Dark Horse Interview - New Comic

Started by Xenomorphine, Aug 23, 2014, 02:00:11 AM

Author
Dark Horse Interview - New Comic (Read 85,004 times)

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on Nov 13, 2014, 03:25:15 AM
Spoiler
The AvP #4 cover certainly leaves it open to interpretation just what the relationship is between Elden and the Predator. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the endgame is in Omega. I imagine that it will be Ahab and company stopping Elden from black gooing Earth.
[close]

Perhaps
Spoiler
Ahab or the other predator survives...for once, the predators don't all die, maybe eh...
[close]

Ultramorph

That would be a nice twist on how these stories usually end.

I have to assume...
Spoiler
that part of Omega will be LV-223 getting the old "nuke it from orbit" treatment.

I have to wonder how, or even if, Dark Horse plans on continuing with the Prometheus part of this universe.
[close]

RakaiThwei

Personally, I don't like the idea of the remaining Predator and Elden teaming up.. I mean it didn't make much sense considering the fact that Elden was blooded immediately after killing one Predator, causing another to mutate. Really, I don't mean to piss on everyone's Cheerio's here but... WHAT? Why would a Predator give an organism that is clearly a large threat that killed one of it's comrades, caused another to mutate the marking of a warrior? I mean in the context of what characters like Machiko and Alexa Woods did, receiving the blood mark makes sense but this just.. doesn't. At least for me it doesn't. And neither would a team up, unless this Predator is now some sort of "race traitor" out of self preservation.

As for the mutated Predator.. It seems to possess some range of intelligence. Enough to actually recognize weapons and their functions and applications. Now, I'm not exactly sure how the black slime works or if this is a "diluted" form of it but from what Prometheus showed us, the black goo turns the infected into visceral and bestial things.. Case in point Fifield. Now I'm sure the infected Predator probably is that but to recognize weapons and use them? Eeeeeehh.

SM

SM

Spoiler
The Predator doesn't know that the other Predator is mutating when it marks Elden.  Elden says it's smart enough to know when it's outmatched.  You want it to blindly try and take Elden on, knowing that he's had a hole blown in him, and been impaled on a spear and wrist blades and not batted an eyelid AND he's controlling the Aliens?

Makes more sense to pick your battles, than giving status to some prey who got lucky when an Alien walked onto a spear said prey was holding and the Alien forgot it had arms.
[close]

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Nov 13, 2014, 07:43:42 AM
Spoiler
You want it to blindly try and take Elden on, knowing that he's had a hole blown in him, and been impaled on a spear and wrist blades and not batted an eyelid AND he's controlling the Aliens?
[close]

Never said I wanted exactly what you presented as a scenario to happen, but still it just seems odd to me that a Hunter would mark a prey under those particular circumstances. It comes off as more like: "f**k it! I give up! Here's a marking, please don't kill me!"

As for them taking on prey known for controlling Aliens.. Hasn't stopped them from trying before. I haven't read all of the old EU material but I vaguely remember reading up somewhere that Eloise had some control of the Aliens and she was killing Predators and controlling the Xenomorphs, and they still were going after her but none succeeded but that didn't stop them.

Whatever the case, this Hunter has some options to weigh on here with Elden. I guess we'll see that in later issues..

Also anyone notice some parallels to Francis and Charles Bishop Weyland? Both are sick and dying from a terminal illness and are wanting some form of immortality. Of course you could apply the parallels to Francis and Peter too but.. whatever.

Spoiler
Makes more sense to pick your battles, than giving status to some prey who got lucky when an Alien walked onto a spear said prey was holding and the Alien forgot it had arms.
[close]

In defense of Alexa Woods, she did a little bit more than get lucky in that one scene. She had saved Scar's hide out of necessity when she blew that one Xenomorph's head off before evacuating that tunnel. But in some way, your point still stands..

As for Machiko.. well.. she's definitely got more merit than Alexa Wood considering that she had done more to earn that blood marking.

SM

SM

Scar not only allowed Lex to live, but also made weapons for her before she actually did anything to earn it.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 13, 2014, 08:23:24 AMNever said I wanted exactly what you presented as a scenario to happen, but still it just seems odd to me that a Hunter would mark a prey under those particular circumstances. It comes off as more like: "f**k it! I give up! Here's a marking, please don't kill me!"

Yup...that's how it came across to me. The Blooding mark is bestowed upon a predator novice shortly after he kills his first xenomorph. Blooding a mutant freak who has just slaughtered one of your buddies is...a bit odd.

I think it would've been more sensible to have the surviving predator attempt to toss Elden his dagger as a sign of respect and stop right there. This would be similar to Predator 2.

Keep in mind that the predator doesn't know whether Elden will turn on him as he tries to mark Elden. Imagine if Elden had, the predator would've looked like a retard. 

QuoteAs for them taking on prey known for controlling Aliens.. Hasn't stopped them from trying before.
Three World War has a whole "killer" predator clan with the ability to keep xenomorphs on leashes. That doesn't stop the classic clan from waging war against them.

Spoiler
[close]

I think the predators Blood whoever kills an alien. I mean, remember that these "teenage predators" are supposed to start with shoulder cannons. It takes very little skill to blow up aliens with a plasma caster (as evidenced by the hallway scene with Scar and the xenomorph pack led by Grid). Yet I'm pretty sure you would earn the mark regardless of how you kill a xeno

SM

SM

Low standards.

DarthJoker45

Dark Horse has released a preview for Aliens Issue 3. Spoilers are a given.

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/Previews/22-319?page=0

Ultramorph

Quote from: DarthJoker45 on Nov 14, 2014, 11:17:31 PM
Dark Horse has released a preview for Aliens Issue 3. Spoilers are a given.

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/Previews/22-319?page=0

Issue 3 is certainly looking interesting. I hope they continue to play with the weird elements like that.

Ariel Olivetti also released a teaser image from what I assume is AvP #4. It isn't too spoilery as far as plot, but don't look if you want to go in blind.

Spoiler

It looks like Elden can survive in the vacuum of space, so the usual tactic of blowing the baddie out of the airlock won't work on him. This definitely has me wondering just how, or if, he'll eventually meet his end.
[close]

RakaiThwei

Faster than a pissed off Xenomorph, more powerful than an adrenaline junkie Predator.. It's a bird, it's a plane.. It's Super Elden!

happypred

happypred

Super Elden is the new Machiko

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Nov 15, 2014, 02:56:58 AM
Super Elden is the new Machiko

I.. I don't even... You broke me!

Ultramorph

I do admit that my first thought was "We haven't seen such great EVA since Caryn Delacroix!" My second thought was "To infinity and beyond!"  :laugh:

RakaiThwei

Yeah Deadliest of the Species was.. weird.. It was like an LSD trip that involved Aliens and Predators.

Sure I like the old EU but.. that story I often forget about.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed