Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,450 times)

Xhan

Xhan

wow pics o dead peoples just like umm verheiden, sebastian?

How bout this.

Post pics of the Pillars raised out in the beginning with goo from the floor all over them.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 13, 2007, 03:52:57 AM
wow pics o dead peoples just like umm verheiden, sebastian?

Mummified within a few hours maximum?  Quite a feat.

Xhan

Xhan

Mummified as dragged down and killed elsewhere a rather long time ago.

Oh Lookie, ROUNDISH AND CLEAN instead of squareish and covered in hive yummies..

A CONUNDRUM IT IS.

Oh wait, it isn't.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 13, 2007, 03:57:02 AM
Mummified as dragged down and killed elsewhere.

Oh Lookie, ROUNDISH AND CLEAN instead of squareish and covered in hive yummies..

A CONUNDRUM IT IS.

Oh wait, it isn't.

That pic is before the sacrificial chamber has been changed into the hive. Hence no "hive yummies" yet. Why can't you see that it is clearly the sacrificial chamber and not a different one. The alters and mummified corpses are right there!

Plus it makes sense. The Aliens were born there, so it only makes sense that they start to build their hive there.

Xhan

Xhan

So now the Aliens can teleport and time travel AND spray gazllions of tons of hive crap around in 20-30 minutes?

k.

While you're explaining that, also explain how the mouth of cave style entrance (without alien goo to round it off) is transformed into a gated door and vice versa, particularly in light of the fact that the sac chamber doesn't reconfigure on the anterior side after it locks down. I knew the pyramid could move around, but the ability to change shape... no wonder Preds/Mayans own the universe. They can terraform solid matter on the fly. Their penises must be HUGE.

That Yellow Alien

I just looked at the script, and the scene heading is labeled "Sacrificial Chamber."

INT. PYRAMID - SACRIFICIAL CHAMBER
Scar hears the Queen's blood-curdling SCREAM as it echoes through the entire pyramid.
LEX
What was that?

Lex witnesses a first -- a scared Predator

Like many have already attested to for years, Anderson f**ked up. When I saw the film in theaters, I remember thinking "How could the Aliens build a hive that fast?"

There is no explanation, Anderson sped everything up to suit his lame script.

SiL

SiL

Man, what are you on about?

The room Lex and Scar enter is exactly the same room as the people got facehugged initially - the sacrificial chamber. You can see the equipment left by the team around the hive - In the very picture you posted, Xhan! - which, if you bother checking, will match the same equipment the people left in that room before the shit hit the fan.

We don't know what the hive crap is, nor do we know how it's made, so it's impossible to say how long the process is, especially since beforehand we were never given an indicator in the previous movies. On top of that, it's not like they hived up a particularly large area; a single chamber, and a part of the adjoining corridor.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: SiL on Nov 13, 2007, 04:16:25 AM
Man, what are you on about?

The room Lex and Scar enter is exactly the same room as the people got facehugged initially - the sacrificial chamber. You can see the equipment left by the team around the hive - In the very picture you posted, Xhan! - which, if you bother checking, will match the same equipment the people left in that room before the shit hit the fan.

We don't know what the hive crap is, nor do we know how it's made, so it's impossible to say how long the process is, especially since beforehand we were never given an indicator in the previous movies. On top of that, it's not like they hived up a particularly large area; a single chamber, and a part of the adjoining corridor.

Exactly, and who knows, maybe the Alien's resin continuously spreads once it has been applied, which would explain how the sacrificial chamber is covered in it so quickly.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Nov 13, 2007, 04:00:09 AM
Quote from: Xhan on Nov 13, 2007, 03:57:02 AM
Mummified as dragged down and killed elsewhere.

A CONUNDRUM IT IS.

Oh wait, it isn't.

That pic is before the sacrificial chamber has been changed into the hive. Hence no "hive yummies" yet. Why can't you see that it is clearly the sacrificial chamber and not a different one. The alters and mummified corpses are right there!

Plus it makes sense. The Aliens were born there, so it only makes sense that they start to build their hive there.

"hive yummies". lol.

But in response to that, those are newly layed eggs, the queen was secured in her chamber by the predators, so that the eggs most likely go down a conveyor belt type thing, and they end up in the sacrficial chamber. So there's no tendrils at the bottom etc. as no other aliens have got to them to move them near cocooned victims yet..etc.

Thanks by the way for posting a screen capture of the lamest character in the film.  ::)

SM

SM

QuoteI guess that faith is out the window on the next discussion then.

Dunno bout the next one.  Mebbe just this one.  I'd have to check the flick myself to be sure either way which isn't a thought I exactly relish...

Foundationman2

Foundationman2

The people were cocooned within an hour or so. They woke up that way.

That Yellow Alien

Well, seeing as how Anderson did that stupid 10 minute thing, it allows the audience to determine how much time has passed. From the time Miller is cocooned, the pyramid shifts once, so that is like 10-15 minutes. See, if Anderson had only left the pyramid shifting random instead of time based, things wouldn't have seemed so fast.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Of course, there's no reason to assume we see all the shifts.  There could easily be several/many off screen moves.

SM

SM

Doubt it.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

So do I, but there's no reason to discount it as an excuse.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed