A, B, C, D, W?

Started by brill0_pad, Dec 25, 2016, 08:24:32 PM

Author
A, B, C, D, W? (Read 2,572 times)

brill0_pad

brill0_pad

i wonder why Ridley has broken the unspoken convention of following the alphabet when naming the android...

Lonely Universe

Lonely Universe

I though before that maybe Walter is Weyland's consciousness copied into an android body. The guy was pretty interested in immortality & had the funds to approach it from various avenues. It is a fiction where humanity is able to view dreams, so mapping the consciousness wouldn't be too far fetched or out of place in the series. I feel like Walter will be Walter up until a trigger event where Weyland takes over.

brill0_pad

brill0_pad

That's a cool little theory

Spoiler
and ties in with the supposed leaked details surrounding the ending of the movie and the David / Walter interaction, Maybe the Weyland-Walter kills David in retaliation for going rogue and getting him killed in prometheus
[close]

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Could it be a David Giler/Walter Hill reference?

thexenomorph

thexenomorph

That's the best theory I've heard yet!! And then I wonder where a sequel would be headed with that theory?

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

4th from the start
4th from the end

David vs Walter

Whoever wins. We lose.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

I'm pretty sure the fact David had a "D" following Call was a pure accident ridley scott didn't intended.
It's more likely to refer to David Giler for the hommage but King David for the underneath layer "meaning".

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteI'm pretty sure the fact David had a "D" following Call was a pure accident ridley scott didn't intended.

IIRC, Spaiths said that David's name was indeed intentional. He was following the naming convention set forth in the Alien films. Not sure if Ridley was aware of it though.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

well, chronologically, its not fit anyway.

David came to existance before walter, and before Ash and Bishop.

That would suggest

David, Walter, Ash, Bishop.and then Call.

thexenomorph

thexenomorph

Spoiler
so perhaps if Walter is Weyland, than that's why they didn't continue the tradition?
[close]

brill0_pad

brill0_pad

Quote from: cliffhanger on Dec 25, 2016, 10:06:45 PM
well, chronologically, its not fit anyway.

David came to existance before walter, and before Ash and Bishop.

That would suggest

David, Walter, Ash, Bishop.and then Call.

its not about chronological importance for me. its almost like a mini torch passed on to each creator of an Alien Franchise movie. its only 4 films i know but it seemed odd just to drop it when its neither here nor there really.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ??

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 25, 2016, 08:58:02 PM

This is what I've always thought. 

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 25, 2016, 08:58:02 PM

Absolutely.

Next film will have an android called Gordon  :laugh:

motherfather

motherfather

I cannot imagine you travel to the far reaches of the galaxy with just 1 android. You go on a long trip, you take a couple of spare tyres right?

So, I reckon there will be a backup android. Maybe not neccessarily switched on. You could so easily reference that in a covenant storage room or something. Then bam! You have a spare android, perhaps named Ellen. Or, perhaps on the planet, David has built an android "E"lizabeth based on shaw. Or a MUTHUR interface named "E..." You could so easily and painlessly integrate that into the movie if you wanted to.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed