Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,495 times)

Horhey

Horhey

The length of this thread is remarkable.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Miranasi on Dec 05, 2007, 12:04:43 AM
Humm after thinking for a few days i kinda believe i've figured out a way to make The new reproduction method more in line with "canon"... i'm also new to these forums so please be gentle on this noob ;D

Anybody remember how on Alien 1, the facehugger was helping Kane breathe? Being an alien species, how in hell did the facehugger "knew" of a humans need to breathe? To me this only makes sense if the facehugger continually "adapts" itself to the caracteristics of it's host.. and once this little idea was in place... what if the facehugger fully controls the DNA mixing for the chestburster? How come the chestburster manages to keep the most "useful" capabilities of it's host? In my mind the facehugger picks and chooses these capabilites among the hosts DNA, explaining why, in the presence of a more useful "reproduction method" it would definitely choose such a caracteristic for the chestburster... this also helps (in my mind) go over the problem of why human born aliens dont have penises  ::)  ;D sexual reproduction would be useless for them... obviously this idea raises a few more questions:

1 - What's the exact reproduction method of the predator? (must be definitely X-Rated)
2 - How come a tiny facehugger.. is able to choose the finest aspects of a DNA... or how come it can "understand" a Phenotype (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenotype)  by looking at it's genotype? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genotype)

I've already come up with an answer to number 2.. what's your guys take on this?

;D

why when new peole get here there posts are so long??? :D ;) ;D
just jokin, good points there....

Miranasi

Miranasi

We're all huge geeks! Hurray! ;D

Horhey

Horhey

Feels good to be a geek.

Lance845

Lance845

Thsi is pretty easy to figure out. Lemme start by noteing some official facts.

Alien warriors(drone) are dumb animals. They do everything because the queen tells them to or because instict tells them to. Everything they do is to further the hive including dieing in mass to help protect it or eliminate a threat (aliens with the remote guns as example). The only intelligent drones ever were in resurection because they had human dna like ripley had acidic blood. The AVP1 aliens were smart because that movie made no sense at all. ignore everyting in that movie entirely.

Alien queens are smart. Alien queens tell the drones what to do and can create plans (hiding on the dropship?).

When there is no queen present when the face hugger leaves the egg the face hugger will lay a queen embryo. It takes longer to gestate but comes out as a yung queen ready to go.

When there is no queen present and there are already drones around a drone will begin a metamorphis into a queen (read alien vs predator: prey the novel).

Now for what i think happened.

The predalien in AVP-R was a premature queen. With the queen dead it was the "oldest" drone and so it began to change into a queen. It bossed the others around, it was bigger, and it has the start of a crest around its head and going back along its head.

The laying embryos directly into hosts is because it has not reached an egg laying stage. Its mass producing drones to get a hive started. Throughout the movie hive space keeps trying to get laid down. Then the pred shows up and the predalien comands the drones to book it to try to find new ground (there numbers are too small at the moment. She wants to get a hive started, not have it all destroyed before it can get going). The predalien was also much bigger then the others. I think this was less because it was a predalien and more because it was on its way to queendom. Given another week. she probably would have begun the formation of a egg chamber and had the drones bring hosts to her instead.

I.E. the life cycle has not changed. We just got to see a step in the life cycle that most people never do. A queen before it has fully developed just trying to get its hive off the ground. The fact that the predalien ended up being the premature queen is a matter of circumstance.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Lance845 on Apr 16, 2008, 11:41:05 PM
Thsi is pretty easy to figure out. Lemme start by noteing some official facts.

Alien warriors(drone) are dumb animals.
And at this point nobody reads the rest of your post. I sure didn't.

Lance845

Lance845

Then you missed out on an answer that makes sense. Why not take a minute to read. It all made sense to me after 5 seconds when I saw the movie back on opening day.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Lance845 on Apr 16, 2008, 11:50:39 PM
Then you missed out on an answer that makes sense. Why not take a minute to read. It all made sense to me after 5 seconds when I saw the movie back on opening day.
Because when you start with that sentence, you obviously don't know what you're talking about and haven't been paying enough attention to the movies.

Lance845

Lance845

watch the movies and read the cannon. The drones are pure instict. They do what the queen tells them. She says run at chain guns and die they do that. They hide in dark places. they grab bodies and cacoon them. Why did the drone in Alien cacoon dallas? Cause its instinct is to do so. There were no eggs for it to use. But it dosent pay attention to that. Predators have no toruble killing drones because they are just animals.

Maybe you havent. The only smart drones ever were the resurection drones (which were not real aliens) and the avp 1 drones, which were part of a movie where the drones bit the queen to set her free and the predator couldnt close its mouth all the way. Also where a elder predator gave a human pred tech. The only movies were the aliens (besides the queen) are smart are movies that dont have real aliens in it.

Richman678

Richman678

wow i didn't know this thread existed.

yeah the new reproduction method is completly stupid, and makes the franchises look stupid.

The makers of AVP:R should actually watch the original movies next time. However, I hope they dont get a next time.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Lance845 on Apr 16, 2008, 11:54:00 PM
watch the movies and read the cannon.
The movies are the canon.

QuoteThey do what the queen tells them.
The only time we've seen a Queen have command over Aliens was when she told them to back off in the nest. That's like saying I control all children under the age of 12 because you see me telling them to do something once and they do it. Bravo, your logic fails.

QuoteShe says run at chain guns and die they do that.
You do realise humans do just this, right? It's a tactic. It's no measure of stupidity.

QuoteWhy did the drone in Alien cacoon dallas? Cause its instinct is to do so.
It was turning him into an egg. Further proof I don't need to read your first post because you don't know what you're talking about.

QuotePredators have no toruble killing drones because they are just animals.
What about -- Oh, wait. I lied. I did read one sentence of your original post other than the two I quoted. Ignore AvP.

Ya-huh.

Lance845

Lance845

if you dont like that "fact" then just read the theory.

Now for what i think happened.

The predalien in AVP-R was a premature queen. With the queen dead it was the "oldest" drone and so it began to change into a queen. It bossed the others around, it was bigger, and it has the start of a crest around its head and going back along its head.

The laying embryos directly into hosts is because it has not reached an egg laying stage. Its mass producing drones to get a hive started. Throughout the movie hive space keeps trying to get laid down. Then the pred shows up and the predalien comands the drones to book it to try to find new ground (there numbers are too small at the moment. She wants to get a hive started, not have it all destroyed before it can get going). The predalien was also much bigger then the others. I think this was less because it was a predalien and more because it was on its way to queendom. Given another week. she probably would have begun the formation of a egg chamber and had the drones bring hosts to her instead.

SM

SM

QuoteAlien warriors(drone) are dumb animals.

How to get your post ignored in one easy step.

Quotewatch the movies and read the cannon.

We have.

A teensy bit more than you from the look of it.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Lance845 on Apr 16, 2008, 11:58:22 PM
The predalien in AVP-R was a premature queen. With the queen dead it was the "oldest" drone and so it began to change into a queen.
Which we know shouldn't happen because, in the absence of a Queen, Aliens transform hosts into eggs. That's what the Alien was doing to Dallas.

Sorry, I think I shot your theory.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Aliens are smart. Maybe instinct helps, but they are smart.
The only time they seemed... random... was when there was a huge hive. At that point, they were dominated by a queen of some sort. They still were smart, but tactically, not individually.

In AVP-R, an alien jumps in front of Chet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed