What was the first Alien/Predator physical media you owned?

Started by Acid for Blood, Jan 28, 2024, 07:52:05 PM

Author
What was the first Alien/Predator physical media you owned? (Read 1,775 times)

Acid for Blood

I'm wondering what everyone's first piece of Alien/Predator film physical media is that they owned. This might be anything from laserdisc to 4k or maybe just a novelisation.

Do you have any nice memories of getting it and do you still own it?

SiL

Alien 20th Anniversary Edition VHS. Still got it.

Acid for Blood

Quote from: SiL on Jan 28, 2024, 08:00:24 PMAlien 20th Anniversary Edition VHS. Still got it.

Cool. I've still got the 4-pack VHS from that year ...  :'( I couldn't afford the Alien Legacy DVD set. Eventually in the early 2000's I bought my first DVD player - and my first DVD was the Predator 2-pack set. Then I got the Alien Quadrilogy DVD for Christmas 2003. Happy times.

SM

Immortan Jonesy

:laugh:

Yup, also the Covenant Blu-ray, but👆 that one is my first piece of Alien media lol ;D

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

*casts mind back to '93/94*

Well the movies were tv recording at first for me, but for official media, it was;

***the following are images from google***

First VHS; Alien 3 (as Alien and Aliens were already deleted, and I had to track those down pre-owned; I was lucky the one store still had an Alien 3 in stock I could order in).

First Graphic Novel; Aliens: Tribes TPB

First Comic Books; Aliens: Colonial Marines #1 and Aliens: Earth Angel (picked up at same time)

First video game; Alien 3 [Sega Genesis] (despite living in uk, it was the Genesis edition rather than the megadrive branding)

First book; Aliens: Earth Hive (have never seen the edition I had since; it was an early (possibly first edition?) under the Dark Horse Books label, with green text on the spine; it was later reprinted by millennium which I picked up instead to have matching spines with the other books)

And outside of media:

First stationary;

Operation: Aliens pencil case/sharpener/rubber/pencils and hardcover log book

First toy;

Kenner Scorpion Alien (chosen as it was the figure that best resembled the xenos in 'Aliens' and the facehugger included was the closest to most 'natural' colour.

First model kit;

Halcyon Attacking Alien

SM

Did you get your Alien War discount?

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: SM on Jan 29, 2024, 03:28:15 AMDid you get your Alien War discount?

Sadly, I always dreamed of going to visit and never got to. 😥

Acid_Reign161

Honourable shoutout to this one though; picked up as a Xmas gift from my mother who thought it was another movie in the Alien franchise... 🤣

SM

What's going with the guy in the photo on the left, second from the top?

Elmazalman

My first copy of ALIEN (1979) on home video was an ex-rental Betamax, bought from a video library in Salisbury, South Australia - close to the Parabanks Shopping Centre, in 1985.

The Betamax videotape was in excellent condition, the film in fullscreen. I remember it had the earlier audio (with the different music cues and alternate effects). I owned it up until 1994, when it got chewed up in a friend's VCR. It didn't really matter at the time though, as the film was reissued on VHS in 1991 (also in fullscreen, which I bought). Great times!

SM

I remember seeing one of the cars from Mad Max 3 outside a video rental in Adelaide in 1986. Can't remember the suburb though.

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic topic!

I can't actually remember what the first actual thing I owned was. I remember I eventually inherited by Dad's VHS of Aliens and Predator but I'm positive I'd already taped Alien and Aliens SE off the TV myself by then. The first game was owned was Alien Trilogy on the Sega Saturn but that was a family console.

The first things I brought with my own money were Kenner's Bull Alien and my first comic was the final issue of Dredd vs Aliens. My first book was an Omnibus of Aliens: Earth Hive/Nightmare Asylum. I just can't remember which of those came first.

Elmazalman

Quote from: SM on Jan 29, 2024, 06:12:31 AMI remember seeing one of the cars from Mad Max 3 outside a video rental in Adelaide in 1986. Can't remember the suburb though.

I saw a large buggy from the same film (MAD MAX 3), parked at a service station, just outside of the Adelaide city in 1989. Walked up to it with two schoolmates (skipped school that day) to touch it. Wasn't sure if it was a replica, or an original prop used in the film?

SM

Considering it was shot in Coober Pedy it wouldn't surprise me if it was one of the real cars. If not it was a great replica.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed