How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 66,291 times)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 22, 2007, 01:48:47 AM
But why would she just leave her there like someone else said? The reason to me they don't show it is because the filmmakers wanted to hide what the alien did to her.

But I agree, interpretation is welcome in my court. Especially when it comes to the new Predalien lifecyle.

Well its because the death was ambiguous, but not because ridley scott actually intended it to be the result of some grissly reproductive attempt that would actually result in more aliens. Otherwise that film would have been almost all headbite deaths, if something different didn't happen.

Gates

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 22, 2007, 01:51:45 AM
[...] but not because ridley scott actually intended it to be the result of some grissly reproductive attempt that would actually result in more aliens.

We can but dream...

SM

SM

QuoteWe don't know what Ripley saw and so this is always going to be open to interpretation.

Only if one ignores common sense.  Ripley was ready to try and help Dallas and look how f**ked up he was.  Whatever happened to Lambert, Ripley knew she was dead otherwise she would've double checked before throwing the switches.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Gates on Nov 22, 2007, 01:53:10 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 22, 2007, 01:51:45 AM
[...] but not because ridley scott actually intended it to be the result of some grissly reproductive attempt that would actually result in more aliens.

We can but dream...

I know, especially by your signature you like to think of it as "rape" but like I've said before, I doubt it was a reproductive process that killed her. She may have been violated by the tail in some way which seems likely as you see it creeping up her leg in the film, but there is no evidence to suggest, she was impregnated. Aliens don't have dicks nor do they have semen in their tails which they can inject into people.

I wonder what the actress who played lambert would think, if she visited this message board and saw all the posts about the whole "tail rape" thing. lol.

SM

SM

Rape isn't about knocking someone up.

Ballzanya

Quote from: SM on Nov 22, 2007, 01:58:35 AM
Rape isn't about knocking someone up.

i know but, it also can't be literal sexual rape a la penis insertion into unwilling victim. It might be considered rape in a sense but not in a way that makes it possible to produce more aliens.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SM on Nov 22, 2007, 01:54:13 AM
Only if one ignores common sense.  Ripley was ready to try and help Dallas and look how f**ked up he was.  Whatever happened to Lambert, Ripley knew she was dead otherwise she would've double checked before throwing the switches.

Dallas didn't have massively bleeding injuries.

Lambert obviously looked like she was, at the very least, as good as dead. We just have no indication of just how extensive those injuries might have been. Ripley obviously caught sight of something horrific, but we're never shown what.

It's one of those things which has just enough ambiguity for people to still be debating it on a global computer network, almost thirty years after it was put on film. :)

Lambert could have been in the most horrendous physical state, but that doesn't necessarily equate to lacking a heartbeat.

Gates

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 22, 2007, 01:56:11 AM
I know, especially by your signature you like to think of it as "rape" but like I've said before, I doubt it was a reproductive process that killed her. She may have been violated by the tail in some way which seems likely as you see it creeping up her leg in the film, but there is no evidence to suggest, she was impregnated. Aliens don't have dicks nor do they have semen in their tails which they can inject into people.

Yeah you're right because of Jimbo's monumental fu<k up in Aliens...if we were to rewind back to '79 and take the Alien DC into account, all the bets are off...a sequel could of very easily explained that an alien tail-rapes a victim to induce the egg-morph...just as there is no evidence to suggest she was prego, there is no evidence to suggest that she was NOT prego... :)

But given the direction Aliens went, I will concede that all that is obviously eliminated...

Ballzanya

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 22, 2007, 02:04:30 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 22, 2007, 01:54:13 AM

Dallas didn't have massively bleeding injuries.

Lambert obviously looked like she was, at the very least, as good as dead. We just have no indication of just how extensive those injuries might have been. Ripley obviously caught sight of something horrific, but we're never shown what.

It's one of those things which has just enough ambiguity for people to still be debating it on a global computer network, almost thirty years after it was put on film. :)

Lambert could have been in the most horrendous physical state, but that doesn't necessarily equate to lacking a heartbeat.

so she would be close enough to being dead to not  be able to save anyway and get to the narcissus. There's no time to get sufficient medical attention to save a mutilated person dangling close to death. Hudson was most likely alive in his cocoon when the atmosphere processor exploded in Aliens, but it doesn't mean Ripley could have saved him.

SiL

Oh, come on.

We don't see Lambert because nothing they could show could be anywhere near as horrific as what we think she could look like. Dallas didn't even have a lower body and Ripley would've been more than willing to pull him out, and she was in the damned thing's lair! If there was an inkling of a chance Lambert was salvageable, we would'a seen it. But she wasn't.

To paraphrase Newt, she's dead, alright? Can we stop now?

SM

SM

'ken oath.  There are limits to fence sitting.

Ripley even says to Lambert (though it was ultimately cut) that the reason she wanted to proceed with Dallas' plan rather than abandoning the ship was the chance that Dallas could be alive.  If there was a chance to save Lambert - Ripley would've done it.

QuoteHudson was most likely alive in his cocoon when the atmosphere processor exploded in Aliens, but it doesn't mean Ripley could have saved him.

Hudson would've had a hugger about his bonce before Ripley got down to the sub level.

Ballzanya

Quote from: SiL on Nov 22, 2007, 02:14:05 AM
Oh, come on.

We don't see Lambert because nothing they could show could be anywhere near as horrific as what we think she could look like. Dallas didn't even have a lower body and Ripley would've been more than willing to pull him out, and she was in the damned thing's lair! If there was an inkling of a chance Lambert was salvageable, we would'a seen it. But she wasn't.

Indeed I concur that she is dead.

Ballzanya

Quote from: SM on Nov 22, 2007, 02:15:15 AM
'ken oath.  There are limits to fence sitting.

QuoteHudson was most likely alive in his cocoon when the atmosphere processor exploded in Aliens, but it doesn't mean Ripley could have saved him.

Hudson would've had a hugger about his bonce before Ripley got down to the sub level.

yeah, he was most likely infected with a chestburster while the colony blew up, but was technically alive, that's all I meant. And really saying lambert or hudson were alive is rather pointless as their fate was sealed and Ripley would be wasting her time trying to save either one. That was my point.

Gates

Quote from: SiL on Nov 22, 2007, 02:14:05 AM

Agreed...but even you have to admit that a tail-rape leading to egg-morphing would have been miles more creative than the Queen idea...

SiL

Or unknown horribly grotesque process we never ever ever learn about leading to egg morphing would be more horrifying than watching the single biggest spiked dildo up the ass of the Alien franchise barfing babies down people's throats.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed