What if we had alternate composers for the Alien films

Started by Prez, Mar 26, 2024, 12:33:48 AM

Author
What if we had alternate composers for the Alien films (Read 450 times)

Prez

Listening to Goldenthal's Alien 3 score and it got me thinking about a what-if scenario with different composers.

Imagine if we had John Williams scoring an Alien film (he brought the fear with probably the most iconic score of all time in Jaws. What could he bring to Alien?)

Hans Zimmer with his BRAM!!!! His scores sound very similar but I must confess his work on Blade Runner and Nolan's Batman is very heart pounding stuff at times.

Or in some alternate universe (and timeline), Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross scored Fincher's Alien 3. Those two have a very similar ambient sound to their music.

Would love to see Ludwig Goransson score an Alien 3.

FWIW I loved Jed Kurtzel's work on Covenant and Streitenfeld too on Prometheus.

Thoughts? Who would you like to see score an Alien film?

E. Shaw

Hanz Zimmer in Man of Steel did some nice creepy music for General Zod:

He could do some Alien composing in my opinion.

Kradan

Hildur Guðnadóttir. Her score for Joker is phenomenal

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Ridley wanted Isao Tomita for Alien's score, but the studio balked.

Harry Gregson Williams would have composed Covenant's score but there was a scheduling conflict.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 26, 2024, 05:14:21 PMHildur Guðnadóttir. Her score for Joker is phenomenal

Great shout!!!

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Mar 26, 2024, 07:19:19 PMRidley wanted Isao Tomita for Alien's score, but the studio balked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv707GLbFGw
Harry Gregson Williams would have composed Covenant's score but there was a scheduling conflict.

Didn't know that about Williams. Kinda glad we got Kurtzel though (Aussie bias in full effect).

E. Shaw

Quote from: Prez on Mar 26, 2024, 10:30:54 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Mar 26, 2024, 05:14:21 PMHildur Guðnadóttir. Her score for Joker is phenomenal

Great shout!!!

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Mar 26, 2024, 07:19:19 PMRidley wanted Isao Tomita for Alien's score, but the studio balked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv707GLbFGw

Didn't know that about Williams. Kinda glad we got Kurtzel though (Aussie bias in full effect).

Williams tends to do triumphal music like Kingdom of Heaven and The Chronicles of Narnia: TLWW. So I think it is for the best. 

SiL

Basil Poledouris for Aliens could've been interesting.

Prez

Quote from: SiL on Mar 26, 2024, 10:41:11 PMBasil Poledouris for Aliens could've been interesting.

Instantly started playing the Robocop theme music in my head reading this.

SiL

Starship Troopers, Conan, oh my

Local Trouble

Always thought Cliff Martinez would be good ever since I heard his soundtrack for Solaris.  He seems to work with Steven Soderbergh and Nicolas Winding Refn a lot.

Other choices would be Clint Mansell and John Murphy.

SM

Giorgio Moroder

Prez

Prez

Loving all the responses on here

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteDidn't know that about Williams. Kinda glad we got Kurtzel though ( bias in full effect).

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 26, 2024, 10:36:10 PMWilliams tends to do triumphal music like Kingdom of Heaven and The Chronicles of Narnia: TLWW. So I think it is for the best. 

Harry Gregson Williams has actually already composed music for the Alien franchise.

He composed two tracks for Prometheus.

Wweyland

Cliff Martinez, the Solaris soundtrack is amazing.

E. Shaw

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Mar 27, 2024, 02:11:36 PM
QuoteDidn't know that about Williams. Kinda glad we got Kurtzel though ( bias in full effect).

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 26, 2024, 10:36:10 PMWilliams tends to do triumphal music like Kingdom of Heaven and The Chronicles of Narnia: TLWW. So I think it is for the best. 

Harry Gregson Williams has actually already composed music for the Alien franchise.

He composed two tracks for Prometheus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBgdM7BxFTc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhTfVMvweQ4

I did not know this! Thanks for sharing. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed