How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"?

Started by Robotpo, Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Author
How is AVP-R "going back to the roots"? (Read 66,295 times)

Anomaly

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 21, 2007, 02:25:35 AM

It's concepts like that which take you one step closer towards an adventure through the psyche of one HR Giger.

Yes... ive seen his unfiltered work before.  Credit where credits due but...Ouch.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Anomaly on Nov 21, 2007, 02:26:27 AM
Id love to see some artist concept of this bad idea.  ;D

Please?

Either get a copy of the book, 'Giger's Alien' or simply watch the special edition of 'Alien'. :)

Even better, get the original Legacy Collection copy of the 'Alien' DVD and you'll see the original version of that situation, in the deleted scenes portion. It's actually a bit longer than what we eventually get to view in the 2003 issue of it.

Ballzanya

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 21, 2007, 02:13:30 AM
So that's what it does? I thought the person turned into a facehugger? So you're the egg for the hugger?

Yes. You're the yolk for the embryonic facehugger consuming you alive.

And you might even stay alive, in some sort of permanently vegetative state, until it finally hatches.

Imagine being that way for centuries or perhaps even longer... Unable to do anything but exist in agonised torment, knowing that your death will only come as the result of another being impregnated to endure a similar fate to yours.

That was always meant to have been the implied fate of the crew of the derelict.

And as SM says, you're just meat. But if you're alive, who knows how long you truly retain sentience for?

It's concepts like that which take you one step closer towards an adventure through the psyche of one HR Giger.

what? It was my understanding that once the egg-morphing process finished completely you'd be an egg. (Brett was around 75-80% finished and his head was dissolving, so its clear you can't be sentient without a head/brain and distinguishable form.)

You were under the impression that you'd stay alive with a facehugger in you until someone came near you and it hatched out of you?

superunknown

Giger = genius.  I say this as an art student in college.

That's all.

echobbase79

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 21, 2007, 02:13:30 AM
So that's what it does? I thought the person turned into a facehugger? So you're the egg for the hugger?

Yes. You're the yolk for the embryonic facehugger consuming you alive.

And you might even stay alive, in some sort of permanently vegetative state, until it finally hatches.

Imagine being that way for centuries or perhaps even longer... Unable to do anything but exist in agonised torment, knowing that your death will only come as the result of another being impregnated to endure a similar fate to yours.

That was always meant to have been the implied fate of the crew of the derelict.

And as SM says, you're just meat. But if you're alive, who knows how long you truly retain sentience for?

So really all those eggs on the Space Jockey ship are those creatures?

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Nov 21, 2007, 02:16:00 AM
It's fun for me to interact with people who have the same level of passion as I do, even if we totally disagree.
I'm glad you don't take it too much to heart, considering your position.

Far too many people here mistake 'spirited discussion' for more than it is, so it's good to know you're not offended when people say, "Chet puking in people's mouths is teh wurst idea evah!"  (Even if it is. ;) )

Anomaly

Quote from: superunknown on Nov 21, 2007, 02:29:52 AM
Giger = genius.

Thats ONE adjective...

He reminds me of Tim Burton. Talented but cant stay on rails.

Ballzanya

Quote from: Anomaly on Nov 21, 2007, 02:31:13 AM
Quote from: superunknown on Nov 21, 2007, 02:29:52 AM
Giger = genius.

Thats ONE adjective...

He reminds me of Tim Burton. Talented but cant stay on rails.

Well giger really walks that thin line between insanity and genius. Lots of his art is beyond f**ked up but retains some intrinsic beauty despite that fact.

Gates

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 02:29:16 AM
You were under the impression that you'd stay alive with a facehugger in you until someone came near you and it hatched out of you?

As Colin adamantly pointed out...it's open to interpretation, always has been...

Anomaly

Im surprised Giger didnt think up the regurgitation thing. Wow... hes slipping   :P

Ballzanya

Quote from: Gates on Nov 21, 2007, 02:33:47 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 21, 2007, 02:29:16 AM

As Colin adamantly pointed out...it's open to interpretation, always has been...

I suppose that's true in some regards. But you definitely see brett and the state he was in and consider that the process hadn't finished yet. So the natural progression would suggest, complete egg transformation and the dissolution of organic matter in his body as its transformed into material to construct the organic interior of the egg and produce the facehugger embryo within the "chemical soup" contained within.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Anomaly on Nov 21, 2007, 02:35:40 AM
Im surprised Giger didnt think up the regurgitation thing. Wow... hes slipping   :P

I think Giger would like the idea. He has a fascination with the mouth and inserting things inside it.

By thewolf79 at 2007-11-20

happypred

how is puking into the mouth any more ridiculous than turning a person into an egg  ::)

Isn't puking into their victims' mouths essentially what facehuggers do...for fu ck's sake, whine whine whine

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: echobbase79 on Nov 21, 2007, 02:40:48 AM
Quote from: Anomaly on Nov 21, 2007, 02:35:40 AM

I think Giger would like the idea. He has a fascination with the mouth and inserting things inside it.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1958/hrgigerbegoetterungxi2bi8.jpg
By thewolf79 at 2007-11-20

Looks like a ram-girl getting gang banged.  :-X

Ballzanya

Quote from: happypred on Nov 21, 2007, 02:40:56 AM
how is puking into the mouth any more ridiculous than turning a person into an egg  ::)

Isn't puking into their victims' mouths essentially what facehuggers do...for fu ck's sake, whine whine whine

Actually no it is not. Facehuggers insert a tube down the hosts throat and lay the embryo in the chest cavity where it attaches and grows like a sort of cancer. It changes the hosts dna in order to not be rejected, and it mistaken for just an extension of an organ of the host.
The facehugger keeps the host alive via filtering the elements needed to sustain the host and does not vomit as it doesn't have a discernable seperation of head and body and is a mere carrier of the chestburster embryo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed