When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel?

Started by Daszkowski, Sep 17, 2017, 10:46:53 PM

Author
When can we expect news about Alien: Covenant sequel? (Read 77,175 times)

Local Trouble

Always is somewhat absolute.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PierreVW on Oct 30, 2017, 12:19:32 AM
Quote from: SM on Oct 29, 2017, 11:14:40 PM
Quote from: PierreVW on Oct 29, 2017, 11:07:18 PM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2017, 11:05:33 PM
I'm millennial and so are all of my friends, and they've all seen older movies. Who's right?!?

First, put Millenial in Google:

people who born since 1982.

So, you are wrong. Even people older than me are Millenials.

And lots of them have seen older films.  100% of my children have watched older movies.

I get English is probably your second language, but you really need to consider avoiding absolutes when things aren't.

You said I'm not a Millenial. You were wrong like always.

SiL said you weren't a millennial, not SM. Regardless, it still doesn't change that you can't use a small group of friends to try and declare an absolute about a whole generation when myself and others here who are also a part of that generation and have experiences that don't match yours.

SM

SM sir.  He's SiL.

Highland

Sil and SM are like Christian Bale in the Prestige. They swap in and out and you don't notice then get bamboozled.

Local Trouble

monkeylove

monkeylove

Quote from: SM on Oct 27, 2017, 09:05:46 PM
By what measure was Covenant a "flop"?

What was explained in another thread doesn't refer to what makes it a flop but what's needed to profit. That is, the total cost is generally doubled to account for marketing, taxes, etc., and revenues cut by a third to a half for the distributor. What's left is divided between the studio and those who invested in the film.

Quote from: PierreVW on Oct 29, 2017, 06:19:58 PM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2017, 03:31:55 AM
That's a really neat trick since he made The Marian after Prometheus.

I known. Then, Ridley is famous for GLADIATOR and BLACK HAWK DOWN.

Most people of my age and younger than me never saw his old classics. Most youngsters only saw movies since 1999. LOL....

Sad but true.

He has a very good movie entitled The Duellists.

I usually use twenty-year increments to label generations: 1921-1940 for the Silent Generation, 1941-1960 for the Boomers, 1961-1980 for X, 1981-2000 for Y, and 2001-2020 for the Millennials.

SM

QuoteWhat was explained in another thread doesn't refer to what makes it a flop but what's needed to profit. That is, the total cost is generally doubled to account for marketing, taxes, etc., and revenues cut by a third to a half for the distributor. What's left is divided between the studio and those who invested in the film.

Specifically, "by what measure was Covenant a "flop"?"

Considering the studio said "It will be a profitable film".

SiL

QuoteFirst, put Millenial in Google:

people who born since 1982.

So, you are wrong. Even people older than me are Millenials.
Did you bother reading what I wrote?

I'm younger than you. By that definition I'm a millennial, my friends are millennials, my siblings are millenials, and THEIR friends are millenials.

And they've all watched older movies. Every last one of them.

So who's the more accurate depiction of the generation; your friends, or everyone I know? Why do your friends take precedence?

Scorpio

It's just a label, but since the new millenium began on 1 Jan 2001, then technically it should be everyone born on or after that date.

But that's only according to the Christian calendar.

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

No, because the term refers to the time when you reach young adulthood, not when you're born. This is also why many of the people who like to "slam Millennials" are so funny: They're Millennials themselves.

Now, being the wild card that I am, I would like to propose a crazy counter-argument to the "Millennials don't watch older movies" debate. Here it is: People who love movies, watch older movies; People who don't, not so much. Across all generations.

If anything, common sense dictates that Millennials would watch more films than previous generations, both because they live in a time when movies are more accessible to watch than ever (we now have streaming and fast internet, while older generations had to rely on the movie selection at their local video store, if they had one at all), and because Media Research shows a huge increase of media content consumption over the years.

"Millennials don't watch older movies" is just your typical Old Man Argument, that's been used since the dawn of time by older generations to "criticize" younger generations. There's no real substance behind it. Jesus, these kids today...

DorkiDori

let me just go ahead and clear up the gen x vs millennial argument for those of us that are neither...

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/06/28/xennials_a_23006562/

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Oct 30, 2017, 07:43:35 AM
No, because the term refers to the time when you reach young adulthood, not when you're born. This is also why many of the people who like to "slam Millennials" are so funny: They're Millennials themselves.

Now, being the wild card that I am, I would like to propose a crazy counter-argument to the "Millennials don't watch older movies" debate. Here it is: People who love movies, watch older movies; People who don't, not so much. Across all generations.

If anything, common sense dictates that Millennials would watch more films than previous generations, both because they live in a time when movies are more accessible to watch than ever (we now have streaming and fast internet, while older generations had to rely on the movie selection at their local video store, if they had one at all), and because Media Research shows a huge increase of media content consumption over the years.

"Millennials don't watch older movies" is just your typical Old Man Argument, that's been used since the dawn of time by older generations to "criticize" younger generations. There's no real substance behind it. Jesus, these kids today...

That hits the nail on the head. Casual movie viewers aren't bothered about watching 40-50 year old movies regardless of how old they are.

I'm in my forties and know plenty of people my age that haven't seen so called classics.

SM

Even casual movie goers have often seen stuff like The Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz, It's a Wonderful Life, Ben-Hur etc.

Jonesy1974

Highland

Quote from: SM on Oct 30, 2017, 10:34:52 AM
Even casual movie goers have often seen stuff like The Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz, It's a Wonderful Life, Ben-Hur etc.

Only because my mum drilled them in. Thank god for dad and robocop.

"What's that they are sniffing off those girls chest dad"

"That's talcum powder son"

True story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed