Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 150,153 times)

Alien Runner

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 05, 2017, 08:06:40 AM
Runner is trolling, and it seems pointless. I'm not thrilled with some of the story turns in this movie either but that doesn't mean I have to just ramble nonsense.

Once you watch the movie, you'll retract your statement. :)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Alien Runner on May 05, 2017, 08:08:57 AM
Runner is trolling, and it seems pointless. I'm not thrilled with some of the story turns in this movie either but that doesn't mean I have to just ramble nonsense.

Just like you've seen it, right?

Corporal Hicks

Runner, last warning. Stop trolling and spreading misinformation or I'll ban you again and you wont be able to post full-stop.

SyntaX

SyntaX

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 05, 2017, 08:09:20 AM

He might have.
He might not.

The NDA I had to sign actually had a decent amount of space to fill in if I was an active member on Internet Forums connected to the Alien franchise. I filled in yes  ;) ... AvP Galaxy is an active community regarding Alien or Predator news. Even though it might be safe for me to spoil the entire movie ... I'd rather not risk a fine, ban or whatever. So, I'm going to behave untill sunday/monday.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: SyntaX on May 05, 2017, 08:16:34 AM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on May 05, 2017, 08:09:20 AM

He might have.
He might not.

I sign NDAs for this business all the time for work. He's just trolling because he's annoyed about the movie. I don't think AC is a wealth of new ideas myself, but that doesn't mean I'm going to fling shit everywhere about it. If nothing else it looks like a solid time at the movies and a fun, well-made Alien movie. I don't need to troll it to make my points.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 04, 2017, 10:53:36 PM
Rightio - I liked it, I didn't love it. It was a better experience than Prometheus (and the AvPs and Resurrection) but it wasn't pretending to be some lofty film. I loved the characters and the cast. Fassbender still rocks - as David and Walter. The film looks gorgeous as expected.

However, it's brisk as f**k. This is Ridley chopping his film up like he did Prometheus. And the way the Alien's are handled...I wouldn't say it ruined the film for me but I'm surprised I didn't smash my face in with some facepalms.

That's all I'll say until Saturday/Sunday when I can post my full review.

Man, that is bad to hear, the editing in Prometheus was a mess, it was so obvious it got chopped at last minute
I have read too much spoilers by the other guy who saw it in here, i just have one question: it continues the story of Prometheus in any meaningful way, or it is kinda left aside? because so far this seem a lot more like an Alien prequel than a Prometheus sequel if you know what i mean, and i liked Prometheus and i really want to see how the story goes after that great ending

Oven

Oven

Quote from: SyntaX on May 05, 2017, 08:16:34 AM
Even though it might be safe for me to spoil the entire movie ... I'd rather not risk a fine, ban or whatever. So, I'm going to behave untill sunday/monday.
Definitely no point risking it

It won't be long until lots of reviews are out anyway

harlequinade

Quote from: SyntaX on May 05, 2017, 07:55:59 AM
Quote from: harlequinade on May 05, 2017, 07:40:18 AM
Apologies if this was answered but the thread is hard to browse because of juvenile fights going on but is there anything not spoiled by leaks and marketing material? I am guessing Shaw is the last hope for a twist here

And how was Katherine in her role? How was her character?

You already know the answer to that.

If I did I wouldnt be asking

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Alien Runner on May 05, 2017, 03:17:31 AM
Xeno-Shaw

Electric Cigar smoking Aliens

Dead Engineers

Father David

This movie was awesome!

bro, or you tell me that is a joke, or you put a spoiler tag on it RIGHT NOW or i will report your account

whiterabbit

You can safely ignore all of it, D88M.

Still the heavy hitters of AVPGalaxy do have me wondering just what it is that irks them.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Xenomorphine on May 05, 2017, 01:08:17 AM
This seems to be matching up with what I predicted: Better at crowd-pleasing scenes than 'Prometheus' was, but more of an attempt to emulate the first two films than being an equal to them.

it does seems like a Alien reboot, all movies are doing that now

Quote from: Stolen on May 05, 2017, 05:52:39 AM
https://twitter.com/arcticninjapaul/status/860266479664734208

https://twitter.com/arcticninjapaul/status/860272815781621761

Complex is Good

Quote from: Alien Runner on May 05, 2017, 06:55:46 AM
If Syntax won't spill the beans. I will. PM me if interested.

if you are not allowed to say anything until sunday, then dont, be mature, you already (i sincerely hope not) spoiled me information, which is totally rude and selfish on your part (and i repeat, PUT A SPOILER TAG, or i will report you), so, please, dont

Quote from: whiterabbit on May 05, 2017, 08:27:30 AM
You can safely ignore all of it, D88M.

Still the heavy hitters of AVPGalaxy do have me wondering just what it is that irks them.

i dont get if this guy is trolling or what, but if he is trying to make people angry, he did it, i will ignore it, is there any way of blocking an user to not see his posts in here?

i want to leave the forum but i really want to know what Hicks and Syntax thinks of the movie, i dont want anymore spoilers, i had more than enough, just know if it is good and how does it work as a Prometheus sequel/Alien prequel

Edit: Man we really need a blocking option in here

MajorB

MajorB

I'm pretty happy with the reactions I've heard so far. While I am curious to know what exactly is bothering Hicks and Syntax, they've dropped enough hints that I'm confident it won't be something that bothers me. The Alien is handled vastly different in every movie already and I like treating each movie in a franchise like its own discrete interpretation anyway. I'm all-in on the cigar-smoking aliens.

gantarat

gantarat

Hope David It's not Alien Creator,I mean Crazy Robot made Most dangerous alien creature in the universe ?

That very horrible than retcon hicks alive and contradict first movie that Derelict ship on lv-426 was crash long time ago and become fossilized.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Hardcore alien fans seem to like the movie but they don't love it. The causal fans seem to like the movie way more at the moment. There does seem to be something in the movie that has gotten the hardcore fans upset though. Enough so to question if Ridley and co. even bothered to watch alien. When someone says that... it carries weight.

cantseemyfeet

We all know that the actual creator of the xeno is ..... HR and Ridley after a late night coke fueled brainstorming session :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed