Alien: Covenant Early Reactions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 28, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Early Reactions (Read 150,230 times)

NickisSmart

And here I thought it was just because Vasquez was too bad that she and Drake kept it professional (at least, onscreen). :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Saw the film two nights ago. Can't say much due to the embargo but my overall reaction was mixed-to-positive. Definitely enjoyed it more than Prometheus, which seems to be the consensus, although it was undeniably much less grandiose in it's intentions.

Xeno_from_Belgium

Whats's your rating about it ? ;)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I fear that might cross into what Fox consider review territory. You'll have to wait :P

Stolen

Stolen

If we love Prometheus, will we enjoy Covenant ??

NickisSmart

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 04, 2017, 08:42:31 AM
Saw the film two nights ago. Can't say much due to the embargo but my overall reaction was mixed-to-positive. Definitely enjoyed it more than Prometheus, which seems to be the consensus, although it was undeniably much less grandiose in it's intentions.

I'll take enjoyable over grandiose any day. :)

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 04, 2017, 08:42:31 AM

That will do :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Stolen on May 04, 2017, 08:55:24 AMIf we love Prometheus, will we enjoy Covenant ??

Debatable. Covenant is much more commercial.

NickisSmart

So, some argue, was Aliens. :P

Necronomicon II

Think the franchise needed a back to basics film to be honest, ambition is great if you can actually follow it through with great execution, if you enjoyed it more than Prometheus, huda, then that's great news. I'm hyped.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

So huda, what was your feelings going into the movie, Were you one of the sceptics? Or did you think it would be good?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 04, 2017, 09:17:50 AM
Quote from: Stolen on May 04, 2017, 08:55:24 AMIf we love Prometheus, will we enjoy Covenant ??

I don't have problems with that. High-budget movies are always commercial. It's inevitable. I already knew it's gonna be better than Prometheus after I had seen leaked footage.

Clowndog

Clowndog

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 04, 2017, 09:17:50 AM

Makes sense to me.

After Prometheus's, lets say, mixed reception I found it quite surprising that Fox would give Ridley so much funding for the next one.

Bearing in mind that the follow up to Alien Covenant was written during filming, and pre-production has to be beginning pretty soon if the ball is to get rolling for the planned 2018 start to production, I could see Fox agreeing to fund Covenant if he made it a stomper and kept his loftier ideas for later on once they had made their "crowd pleaser".

Just have to wait and see how much of a free hand he is given in the next instalment to see if he goes into the deeper mythos of the series.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

If it has a monster opening weekend, the sequel would be green lit immediately

Beardomorph

Quote from: NickisSmart on May 04, 2017, 09:22:00 AM
So, some argue, was Aliens. :P

Haha! Would anyone dare to argue Aliens wasn't commercial?  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed