[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (20%)
I do not like the new face design
73 (48.7%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 143,156 times)

Thatguy2068

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 21, 2024, 04:18:04 AM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 21, 2024, 04:11:26 AMWhere are you getting so upset with movie having politics in it. the alien franchise had multiple themes of capitalism is bad and what not. Isn't that one of the major "woke" points for a film to make. Anytime, that the media made points about progressiveness Everyone on the Anti SJW side seems to shy away from it and say it's bad, but there are films in the past did the same thing, maybe it's just depends on the execution.

It depends on whether a youtuber told them to get mad or not.
Is that like a hive mind tactic that the anti SJW's accused the left of doing? I just find that so sad. It's literally don't think just do.

Sabres21768

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 20, 2024, 07:43:44 PMOh great.... Brokentusk420 is back to bless us with his painfully boring negativity again.
Seems like his temp ban ran out.  ::)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:50:00 PMAbsolutely not. It's trash. You can like it all you want. But it doesn't change the objective truth that it is a piss poor design. With or without CGI.

The people who like it just have severely low expectations. They will take anything. And honestly don't even know better.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 25, 2022, 05:22:33 AM
Quote from: brokentusk420 on Aug 25, 2022, 12:58:35 AMThe ratings mean absolutely nothing. Audiences have proven time and time again they will rate a terrible film high even though it's nothing of the sort. The movie is mid at best but the face design of the creature is pure trash. It's funny cause I bet all of you bashing Critcal Drinker haven't even watched the Prey review. He has as nny positive things to say as well as being brutally honest about the movies many short comings. You people just can't take the criticism or are incapable of understanding what he's talking about.

He spent most of the video complaining about Mary Sue characters and Hollywood tropes after he quickly brushes over that he made a bunch of false claims and that he was wrong about Prey for many months. He's not gospel. He makes good points about movies aoften often, but also falls down the anti-sjw hole very easily, which immediately kills a lot of arguments for myself, and I'm sure others. I don't need forced politics or tropes in my storytelling, and Prey didn't do that.

The film can actually be good to some people, and that doesn't mean you can't go online and say "people" are wrong about it. But doesn't mean you're right either. Audiences also made Alien and Predator the staples they are today, because the people liked them and thought they were good films. If all the people didn't like receive those movies as they are with Prey now, I'd say we wouldn't even be here today posting in these message boards. The movie was likely received well, because it was actually good. Something is working well with this movie that is clicking with audiences, which is bringing new life into Predator.

If audiences mindlessly consumed anything, why didn't The Predator in 2018 get the same reception as Prey?
Quote from: brokentusk420 on Aug 25, 2022, 12:58:35 AMThe ratings mean absolutely nothing. Audiences have proven time and time again they will rate a terrible film high even though it's nothing of the sort. The movie is mid at best but the face design of the creature is pure trash. It's funny cause I bet all of you bashing Critcal Drinker haven't even watched the Prey review. He has as nny positive things to say as well as being brutally honest about the movies many short comings. You people just can't take the criticism or are incapable of understanding what he's talking about.

He spent most of the video complaining about Mary Sue characters and Hollywood tropes after he quickly brushes over that he made a bunch of false claims and that he was wrong about Prey for many months. He's not gospel. He makes good points about movies aoften often, but also falls down the anti-sjw hole very easily, which immediately kills a lot of arguments for myself, and I'm sure others. I don't need forced politics or tropes in my storytelling, and Prey didn't do that.

The film can actually be good to some people, and that doesn't mean you can't go online and say "people" are wrong about it. But doesn't mean you're right either. Audiences also made Alien and Predator the staples they are today, because the people liked them and thought they were good films. If all the people didn't like receive those movies as they are with Prey now, I'd say we wouldn't even be here today posting in these message boards. The movie was likely received well, because it was actually good. Something is working well with this movie that is clicking with audiences, which is bringing new life into Predator.

If audiences mindlessly consumed anything, why didn't The Predator in 2018 get the same reception as Prey?
Quote from: SiL on Aug 25, 2022, 08:55:31 PM
Quote from: Master on Aug 25, 2022, 08:40:49 PMSee 30% movie is really low. I'd say 60% is much more accurate for regular viewer.
It's not a rating of the film, it's a percent of people who reviewed it positively. That's why audience score is higher - a greater number of audience members reviewed it positively.

But this is a purely binary look at positive vs negative. If you want to see what the average rating is, then you look at other sites like IMDb.

RT is fine, people just need to use it properly.

The movie is crap. The audience is dumb. Alien and Predator were made by competent people at the top of their respective games. The people making them now are hacks. Prey is incoherent feminist BS. The only thing they did right was not allowing it to carry the Predator name. It will be forgotten and never revered the way the original and only two movies in the series that matter. Critical Drinker hit all the nails on the head. Anyone saying otherwise is just coping with the fact they have zero taste in good cinema or at least lack the ability to recognize it.

It's ok to hate it with a passion. I'm not a fan of everything in this movie either, although I liked it overall.

The thing is, you can voice your opinion in a more constructive manner, or like a dickhead. You apparently made the latter your signature move.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:50:00 PMThe movie is crap. The audience is dumb. Alien and Predator were made by competent people at the top of their respective games. The people making them now are hacks. Prey is incoherent feminist BS. The only thing they did right was not allowing it to carry the Predator name. It will be forgotten and never revered the way the original and only two movies in the series that matter. Critical Drinker hit all the nails on the head. Anyone saying otherwise is just coping with the fact they have zero taste in good cinema or at least lack the ability to recognize it.

Kradan

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:50:00 PMThe movie is crap. The audience is dumb. Alien and Predator were made by competent people at the top of their respective games. The people making them now are hacks. Prey is incoherent feminist BS. The only thing they did right was not allowing it to carry the Predator name. It will be forgotten and never revered the way the original and only two movies in the series that matter. Critical Drinker hit all the nails on the head. Anyone saying otherwise is just coping with the fact they have zero taste in good cinema or at least lack the ability to recognize it.

Are you trolling here ?

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 21, 2024, 09:44:35 PM

Are you trolling here ?

God I wish.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 21, 2024, 09:44:35 PM

Are you trolling here ?
I seen his type before, no he is not. They are deadset on the belief that wokeism is when a person of color and/or is a woman, is the main character, so therefore it is bad. Everything else is just slush and wish wash weak justification of this idiotic mindset.

germanator2

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:50:00 PM
Quote from: brokentusk420 on Aug 25, 2022, 12:58:35 AMThe movie is mid at best but the face design of the creature is pure trash.

I actually disagree on all of this. I like the face design, the CGI is a little wonky, but I like that Feral is a different Predator than we've seen before and I really like the masked look. But the movie itself is great -- in a franchise with mostly functional filmmaking (original Predator excluded) Prey is exceptionally well made. It's lyrical and poetic, but also pulpy, gritty, and fun. You obviously didn't like it, nothing wrong with that, but there's lots of folks who did (both critics and fans alike).

Absolutely not. It's trash. You can like it all you want. But it doesn't change the objective truth that it is a piss poor design. With or without CGI.

The people who like it just have severely low expectations. They will take anything. And honestly don't even know better.

Quote from: Master on Aug 25, 2022, 08:40:49 PMSee 30% movie is really low. I'd say 60% is much more accurate for regular viewer.
It's not a rating of the film, it's a percent of people who reviewed it positively. That's why audience score is higher - a greater number of audience members reviewed it positively.

But this is a purely binary look at positive vs negative. If you want to see what the average rating is, then you look at other sites like IMDb.

Quote from: brokentusk420The movie is crap. The audience is dumb. Alien and Predator were made by competent people at the top of their respective games. The people making them now are hacks. Prey is incoherent feminist BS. The only thing they did right was not allowing it to carry the Predator name. It will be forgotten and never revered the way the original and only two movies in the series that matter. Critical Drinker hit all the nails on the head. Anyone saying otherwise is just coping with the fact they have zero taste in good cinema or at least lack the ability to recognize it.

I guess you'll be real upset to hear that both Jesse Ventura and Bill Duke gave their sign of approval and had nothing but praise for Amber Midthunder

Thatguy2068

It's just a movie. I get the Star Wars and other products are getting some bad content lately, but that doesn't mean you have to bash other peoples opinion to make yourself seem superior. like would you be upset if the new alien movie had a female protagonist, if you do, I find that so hypocritical because freaking Aliens 1986 did the exact same thing.

[cancerblack]

It's not even bashing other peoples opinions, it's bashing people by proxy, implying that they aren't worthy or relvanent enough to feature in these fictions we enjoy.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 22, 2024, 06:08:06 PMIt's not even bashing other peoples opinions, it's bashing people by proxy, implying that they aren't worthy or relvanent enough to feature in these fictions we enjoy.
That really shitty to do. Hopefully he gets out of this mindset.

SiL

SiL

Can people please fix the quote chain so I stop getting notified about this nonsense. :laugh:

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: SiL on Mar 22, 2024, 09:38:03 PMCan people please fix the quote chain so I stop getting notified about this nonsense. :laugh:

Agreed.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 22, 2024, 06:08:06 PMIt's not even bashing other peoples opinions, it's bashing people by proxy, implying that they aren't worthy or relvanent enough to feature in these fictions we enjoy.

Glad you get it. Cause your opinions suck and you aren't as smart as you think you are

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 22, 2024, 06:02:25 PMIt's just a movie. I get the Star Wars and other products are getting some bad content lately, but that doesn't mean you have to bash other peoples opinion to make yourself seem superior. like would you be upset if the new alien movie had a female protagonist, if you do, I find that so hypocritical because freaking Aliens 1986 did the exact same thing.

Has nothing to do with her being female and everything to do with her being a Mary Sue that got young fighting make killed over a stupid 21 century sentiment of women are equal to men in every way. They aren't. Women are better at things that we aren't as well. Prey sucks. Period.

Quote from: germanator2 on Mar 22, 2024, 05:23:12 PM
Quote from: brokentusk420 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:50:00 PM
Quote from: brokentusk420 on Aug 25, 2022, 12:58:35 AMThe movie is mid at best but the face design of the creature is pure trash.

I actually disagree on all of this. I like the face design, the CGI is a little wonky, but I like that Feral is a different Predator than we've seen before and I really like the masked look. But the movie itself is great -- in a franchise with mostly functional filmmaking (original Predator excluded) Prey is exceptionally well made. It's lyrical and poetic, but also pulpy, gritty, and fun. You obviously didn't like it, nothing wrong with that, but there's lots of folks who did (both critics and fans alike).

Absolutely not. It's trash. You can like it all you want. But it doesn't change the objective truth that it is a piss poor design. With or without CGI.

Quote from: brokentusk420The movie is crap. The audience is dumb. Alien and Predator were made by competent people at the top of their respective games. The people making them now are hacks. Prey is incoherent feminist BS. The only thing they did right was not allowing it to carry the Predator name. It will be forgotten and never revered the way the original and only two movies in the series that matter. Critical Drinker hit all the nails on the head. Anyone saying otherwise is just coping with the fact they have zero taste in good cinema or at least lack the ability to recognize it.

I guess you'll be real upset to hear that both Jesse Ventura and Bill Duke gave their sign of approval and had nothing but praise for Amber Midthunder

They are both old at this point and of course they would pander to the media or face backlash by the morons who love virtue signaling.

Thatguy2068

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Mar 23, 2024, 12:53:53 AM

Glad you get it. Cause your opinions suck and you aren't as smart as you think you are

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 22, 2024, 06:02:25 PMIt's just a movie. I get the Star Wars and other products are getting some bad content lately, but that doesn't mean you have to bash other peoples opinion to make yourself seem superior. like would you be upset if the new alien movie had a female protagonist, if you do, I find that so hypocritical because freaking Aliens 1986 did the exact same thing.

Has nothing to do with her being female and everything to do with her being a Mary Sue that got young fighting make killed over a stupid 21 century sentiment of women are equal to men in every way. They aren't. Women are better at things that we aren't as well. Prey sucks. Period.
What makes her a Mary Sue? Because she constantly gets her ass beat throughout the movie, yes, there are some spots where she women in combat it doesn't mean she's perfect at it. Another thing, being a dick is not gonna get you far in life. you constantly batch other peoples opinion and say they're dumb but they're just sharing their opinion on a movie that you dislike. There's no need for this aggression in your behavior. Cancerblack was only putting out what you were doing of saying his opinion sucks and he isn't as smart as he thinks he is. I could see the same thing about you too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed