Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel'

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Jul 22, 2019, 09:20:09 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel' (Read 156,172 times)

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 21, 2020, 01:56:44 AM
I feel like, with how late filming began, getting it out in 2020 under normal circumstances would have been optimistic. I think it is going to be a lot later than next February.
Late February is The Deadline for Oscars 2021. And the 3 Main Producers(Ridley Scott, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck) want Oscars 2021.

Nightmare Asylum

A pandemic doesn't really care about Oscar deadlines.

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 21, 2020, 02:42:40 AM
A pandemic doesn't really care about Oscar deadlines.
I known. But Hollywood cares about Oscars in April 2021 and their deadlines.

426Buddy

Yeah there is no way this film comes out that early.

Nightmare Asylum

Even if a pandemic never struck, I don't think it was going to hit its December 2020 release date. They didn't start shooting til what, February?

As it stands now with the ongoing pandemic and this movie not even being done shooting, this is probably going to be a November 2021 movie, or something in that general vicinity.

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 21, 2020, 02:45:09 PM
Even if a pandemic never struck, I don't think it was going to hit its December 2020 release date. They didn't start shooting til what, February?

As it stands now with the ongoing pandemic and this movie not even being done shooting, this is probably going to be a November 2021 movie, or something in that general vicinity.
Official NEW release date: October 15th, 2021. I wonder if GUCCI and several Ridley Scott projects are delayed too?....

Ingwar

Ingwar

Shit.

I don't think it's gonna have an impact on other Scott's projects as long as lockdown is over. After shooting Duel he will probably jump into another project like nothing happened.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Well I'll be... Nightmare was almost right with his estimate:

Quote from: ColliderThe Last Duel boasts a star-studded cast including Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Adam Driver and Jodie Comer (Killing Eve), and that film will now hit theaters on Oct. 15, 2021. That movie had previously been slated to open in limited release on Christmas Day before going wide on Jan. 8.

https://collider.com/mulan-french-dispatch-release-dates-canceled/

Quote from: Ingwar on Jul 24, 2020, 07:16:39 AM
Shit.

I don't think it's gonna have an impact on other Scott's projects as long as lockdown is over. After shooting Duel he will probably jump into another project like nothing happened.

At least it will give him and the post-production crew enough time to do a proper job instead of taking shortcuts and sacrificing quality just to make the Oscar cut-off date.

RidleyScott99

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 24, 2020, 05:32:01 PM
Well I'll be... Nightmare was almost right with his estimate:

Quote from: ColliderThe Last Duel boasts a star-studded cast including Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Adam Driver and Jodie Comer (Killing Eve), and that film will now hit theaters on Oct. 15, 2021. That movie had previously been slated to open in limited release on Christmas Day before going wide on Jan. 8.

https://collider.com/mulan-french-dispatch-release-dates-canceled/

Quote from: Ingwar on Jul 24, 2020, 07:16:39 AM
Shit.

At least it will give him and the post-production crew enough time to do a proper job instead of taking shortcuts and sacrificing quality just to make the Oscar cut-off date.
You are probably right. After THE LAST DUEL, Ridley Scott could do GUCCI or those TV Series with APPLE TV+

Ridlazz921

Even if they get more time for post, i think Ridley is the kinda person who jumps off to the next project as soon as possible anyway.

I would love for him to just, spend more time on projects. More time in post, and more time on shoot. Cut down on the cameras, dont use 4-7 cameras, use maybe 2-3 and rather do more takes.

I miss his collaboration with John Mathieson thought. I regard those as an golden era of Scott.

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Ridlazz921 on Jul 28, 2020, 07:23:39 AM
Even if they get more time for post, i think Ridley is the kinda person who jumps off to the next project as soon as possible anyway.

I would love for him to just, spend more time on projects. More time in post, and more time on shoot. Cut down on the cameras, dont use 4-7 cameras, use maybe 2-3 and rather do more takes.

I miss his collaboration with John Mathieson thought. I regard those as an golden era of Scott.
He is very old so He doesn't have time to lost. John Mathieson is great but he hates Digital cameras and 3D Digital cameras. Mathieson is too old school. Dariusz Wolski is The King of Digital. And Wolski works way faster too.

Ridlazz921

Well i think John have adapted, all thought, he prefers to shoot on film.
His recent work with Scott we will never see because it was canceled. They shot The Vatican pilot together.

From what i could tell from the on set photos it looked like they were shooting wit the Alexa.

I like Dariuz collaboration with Ridley, i just prefer Mathieson. Mathiesons stuff is a bit more on the edge i think.

Any news on who the composer for this flick will be?
Kinda hoping to see Scott work with HGW, but i would bet sweet money that he wil go for Daniel Pemberton actually.
HZ and Scott had a falling out years and years ago on Matchstick Men, so i dont expect him to return anytime soon.
And i dont know if HGW and Scott had a falling out on Alien: Covenant, since he was supposed to do the score, but dropped out.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ridlazz921 on Jul 28, 2020, 07:23:39 AM

Mathieson's work on Kingdom of Heaven in particular was incredible. Strange because he got a string of nominations (including Academy) and wins (including BAFTA) for Gladiator but none apparently for Kingdom which I thought was much better overall. Robin Hood I found had a lot of average looking cinematography though, not quite on the same level as Gladiator and Kingdom.

QuoteEven if they get more time for post, i think Ridley is the kinda person who jumps off to the next project as soon as possible anyway.

He would, but at least it gives the post-production crew time to live up to his vision.

QuoteAny news on who the composer for this flick will be?
Kinda hoping to see Scott work with HGW, but i would bet sweet money that he wil go for Daniel Pemberton actually.
HZ and Scott had a falling out years and years ago on Matchstick Men, so i dont expect him to return anytime soon.
And i dont know if HGW and Scott had a falling out on Alien: Covenant, since he was supposed to do the score, but dropped out.

Not yet but it may well be Pemberton again with whom he worked on All the Money in the World.

Not sure what the true story behind Gregson-Williams withdrawal from Alien Covenant was. His official line was that his "schedules didn't align" anymore and therefore had to step off the project. There was also a rumour that his son had leaked information about the film to the public and therefore indirectly breached HGW's NDA causing him to be fired. We did discuss it on this forum back when Covenant was still in post, though I'm inclined to believe HGW's more mundane explanation. HGW did however compose Scott's great hit, The Martian so there is that going for him.

Jed Kurzel is also another possibility since Scott seemed quite pleased with his Covenant score in the director's commentary.

RidleyScott99

RidleyScott99

Quote from: Ridlazz921 on Jul 28, 2020, 01:37:01 PM
Well i think John have adapted, all thought, he prefers to shoot on film.
His recent work with Scott we will never see because it was canceled. They shot The Vatican pilot together.

From what i could tell from the on set photos it looked like they were shooting wit the Alexa.

I like Dariuz collaboration with Ridley, i just prefer Mathieson. Mathiesons stuff is a bit more on the edge i think.

Any news on who the composer for this flick will be?
I think it's not a coincidence. ROBIN HOOD was The last movie with Mathieson and the last time Ridley Scott worked with film cameras. Since PROMETHEUS everything is 100% Digital and since PROMETHEUS Ridley Scott only works with Digital cameras and Dariusz Wolski. In other things: I love the music of Steve JABLONSKY in the Michael Bay movies. Steve JABLONSKY is The new Hans Zimmer.

Ridlazz921

Except that they shot The Vatican together :P

Funny story but i actually sent an e-mail to Daniel Pemberton back in the days when The Vatican was canceled.
He sent me a few cues from it.

And i also remember they used a different version of one of his tracks in The Counselor trailer. And when i asked him about it he sent it to me.
With a little disclaimer, you never got this from me....
But i think enough time has passed to tell the story. I havent shared his tracks, as he asked me not to, and i am gonna keep it like that.
He seams like a really down to earth nice guy!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed