Predators: The Lost Tribes - a Skyrim MOD

Started by roland113, Jul 13, 2012, 04:00:40 PM

Author
Predators: The Lost Tribes - a Skyrim MOD (Read 55,180 times)

roland113

Are you rigging the Predator's eyes, mouth, etc... too?

Unfortunately no.   

Sadly in Skyrim the speaking Morph targets are overly complicated and done with a completely different App - FACEGEN.  Getting facial /head morphs  working without that app was pretty difficult - but since you don't carry on any predator NPC conversations you don't really notice. 

I'm pretty sure there is a way to do a manual job of it with blender and some tri strip tools from some very industrious people - but that's a lot of work that mostly won't show up (or if you were wearing a helmet - you wouldn't want it to show up - ie go through the helmet. 

I might go poking around trying to get mouth morphs working again - but I've so many other bigger things I want to spend time on - like dungeons, AVP monsters and predator NPCs before I go back to dealing with the morph targets to get the mouth to animate.

The morph targets that I do have done are all body sizes morph targets. These are standard morph targets you can do in Studio Max without any 3rd party apps -- - so when you shift body weight sliders and the male and female avatars - all clothing and armor sizes change with it.

ikarop

I thought so. I think you can add some idle animation to the mandibles using havok tho. It's tedious but probably worth a try if you want the preds to have some extra realism.

My Steam username is in my profile if you want to chat sometime with a fellow modder.

Ralkahn

Another biomask you might look at adding: http://the-predator-club.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2c8ec8

Maybe craftable after a certain point in the quest line using dragon bone and another biomask, or something like that? It totally fits both the mod and the original game setting.

roland113

Thanks -

I'll have to post pics of the troll skull bone bio helm i've created.  I've also got a falmer helm modified to fit the pred (Since falmer helms are so cool and fit over the face like a mask to begin with.)

I was thinking of making more Dragon and monster bone 'add-ons' as other craftables in later mod versions.

What I'd like to do most is make a dragon skull part of armor that goes over one shoulder. Similar to what artists did in the game AVP 2 as Heavy Predator, Juggernaut armor.

chupacabras acheronsis

how do you plan to implement the HUD system for the masks?

roland113

Game hud for masks.

The whole game's hud won't swap when you put masks on/off - (as cool as that would be - the work would be huge)

What I do have is pretty light -

I'm working on a few 'predator mouse cursors' as add-ons you can drop into the HUD folder.  the tri dots, or the triangle 'lock on' cursor.

I'm still working on the last stages of 'predator heat vision' mode - so you can run around with the world 'blue and heated skins reacting as you'd expect in heat vision.  This may be an add on item that sets this vision mode - so you can have it "on" all the time or deactivate it.  I'm also using it as a 'spell' though I dont' like that so much at the moment but it might be what I use.

Skyrim has its own HUD for damage / mana / stamina (red, blue, green bars) - and a Compass on top - i'm not planning on 'predator-izing' the art on that since its pretty sparse to start with

roland113

Some examples of a few Bio helms and some outfit/Weapon combinations

chupacabras acheronsis

looks kinda out of place.

could you make their necks shorter?

roland113

Those are skyrim's proportions - they fit the rest of the game's bodies and outfits so they can mix and match

roland113

Getting close to shipping V 1.0

Still have to add monster NPC predators to battle. The AVP style "drop pods" with extra gear and loot is coming along nicely.

darksword

cant wait!

roland113

roland113

Quote from: darksword on Sep 11, 2012, 09:48:01 PM
cant wait!

I just finished the work for the public V 1.0 launch! More work will be done, but this is past Beta and is quite fun to play.

Its now available on the Skrim Nexus!  http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/

just search for 'Predators The Lost Tribes' in the mods Race section.

Byohzrd

you should look into adding some Aliens and a Hunt quest of a sort.

roland113

"you should look into adding some Aliens and a Hunt quest of a sort."

Yup - you've got that right. I've still got a lot of work to do to finish - but its got a lot of opportunity to model some Xenomorph hybrids and drop them in to make some very exciting levels.

ikarop

Congrats on the release! Hope it gets many downloads.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed