Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 198,447 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 30, 2007, 02:34:22 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 30, 2007, 02:32:12 AM
This is not destroying what's in place...

If you don't like the molting then that's no adaptiblity

Alien 3 already established that Queens are born as Queens.
which doesn't mean that's the only way, read the rest not just the first and last sentances you'll get the point i made

Xhan

Xhan

It doesn't make them anymore adaptable, and the SOLE reason it exists seems to be because the Strause brothers believe somehow this some kind of 4chanesque retarded homage to the original movie. It isn't. And as to the above. I do believe that Cameron did exactly that, turned the Alien from an ALIEN to giant disposable space ant.

*Insert bong noises here*

"You know Ripley is like this super empowered figure of emerging feminiity, you know like totally girl power and stuff"

SSSSSSSF

"yeah, okay and?"

SSSSSSF

"Well, you know since I'm writing ALIEN II, we should like adress that, and stuff"

SSSSSSSF

"Like how, man?"

SSSSSSSF

"Well ummm like there should be like, a counterpart dude, you know like antitheseusueses.. antithethcheese..."

"antithesis?"

"YA MAN THAT THING Like totally antiRipley man, like a ... female ALIEN, that is like just as fierce and all bitchy and stuff. ya know like godzilla versus king kong."

SSSSSSSF

"So get this see, It'll be like a Queen ALIEN that rules all the other aliens and then Ripley'll be like NO WAY and then ummm... they fight and stuff."

SSSSSSSF

"James, you're a f**king genius"

"I know man, I know HEY QUIT BOGARTING THE BONG MAN"

That's pretty much what Aliens was. You can take any other creature and stick it the place of the Aliens and guess what, it works. The aliens have nothing to do with the movie. The movie is about motherhood and Viet Nam in space, and how much of Robert Heinlein can I plagiarize and not get caught.

And that's pretty much what we see here.

Every indication is that the Brothers simply threw in gratuitous refernces to earlier movies when they should have been working their asses off to come up an original scenario with original characters, that kept the defining basics intact instead of putting a penis on ripley and saying it's a totally new character with none of the hallmarks that made Ripley endearing in the first place and saying it's new and uncharted path for the story when every damn line of dialogue references a line of dialogue from the previous movies.

I'm sure just as Aliens did all the fanboys will eat it up, and I'm sure just as with Aliens the fans with loudest yells and biggest e-opinions will be those who yell about the cool guns and explosions and Hudson's awesome lines; the same fans who quite simply missed the point that the military (USA! USA! USA!) got its ass kicked.

It's hilarious to see all this talk of "expanding" the franchise and seeing all these awesome new things, while being completely oblivious to the fact that is THESE things which are killing the franchise and making it more and more stupid.

All you have to do is look around at other franchises and see the what happens when you lose sight of what made it awesome in the first place.

Star Trek, Star Wars, Marvel characters. It's righ in front of you.

You know why Marvel movies make so much at at a time when the comic character titles themelves are losing sales year after year?

Because they go back to the beginning. They keep to the bare essentials because they have to tell what could be ten years of story in 2 hours. and suprise, suprise they make craploads of money. and as we can clearly see from Spider-Man and X-Men III, when you start to f**k with makes the characters accessible in the first place with gimmicks and flash.... people lose interest. and you lose money.

I haven't heard a SINGLE plot element or line of dialogue that means ANYTHING in the greater scheme of either of these creatures. It's all flash and what looks cool. Dark Horse did that for years and have no where near the numbers they started out with to show for it.

Take the hint.

Major Alan Schaefer

I Think someone lost his gf to Cameron.... ::) or the Bros

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Best not to anger ZOD, I mean Xhan.

You will look silly.

SM

SM

:D Amen.

QuoteIf you don't like the molting then that's no adaptiblity and leaves the Aliens to basically just sit and wait for a slow death when the Queen is killed.

So what?  The eggs will endure and that's all that matters.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 30, 2007, 02:38:06 AM
Best not to anger ZOD, I mean Xhan.

You will look silly.
not angering just making the point i could tell it was biased from the second i looked at it, he'd disagree with anything they handed him
Quote from: SM on Oct 30, 2007, 02:40:21 AM
:D Amen.

QuoteIf you don't like the molting then that's no adaptiblity and leaves the Aliens to basically just sit and wait for a slow death when the Queen is killed.

So what?  The eggs will endure and that's all that matters.
if something was able to destroy the eggs then i think they'd finish off the eggs too or all the facehuggers already have host...and doesn't that downgrade the alien?
"We got an alien hive kill the Queen go home and party..."

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 30, 2007, 02:35:21 AM
which doesn't mean that's the only way, read the rest not just the first and last sentances you'll get the point i made

I did read it all.  Something else you said doesn't work either...

QuoteWe know that a full grown Queen lays egges we've never seen a young Queen free

So your stance would be that the young Queen on Acheron probably 'puked and molted'?

But:
Quoteonly Predalien is doing it...not every alien

If only a PredAlien can do it, it seems pretty restrictive and not particularly adaptive.

SM

SM

Quote...and doesn't that downgrade the alien?

Why?  They were all ready to take off and nuke the colony in Alens - didn't work out that way.  Adaptable doesn't have to mean - "Hmm, in a bit of a pickle here.  Let's completely changed our physiology so we can be all bad ass".  It can simply mean, they adapt their behaviour to any given situation. (ie. "Trying to run these guns out of ammo isn't working like it did downstairs - let's try something else").

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 30, 2007, 02:43:46 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 30, 2007, 02:35:21 AM

I did read it all.  Something else you said doesn't work either...

QuoteWe know that a full grown Queen lays egges we've never seen a young Queen free

So your stance would be that the young Queen on Acheron probably 'puked and molted'?

But:
Quoteonly Predalien is doing it...not every alien

If only a PredAlien can do it, it seems pretty restrictive and not particularly adaptive.
Predalien Queen is what i said later, adaptiblity on the Queen's part..and if i didn't that's what i meant and you know as i do Colin said the its a molting to a Queen, what i said it could be impled that only an alien molting into a Queen can do this.

Now the Acheron didn't molt...but we didn't get a chance to see it molt...i also said

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 30, 2007, 02:48:18 AM
and you know as i do Colin said the its a molting to a Queen, what i said it could be impled that only an alien molting into a Queen can do this.

Which, as stated, they don't do.  They're born as Queens.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SM on Oct 30, 2007, 02:47:46 AM
Quote...and doesn't that downgrade the alien?

Why?  They were all ready to take off and nuke the colony in Alens - didn't work out that way.  Adaptable doesn't have to mean - "Hmm, in a bit of a pickle here.  Let's completely changed our physiology so we can be all bad ass".  It can simply mean, they adapt their behaviour to any given situation. (ie. "Trying to run these guns out of ammo isn't working like it did downstairs - let's try something else").
so having the abilty to phiscally shed its layers "making it one tough son of a bitch" doesn't abliy here? it changed something like that through years of evolotion i bet it had devolped the ability overtime and now can use it when needed

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 30, 2007, 02:49:30 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 30, 2007, 02:48:18 AM
and you know as i do Colin said the its a molting to a Queen, what i said it could be impled that only an alien molting into a Queen can do this.

Which, as stated, they don't do.  They're born as Queens.

acording to one soruce, which didn't say,
"Because there born Queens means they can't become them any other way."

SM

SM

Quoteso having the abilty to phiscally shed its layers "making it one tough son of a bitch" doesn't abliy here?

And human bodies adapt to their environment over time too.

But if I barfed down the First Lady's throat, we'd be going to casualty at the hospital rather than the maternity ward.

Xhan

Xhan

I have no reason to disagree, if it works. If it makes the characters and setting better than it was before. Have you seen anything like that? I haven't.

How do me make the Predator umm like you know totally more bad ass.

DUDE. WE'll give him TWO PLASMACASTERS. You know like double the kickass.

SWEET. What else.... ummm uhh a whip. Like a Kohe Wand that'll chop through like.. everything. Even schools.

Okay what about the Aliens?

Umm uh... They breathe Fire?

No dude.

uhh Ice?

That's Mortal Kombat dude.

*Brothers watch the first movie*

DUDE. FACERAPE. DUDE

Oh hell yes. that rocks.

When I hear about something that hasn't been crafted by a 12 year old kid who just hit puberty and has come to the earth shattering realization that pro-wrestling might not be real all the time, I'll be first in line to sing its praises.

SM

SM

Hey what's that you're saying about pro wrestling  ???

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 30, 2007, 02:51:02 AM
acording to one soruce, which didn't say,
"Because there born Queens means they can't become them any other way."
So you're saying that any other time there was an Alien and no Queen, the Alien just forgot it could become a Queen at will?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed