Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 71,167 times)

Predaker

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 26, 2017, 09:02:22 PM
Quote from: Game_Over_Man on Apr 26, 2017, 08:59:31 PM
I wonder if that's actually what happened...or David's "version" of events. I think there could be a horrific twist here. David has a touch of the Norman Bates about him; Narcissistic. Delusional. One cable short of reattachment ;)

Also, I wonder how secure the head is? They surely didn't have the right tools at hand, just enough to make him functional.

Did Shaw eat Engineer provisions? Was there access to clean water? Where was the bathroom?

I didn't think it featured in the final cut, they did announce it as a special presentation from Ridley exclusive for the event.

I'm very excited overall.

The key line in this video is where David said that he was alone again and learned more about their (Engineers). Who knows how much time he had while Shaw was in cryo? I also noticed they appeared to have some human supplies. Cups, maps, etc.

Was that a human cup? Could be engineer-ware.  :D

The sacrificial engineer had a cup, too.

fernandito

One thing is clear now. Shaw manages to scape cryo after that Derelict ship crashes in the woods

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

I wonder if that's actually what happened...or David's "version" of events. I think there could be a horrific twist here. David has a touch of the Norman Bates about him; Narcissistic. Delusional. One cable short of reattachment ;)

Also, I wonder how secure the head is? They surely didn't have the right tools at hand, just enough to make him functional.

Did Shaw eat Engineer provisions? Was there access to clean water? Where was the bathroom?

My assumption is they raided stores and provisions leftover from the wreckage of Prometheus and Vickers' suite before leaving LV-223. Clothes, food, etc. needed for Shaw. Although I'd not be shocked if the tech onboard the juggernaut could fabricate any number of provisions.

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 26, 2017, 09:06:27 PM
One thing is clear now. Shaw manages to scape cryo after that Derelict ship crashes in the woods

How is that clear?

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 26, 2017, 09:06:05 PM
this will definately be in it's fullest in the movie, it's mentioned that the scene with the vase dropping is in the middle of the movie.

The drop is. The material with Shaw and David before arriving at the Engineers' world allegedly is not.

Quotes this planet their homeplanet or is it actually a destination of the juggernaut they left lv-223 with, like the other juggernaut was supposed to go to earth?

They have said in advance press, at the end of Prometheus and now in this featurette that David and Shaw went to the Engineers' homeworld. David explicitly says that he and Shaw worked together to find the homeworld and set course for it.

rabidranger

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 26, 2017, 09:06:17 PM

I didn't think it featured in the final cut, they did announce it as a special presentation from Ridley exclusive for the event.

The key line in this video is where David said that he was alone again and learned more about their (Engineers). Who knows how much time he had while Shaw was in cryo? I also noticed they appeared to have some human supplies. Cups, maps, etc.

Good point. A cup is a cup I guess!

Dan

FFS man pls tell me we will see him drop the black stuff over the city.  :'(

Le Celticant

I actually believe, it's not the engineer homeworld and the Scorpionaut was deliberately left there.
And there probably was one on earth too, before they revolted.

Everyone there looks so... in awe to see the Derelict like "it's coming back" after such a long time.

And if I was to guess again, I would suspect that David has "learnt" what the Engineers are doing / all about :D
And it has something to do about weaponizing this black goo.
Engineer creates life, black goo-ed it, but then for which purpose, I'm sure it's what covenant is going to set, so we understand there's something "bigger" than just a robot killing all engineers and creating the Alien (it doesn't sound very Scott's like to be honest, it lacks depth).
Also, if you take a very very very close look at the pictures and promo videos, it's very very very very very very very very (I can't put enough very) obvious, that this "round plaza" thing IS A TRAP.
It looks so well designed to weaponize the black goo, there are even fences that closes on the entrance to trap everyone.
It can't be there just by "accident" or "randomness".

fernandito

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 26, 2017, 09:07:01 PM
how is that clear
The hologram we saw of her should be a recording of what we see now while she operates the console and David is on the chair. She should not be infected or anything else, unless what it looked like a stab at the end of the recording was indeed a stab, suggesting that the recording is not of what we see now, but of something else after when she leaves cryo.

The covenant guys don't seem to find her when they enter the crushed Derelict also, just her tags, so It would be safely to assume that the crash frees her from the cryo

Predaker

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 26, 2017, 09:09:59 PM
Quote from: Predaker on Apr 26, 2017, 09:06:17 PM

Good point. A cup is a cup I guess!

I noticed the cup has some weight to it when you hear her set it down. Did they have heavy cups like that on the Prometheus?

cliffhanger

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 26, 2017, 09:11:36 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 26, 2017, 09:07:01 PM
how is that clear
The hologram we saw of her should be a recording of what we see now while she operates the console and David is on the chair. She should not be infected or anything else, unless what it looked like a stab at the end of the recording was indeed a stab, suggesting that the recording is not of what we see now, but of something else after when she leaves cryo.

The covenant guys don't seem to find her when they enter the crushed Derelict also, just her tags, so It would be safely to assume that the crash frees her from the cryo

no, she doesnt get stabbed. you can see from her movements that that is the EXACT same we see in holograph. it's literally the exact same movement.
the question that remains though; can we see the cryotube in the 'shaw' tv spot or not, can't remember i did?

Infected

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 26, 2017, 09:06:05 PM
ok now some calmness arrived.
dayum. so cool. but ok.

this will definately be in it's fullest in the movie, it's mentioned that the scene with the vase dropping is in the middle of the movie.
david tells the story. we see shaw, and obviously we need movie explenation why he's together again in shape. so this will defo
be in the movie, which i love

also, i start wondering now if shaw will actually be otherwise present in the movie, and we might get to actually see her reappear
in another movie, who knows.

That docking sequence is amazing. interesting, it is rather different then i assumed and really big. i thought the leaks said the openings end up into eachother but the entire ship goes into the other. so david brings the payload, the ammo, and the device is a gun? also curious then why that floor thing opened. i don't think that 'ship' came from that hole, but i might be mistaken?

interesting event. must attract quite the attention obviously that suddenly something is going on.

a couple of questions rise.

is this planet their homeplanet or is it actually a destination of the juggernaut they left lv-223 with, like the other juggernaut was supposed to go to earth?
as for earth, a question rises; why isnt there such a scorpionaut/dreadnaught docking apparatus here if that's how it's supposed to work?

as for the 'paradise planet', if that docking ship is then meant to gun down barrels, then it must be of destructive nature somehow. its already there, were they awaiting this to happen and something happened that they never arrived and david simply 'does their mission' ?

could that mean that that planet should have been destroyed of life 2000 years ago, too? galaxy-wide extinction mission, but something went wrong and the lv-223 location had a 'contamination breach' which caused the ships never to take off? part of a war?

this brings so much more to the table, i can't wait. only 2-3 weeks!
Maybe the engineers search the galaxy for inferior species, bastard creations from the engineers/jockeys, and they want to exterminate them, and the engineer type humanoids at the citadel did just suffered the fate of what was waiting for us on Earth if the derelict never crashed, and the scorpion is just a automated vessel wich syncs with engineer ships on arrival of its destination....

This a lot of bla but my question is, the scorpion is a mystery, knowing what it is and does is probably the most important thing in all this, its another green crystal thing mystery atm

Perfect-Organism

I don't really like the shot if the juggernaut flying through space.  Looks too low tech in terms of fun making.  If u look at the Prometheus flying through space, that was impressive.  This looked chintzy.  Otherwise this really looked interesting...

reecebomb

reecebomb

Quite well done but no way i'm ever buying that this fantasy space opera takes place in the same classic A L I E N universe.

theDecline84

So i was thinking could this be a little look at what Alien Awakening might be about? shaw waking and finding out what david has done? just thinking out loud. I bet most likely just hypeing up the alien covenant prequel book.

kwisatz

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 26, 2017, 09:11:29 PM
I actually believe, it's not the engineer homeworld and the Scorpionaut was deliberately left there.
And there probably was one on earth too, before they revolted.

Everyone there looks so... in awe to see the Derelict like "it's coming back" after such a long time.

And if I was to guess again, I would suspect that David has "learnt" what the Engineers are doing / all about :D
And it has something to do about weaponizing this black goo.
Engineer creates life, black goo-ed it, but then for which purpose, I'm sure it's what covenant is going to set, so we understand there's something "bigger" than just a robot killing all engineers and creating the Alien (it doesn't sound very Scott's like to be honest, it lacks depth).
Also, if you take a very very very close look at the pictures and promo videos, it's very very very very very very very very (I can't put enough very) obvious, that this "round plaza" thing IS A TRAP.
It looks so well designed to weaponize the black goo, there are even fences that closes on the entrance to trap everyone.
It can't be there just by "accident" or "randomness".

I would definitely welcome this direction.

But i wondered if these are really fences?

Its these right? But are the gaps really too small to get through?

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 26, 2017, 09:11:36 PM

There is no stab. I am not disputing Shaw may come out of cryo, I am saying there is no evidence either way based on this clip.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed