"Predators" fan poster

Started by Keith, May 10, 2009, 11:52:43 AM

Author
"Predators" fan poster (Read 3,237 times)

Keith

Keith

Something I made while watching a baseball game:

War Wager

War Wager

Nice and simple.

Keith

Keith

Thanks. It's not "crowded" on purpose.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Its just a screenshot from the Predator trailer with different colorization.

No big deal, looks nice though.

Keith

Keith

I actually made it from this publicity still that I had and not a screen shot:

Here are some alternate versions:

I'll probably keep tinkering it. I have a few ideas.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteI actually made it from this publicity still that I had and not a screen shot
Yes you made it from this publicity still, which his a screenshot from the trailer. You can see the cloaked predator falling from the tree.

It originally was in the movie, but was cut because of continuity.

Awgustas

Awgustas

It's pretty cool. :)

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Great, but the coloring isn't that good. Idk, it's just missing something. Maybe you should make the eyes glow, and in a different color than the rest of the poster, for contrast.

Keith

Keith

Thanks for the suggestions. I know what you mean about the color. I realized a couple days ago that the background for a movie poster of this film genre is normally dark. I also wanted to get in a picture or two of an uncloaked Predator in the poster (to "sell" to the general public if this was an actual movie poster). Here are a couple of tweaks I've made. Let me know if this is going in a better direction than my previous attempts.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: Keith on May 17, 2009, 03:59:41 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I know what you mean about the color. I realized a couple days ago that the background for a movie poster of this film genre is normally dark. I also wanted to get in a picture or two of an uncloaked Predator in the poster (to "sell" to the general public if this was an actual movie poster). Here are a couple of tweaks I've made. Let me know if this is going in a better direction than my previous attempts.

The Top one is good, and the lower one is even better, but it would look way better if the Pred in the top one was in an attack pose.

Keith

Keith

Made a version with "motion blur" applied to the background:

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Great!  :)

Awgustas

Awgustas

Deadmeat expressed my feelings! :)

Oooodz

Oooodz

I like the first one, keeps your mind open to wtf is in that jungle behind and how many.

Works really well as a teaser poster. Keep up the good work :D

locusta

locusta

Quote from: Keith on May 10, 2009, 11:52:43 AM
Something I made while watching a baseball game:

First one is the best. Like it alot. Has some funky 70´s mood ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed