(FAUX) 'ALIEN Isolation' Bubblegum Cards.

Started by windebieste, Mar 30, 2016, 05:09:41 AM

Author
(FAUX) 'ALIEN Isolation' Bubblegum Cards. (Read 23,173 times)

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 19, 2016, 08:03:35 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Aug 18, 2016, 12:07:27 PM
Goddamm, Axel!  You coulda at least dropped that pistol when you were snatched by Stompy!  I coulda used that!  Sheesh... >:(

And lose some tension too early on?  :o God, I wish I had more time. There's so much I want to do that I just don't have the time for. I'm dying for another replay of this.

I'm going to give it another go at some point as well.  But I'll do it on a more badass heightened difficulty setting.

Corporal Hicks

I've done 2 playthroughs. One on Normal and one on Hard. I couldn't imagine it on Nightmare.  :laugh:

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 19, 2016, 09:08:12 AM
I've done 2 playthroughs. One on Normal and one on Hard. I couldn't imagine it on Nightmare.  :laugh:

I'm finding, as with most things in life, a heightened difficulty setting makes for a more rewarding experience.  The first time I played Aliens Colonial Marines, it was on the normal or easy setting, but then I lost my progress data just around the Raven moment and I abandoned the game.  I'm playing it again on soldier level and I'm finding it quite enjoyable.

windebieste

I've played this game through multiple times - that's something that I haven't done with many other games much over the recent years.  Playing through this game repeatedly gave me a false sense of familiarity.  There were some points in the game where I could rush through it - and then there were other stages where rushing through it just ended up getting my face chewed off. 

Draw No. 73

Numbers drawn: 75, 57, 13, 50, 24, 67.

Duplicate No.s(Frequency):  75(2), 57(3), 13(3), 50(4), 67(4).

Corresponding Cards:

Notes for this Draw:

This packet contains 5 duplicates and 1 unique item.  The last one, actually.    A close up of Stompy about to give someone a good lick.  ...and so it is this Draw this entire exercise suddenly comes to a close.  Wow... This was a lot of fun.  I'll do this again sometime.  Learned a few things for next time as well. 

Firstly, I think 100 cards was a good number.  Initiially, I thought it might be a bit much, but it turned out OK.  Secondly, I think 6 cards per 'packet' was ideal, too.  I certainly think that a limit of duplications helped - no more than 5 Draws per card.  I would implement that right from the start next time.  As for content, I think it worked out really well.  'ALIEN: Isolation' is such a well designed game, taking screenshots of anything in it can look great!

Thank you everyone for your patience as this did take me a lot longer than anticipated, especially considering I started making the cards this past Easter and then started posting them at random.  Let's see, it not only feels like months have passed - they actually have!

I won't be rushing into this again too soon, though.  Sadly.  I have a massive Project on my plate that will take me around 12 months of commitment that will prevent me from taking up another round of cards like this.  Dems da breaks.  All the same, totally worth doing and thanks for helping to keep driving it all forward.  As usual, this Community does not disappoint.

Kinda sad and happy at the same time.  Feels kinda weird - like a loss and a victory all at once.  Some days are like that, huh.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Didn't expect to be seeing it finish this soon! It was fun, I really enjoyed it. I think you took some fantastic screenshots and it worked really well, I think!

Perfect-Organism

Thanks for the fun Winde!   :)

I can't believe it's over. :'(

426Buddy

Yeah thanks Winde! I enjoyed the cards alot.

windebieste

Not a problem.  Appreciated. This was completely worth doing.  The hardest part was actually creating the cards in the first place.  Took me most of Easter to make 'em all.  After that, commitment to completion was important - had to put aside 15-20 minutes to draw, post the results and write a few notes.  Not hard, just needed to be around to do it all.  Anyway, now it's all history.  There's some great shots in there and lieu of any such 'ALIEN: Isolation' cards actually officially appearing, this was the next best thing. 

Next time I do this, I'll make sure to have images on the fronts and text on the backs of the cards; and post 'em side by side.  Probably next Easter's big commitment, I'd say. 

Just one last encore gag card from me, and we're finished.

Oh, and no.  I'm not making 2000 of these things.  I'd never draw them all out of the pool.  lol.   On the other hand, if someone else would like to make their own set of cards and repeat the exercise, there's a bunch of other games to use as screenshot material as well.

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

Strangely downhearted that this is now over lol.

Great fun though. I'm going to have a proper look through them all now that I have the complete set!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 19, 2016, 10:49:17 PM
Next time I do this, I'll make sure to have images on the fronts and text on the backs of the cards; and post 'em side by side.  Probably next Easter's big commitment, I'd say. 

Probably make it more hard work but could be a very interesting challenge for you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed