Best non-alien pictures

Started by Bad Replicant, Apr 02, 2011, 06:14:54 PM

Author
Best non-alien pictures (Read 412,532 times)

SiL

SiL

I wonder if it's fan made? The details aren't very accurate, especially around the legs.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SiL on Mar 15, 2024, 12:45:12 AMI wonder if it's fan made? The details aren't very accurate, especially around the legs.

That, or a concept marquette. It looks handmade, not something mass-produced.

At the time, the MPC Alien model kit was produced. It was smaller and less accurate than what Giger's holding.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Another unused shot of Ray Caple's Derelict:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Interesting... in the one I posted you can see the two orifices and floor are real while only the arm is painting. Note the four crew members. Obviously painted on glass with the film being projected through from behind.

The second one contains much more painting.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

One more of Roy Carple's matte paintings was used for a shot showing the three crew members walking on the planet's surface that was cut.  Apologies if this has been posted before.

SiL

SiL

Is that shot in the movie? I don't remember it.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SiL on Mar 30, 2024, 10:34:15 PMIs that shot in the movie? I don't remember it.

No, this scene was filmed but later edited out.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: SiL on Mar 30, 2024, 10:34:15 PMIs that shot in the movie? I don't remember it.

There are two clips of this unused landscape shot in the 2003 three-hours documentary - along with the Ray Caple (matte painting and live-action shot) of the Derelict's three openings. This also unused shot would have illustrated the immense size of the Derelict in relation to the three astronauts - something the comic book adaptation did extremely well (the double-page spread).

Corporal Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed