Campaign (+ Side Mission) Help

Started by predxeno, Mar 01, 2013, 10:05:59 PM

Author
Campaign (+ Side Mission) Help (Read 17,922 times)

ikarop

ikarop

A bunch of walktroughs can be found in this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/itouchpower/

zasz

zasz

Quote from: predxeno on Mar 04, 2013, 06:22:18 PM
What do you mean he has Predator and Flusher trophies?  I actually have no idea what those are. :-[

I meant the skulls on his trophy wall on the ship.

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 04, 2013, 07:22:49 PM
A bunch of walktroughs can be found in this channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/itouchpower/

Wish I knew a lot earlier... lol.

Birth_Machine

Birth_Machine

Since the YouTube walkthroughs haven't made it up to Mission 7 yet, I figured I would ask here...

Spoiler
I've reached the cutscene where the Predator primes the scout ship to explode in 50 seconds and have tried every conceivable path to escape. The navigation arrow is a sadistic bastard that guides me into a wall, while actually exiting the ship leads me to a cliff with no exit and 5 seconds to spare...then the bomb explodes in my face. Perhaps it's a glitch in the iPhone 5 version, or I'm just oblivious. Thanks in advance.

I love this game so far. I'm mildly disappointed my predator doesn't get to destroy that damn dropship and slaughter its pilots after being gunned down half a dozen times.
[close]

predxeno

predxeno

Spoiler
You need to pounce over the cliff, just hit B while moving.
[close]

Birth_Machine

Birth_Machine

That did the trick. Many thanks.

livin_target

livin_target

Anyone know how to do counters? I missed the tip after getting the upgrade at the store.

predxeno

predxeno

What are counters? ???

zasz

zasz

I think he means counterattacking. I didn't get a tip from the store either, and as far as I could figure out, you have to block just before the enemy's attack lands. I've pretty much given up on it anyway.

predxeno

predxeno

Well, I didn't see any tip when I bought the upgrades; I just assume you block right before the attack, that's how it is in most games.

zasz

zasz

Yeah, I've just never managed to get the timing right when I was trying to.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

If you're getting attacked by multiple enemies, it'll sometimes interrupt the counter animation and just go back into a regular block. Otherwise just block right before the enemy attack would hit, and your character will do a little "whirlwind" move that damages whatever just attacked you.

Edit-- also I'm having a lot of trouble getting past the dropship in the Predator level where it strafes the shit out of you. What's the trick?

zasz

zasz

Xenomorph-- http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=2704769&postcount=187

Personally for the second gate, I dashed back and forth between the left and front side of the tower.

predxeno

predxeno

Yes, the flares illuminate each of the hiding spots in that level.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I tried hiding inside a bunker illuminated by a green flare, and the Dropship's missiles blew the bunker apart and I got killed. I feel like I'm doing it wrong. :P

zasz

zasz

Sounds like you got spotted before you got into the bunker, either by the dropship or one of the spotlights.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed