A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered?

Started by Wobblyboddle77, Jul 03, 2018, 11:31:07 PM

Author
A Series Set In The ‘Alien’ Universe Being Considered? (Read 52,564 times)

Local Trouble

As if you didn't know.  :D

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jul 05, 2018, 12:18:31 AM
As if you didn't know.  :D

He's runnin.  ;) And I thought I saw a pizza box under his jacket.

Wobblyboddle77

Hi everyone,
                   I'm treating this entirely as a rumour still, but information such as this doesn't transpire from nowhere either. If Fox decide to take this route with the franchise, i think they will play it safe and use an established scenario the fan base are familiar with, such as the story of the colonising of LV426 and the events which lead up to Aliens.

The Old One

The Old One

I hope not, retreading old ground in that way leaves little to the imagination and not a lot of room for creativity.

426Buddy

Could be interesting, the colony had been there 20 years right? Lots of time to focus on stories that flesh out the universe but dont necessarily include the alien or derelict.

Rankles75

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Jul 04, 2018, 08:34:46 PM
Old One and 426 we can agree to disagree.  :)

Rankles-thank you! I really feel there are "a lot" of closet Blomkamp/Ripley/Hicks/Newt fans and simply don't post because they get piled on.

I can't stand the direction the films took after ALIENS and despise Alien 3 and Resurrection. Doesn't mean I will crap on anyone who likes those films. Different strokes for different folks.

Helmet-Fox did indeed and at least in the case of Alien 3, it's already been well established by many people, including the amazing David Fincher that it was an absolute nightmare production, the script was in a constant state of flux even while filming.

Quote"Ridley asked how it was going and I said 'Really bad' and he said, 'It never goes well, this is not the way to make movies, make sure you make a little film where you have some control while they're beating you up.' And all he did was tell me he still hasn't seen a dime from the first Alien. I don't think they ever used it in the documentary!"
https://mossfilm.wordpress.com/2012/10/13/alien-3-fincher-talks/

Oh, I don't give a crap about the Alien 3 apologists, believe me! I have no issue with them liking that film, but if they have a pop at those of us who want a worthy sequel (for us) to Aliens, I'm happy to bark back... :)

Richman678

Well i have been saying for a while that this would be a great idea....ok my ego has been cleansed.

Now hopefully they will not make it a show and call it Hadley's Hope....

I would rather it center around a different colony, and focus on discovering new stuff centered around the Engineers...then one scientist finds an egg or something. If there's stuff in space too that would be great.

Just please no prequel series centered on Hadley's Hope unless it's a comedy or something off the wall. Like How I Met Your Mother...but the crew are on a Hadleys Hope instead....(and the ending will be epic)

Xiggz456

I'm chest bursting with excitement at this rumor! I've been saying an 8-12 episode show would work perfect for Alien. Taking the time to build characters which should in turn build tension when characters you care for are at risk. Hopefully Disney will be on board with this rumor. I think it could be successful as it's worked with other horror franchises such as Hannibal, Bates Motel and Scream.

Local Trouble

What's the point of a show about a colony on a rock where nothing happens for 20 years until Aliens?  Is it Seinfeld in space or something?

FenGiddel

Never heard of the Omega Underground before now.

OpenMaw

Eh...

I'm weary of this idea.

I mean, I guess it could work. As a miniseries, with a narrative similar to something like Alien Isolation where there's enough material to stretch it out for eight to ten hours.

You don't want 50 minute episodes for a series like this, you'd want longer form. Almost like smaller movies. Like the old Hornblower miniseries.

Huggs

Hadley's sounds like a good choice, but covering all the years the colonists were there without alien contact would be incredibly dull, unless of course the cast and acting was such that you could just listen to them talk over tea all day long. But that's not likely to happen. You'd have to focus on the day to day of regular people, but there could only be so many lost groups of people trapped in a dust-storm, and people cheating on their spouses to make it viewable for even a short amount of time.

Maybe they could focus on more than the colony. Maybe half the story could involve Wey-Yu back on earth. Maybe even skip between different timeframes. Go back alittle in time, and see the company and whatever jerk was responsible send special order 937 to the Nostromo, and watch as Dallas or Ash interfaces with Mother, if that was possible to see it on earth in real time.

But really, it all comes down to one thing. If Hadley's is involved, there has to be a buildup to the xeno outbreak. So there's only so long you can drag it out. You can't just cover 2 decades of nothingness, or however long it was. So if this does move forward, I hope it turns into like a 10 episode series.

How to end it? I don't know. Maybe have the final shot should be of Newt and her family's crawler leaving the compound to investigate the derelict, or Newt crawling into the vents to escape the xenomorphs. Perhaps see a message from the company (or burke) scrolling across a bloodied screen, asking for clarification or awaiting response.

But that's just for Hadley's. I personally would like to see something completely fresh and new. What we may wind up with is an I-Robot style series where the David's, played by a different actor, turn on their human owners. Like bicentennial man meets Covenant.

Delta Echo Alpha Delta

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've had sporadic dealings with them over the past couple of years and I've found them to be pretty on the mark when it comes to insider info. They're one of the few "smaller" outlets I do trust.

As for the news - regardless of what form this new project ends up taking I'm really excited to just know that Fox are still working on the franchise. I think there's genuine room for more Alien-less projects in the Alien series - whether that be exploring the avenues of the Prometheus or Colonial Marine's dealings with other alien creatures.

Perfect-Organism

I'm up for this but as long as it moves the story along and really delves into the great mysteries presented in Prometheus rather than just inconsequential episodes like a sitcom where nothing ever really changes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed