Alien v.s. Predator 2: No Peace On Earth!!!

Started by AB2K, Jun 01, 2007, 11:55:59 PM

Author
Alien v.s. Predator 2: No Peace On Earth!!! (Read 10,445 times)

Corporal Hicks

Think of it from a cinema-goer POV. Who would go see a movie titled that? Sounds like a spoof or something.

Dekapitator

"AVP2: No Peace on Earth"...Hah, does sound like a spoof indeed.

luispaulo53

I would prefer something like:

The Rise Of The Fittest

Keyes

Quote from: luispaulo53 on Jun 02, 2007, 11:23:02 AM

The Rise Of The Fittest

This ain't Terminator dude ;D

luispaulo53

Quote from: DazAvP01 on Jun 02, 2007, 11:26:11 AM
Quote from: luispaulo53 on Jun 02, 2007, 11:23:02 AM

The Rise Of The Fittest

This ain't Terminator dude ;D

lol

F4 The Rise Of The Silver Surfer + T3 The Rise Of The Machines + Survival Of The Fittest = The Rise of The Fittest

Champiionser

Colin is this the real thing?

YutaniDitch

What amazes me is the secrecy regarding the tagline and the efforts to say that the SOTF was just temporary and then they attach this to it... :o

It is a tagline so corny and so quickly assembled that it made me start to think that the SOTF was way better than this...

But since a title or a tagline doesn't make a movie and because a tagline never was enough from preventing me from seeing the movie (which it won't) then this is, for me, just a small bump on the long road to the premiere which, hopefully, will NOT BE Christmas Day (on the US at least) here hoping that they converge all the premiere dates to just one (avoiding spoiler reviews for those twitching with impatience... ;)) ...

Let's hope we don't have any more unpleasant surprises like this one or worse... (knock on wood)... 8) ;)  

Highland

I like AVP Earth Hive , Just like the book, its a fitting title and does'nt sound cheesy

YutaniDitch

Quote from: highlandpred on Jun 02, 2007, 11:38:00 AM
I like AVP Earth Hive , Just like the book, its a fitting title and does'nt sound cheesy

I like it, only one problem though: it would only appeal (and be understood) by us, fans...

Nobody besides us would understand the gag (EARTH Hive)...

AND we don't even know if there's gonna be a Hive, if a Queen doesn't make it to the movie...

But it sounded cool and subtle, highland... I liked it... ;)

Highland

Thanks man! simple is best as we've come to unfortunatley (AVP) know!

I don't think its too far out for non-fans though, the word Earth, or Planet , or somthing along those lines would make sense. (i dont think I'll get my Earth Hive, copyright and all that)

I just dont see why the title needs to be Fancey, SOTF is too Hollywood, too big fat director Sitting in chair with money surrounding him!! lol "we'll call it, Survival of the Fittest"" 

SonOfTheDark

Could be a tagline, but no title. Please, that's worse than Survival of the Fittest. Just call it Alien vs. Predator 2 without a subtitle.

Keyes

Thinking again over the idea of "Aliens Vs. Predator", okay granted this is the same name as the comics and games, is that really a bad thing? I mean, how many people going to see this film are all *that* aware of the different aspects of the franchise? The comics and games could easily have just been called "Alien Vs. Predator" anyway, so it would have to be used again for the films!

To justify calling this one "Aliens Vs. Predator" we have the fact that:

- There will be many alienS against ONE predator.

- That the alien head design is reminicent of "Aliens" too.

- It's the first sequel to the original lol.

- It's said to be more in-line regarding fast-pasing action with that of "Aliens".

- err, that's it ;D

But you see what I mean. You could add a extra subtitle like "AVP2: Aliens Vs. Predator" (or the other way round) and people would see it's the sequel to AVP, but also that it harks back to the original squel of "Alien". And like I said in a previous post, use the orginal "ALIENS" and "PREDATOR" fonts 8)

Predalienslayer

Predalien vs. Predator 2

lol

War Wager

I dont get this. The movies been through three name change already. Alien vs Predator 2: AvP2, Alien vs Predator: Survival of the Fittest and now Alien vs Predator: No Peace on Earth!

Keyes

I got it ;D

"ALIEN VS. PREDATOR: WELCOME TO THE CONCRETE JUNGLE"

;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed