Accidentally unlocked a core memory

Started by solace97, Mar 24, 2024, 08:28:08 AM

Author
Accidentally unlocked a core memory (Read 438 times)

solace97

solace97

Scrolled across this gem....such a beauty

Edit: oh no image didn't post, but it was the treehouse ALIENS playset 2004

[cancerblack]

Quote from: solace97 on Mar 24, 2024, 08:28:08 AMhttps://images.app.goo.gl/DvyPTs1Z3xR1jcAX9
Scrolled across this gem....such a beauty

Edit: oh no image didn't post, but it was the treehouse ALIENS playset 2004

This one?

Never had it myself but I'm aware of it and the minis are actually pretty great.

solace97

YesTHANK YOU

Not sure why it didn't post but that's the one. I remember painting the marines too look more accurate and giving a quick airbrush to the xenos. Honestly a great looking diorama for the time. Wish more of these were released in bigger scale with conjunction to NECA

Sidebar it really makes me appreciate how far the merchandise have come. Now you can have a 1/12 scale figure straight out of the movie with fairly accurate detail

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: solace97 on Mar 24, 2024, 09:30:20 AMYesTHANK YOU

Not sure why it didn't post but that's the one. I remember painting the marines too look more accurate and giving a quick airbrush to the xenos. Honestly a great looking diorama for the time. Wish more of these were released in bigger scale with conjunction to NECA

Sidebar it really makes me appreciate how far the merchandise have come. Now you can have a 1/12 scale figure straight out of the movie with fairly accurate detail
I never had the playset either but I do remember really wanting it. Honestly good thing you posted, I almost forgot about it.

Also I too appreciate how far we have come, as looking back to when all I had was the Kenner spiked tail predator and Renegade predator from the early/mid 90s and then the first time McFarlane Movie Maniacs came out with Alien and predator and AVP figures and they blew my mind lol. Then Neca came along and blew those out of the water. Good times lol.

Wweyland

It has some boardgame elements as well? Looks good otherwise.

solace97

I can't remember if it has board game associated with the actual diorama and figures

bobcunk

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Mar 24, 2024, 12:50:09 PM
Quote from: solace97 on Mar 24, 2024, 09:30:20 AMYesTHANK YOU

I never had the playset either but I do remember really wanting it. Honestly good thing you posted, I almost forgot about it.

Also I too appreciate how far we have come, as looking back to when all I had was the Kenner spiked tail predator and Renegade predator from the early/mid 90s and then the first time McFarlane Movie Maniacs came out with Alien and predator and AVP figures and they blew my mind lol. Then Neca came along and blew those out of the water. Good times lol.

I still have the McFarland avp alien on my desk, I had them all but that's pretty much the only one to survive. the leg broke of my dog alien last year, It looked nothing like the one in Alien 3 but I thought it was still a cool design.

Nightmare Asylum

Never had this playset, but I did have one of the "expansion packs" that came with a single gray marine and a single transparent blue Alien. Not sure what happened to the marine (he has to be in a box somewhere around the house), but the Alien is still up on my shelf with my other Alien figures.

This is the particular marine/Alien combo I have/had, but there are others out there. It's all the same moulds from the big playset, as far as I can tell.

bobcunk

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 27, 2024, 03:37:45 PMNever had this playset, but I did have one of the "expansion packs" that came with a single gray marine and a single transparent blue Alien. Not sure what happened to the marine (he has to be in a box somewhere around the house), but the Alien is still up on my shelf with my other Alien figures.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Ie4AAOxyjP1R0yMb/s-l1200.webp
This is the particular marine/Alien combo I have/had, but there are others out there. It's all the same moulds from the big playset, as far as I can tell.
I have a bag of Aliens army men, its a bunch of gresn Marines and black xenomorphs.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 27, 2024, 03:37:45 PMNever had this playset, but I did have one of the "expansion packs" that came with a single gray marine and a single transparent blue Alien. Not sure what happened to the marine (he has to be in a box somewhere around the house), but the Alien is still up on my shelf with my other Alien figures.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Ie4AAOxyjP1R0yMb/s-l1200.webp

Loving the disco marine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed