during the fire, right?

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 28, 2018, 04:40:05 PM
I still think it would have been ten times more awesome if the alien had shown up then and slaughtered Ripley's attackers.

Of course, that would kinda negate Ripley's subsequent conversation with Bishop, but sacrifices must be made...

Hahaha!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12ebCvNkjdrIIO7lQAiKkLTHp1pGXTBNA/view

So here's that edit that YouTube knocked down.

SM

QuoteI'm not keen on reusing the Patna shots, because they're a big deal to the end of the movie.

Nah I didn't mean re-use the Patna to double as the Sulaco, just flip them so the Patna moves right to left at the end.

QuoteFrank is the one that tries to have a go at Ripley and she then saves him during the fire, right?

Gregor, I think.  Also a potential rapist (the one Ripley slugs after Dillon saves her).  Frank is the guy who gets nailed by the Alien and drops the flare that starts the fire.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 28, 2018, 04:40:05 PM

It would have been more than 10 times awesome and would have been a great way to pose the question, why did the alien save her? Cut the bishop conversation out. I think he would approve considering how fast he wanted Ripley to pull the plug. Although when you think about it, wouldn't Bishop want to assist Ripley? I can't see him after what happened in Aliens to just ask to be deactivated. Unless someone edits in Bishop saying he done it.

SM

Bishop had an ego.

How is he going to help Ripley anyway?  Strapped to her back warning her of stormtroopers chasing them?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed