News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 566,486 times)

banecat

having read the 4chan spoilers how does everyone feel about the fact
Spoiler
that all the engineers on this planet are wiped out from an air strike courtesy of david?
really bums me out that this is their sole inclusion in this film
[close]

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: banecat on Jan 25, 2017, 01:36:01 PM
having read the 4chan spoilers how does everyone feel about the fact
Spoiler
that all the engineers on this planet are wiped out from an air strike courtesy of david?
really bums me out that this is their sole inclusion in this film
[close]

It may have changed during reshoots, remember the post I made back a few about dog tag pic?? The guy who I've spoken numerous times that have seen the first cut said that scene was not in screening so it could be possible got changed.

We need to find someone who has seen the current version at the recent screening.

banecat

i really hope it changes
Spoiler
i guess it would be too early to explain why the engineers wanted to kill us/original origins of the xeno/black goo etc, if they are planning another two films
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: DorkiDori on Jan 24, 2017, 10:35:15 PM
Well, Ive read the spoilers and most of them Ive forgotten. I refuse to reread the spoilers again... but I will say this

I am an artist and musician for a living. Seeing as the 4Chan spoilers were based on a screening back in Oct, I bet that by the time the film is released, quite a few things will change. When I start an idea for a song, for the most part, by the time the track is finalized... its gone thru a few hundred changes and will bear SOME resemblance to the initial idea or concept, but winds up being a finished product that is streamlined, listenable and is a completed piece.

Basically, from such an early screening and cut of the film... Im sure the cut we will all wind up seeing in the theaters will still have a FEW of the listed spoilers in it, but count on it being a very different product altogether!

There isn't going to be huge changes, most of those spoilers will still be exactly as they are now. If they were still doing major script rewrites at this stage then you've got a serious problem with the film. It's just polishing-up at this stage.

People who didn't like what they read might as well stop deluding themselves at this point.

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 25, 2017, 10:36:59 AM
Spoiler

Bechir's character gets acid in the face in a scene kind of reminiscent of Hicks getting splattered with acid blood.
[close]

Spoiler
Now we know what that head cast was for. All the speculation about him being a droid, engineer or getting a head-bite was wrong.
[close]

*Added spoiler tags. Hicks

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 25, 2017, 04:09:05 PM
Quote from: DorkiDori on Jan 24, 2017, 10:35:15 PM
Well, Ive read the spoilers and most of them Ive forgotten. I refuse to reread the spoilers again... but I will say this

I am an artist and musician for a living. Seeing as the 4Chan spoilers were based on a screening back in Oct, I bet that by the time the film is released, quite a few things will change. When I start an idea for a song, for the most part, by the time the track is finalized... its gone thru a few hundred changes and will bear SOME resemblance to the initial idea or concept, but winds up being a finished product that is streamlined, listenable and is a completed piece.

Basically, from such an early screening and cut of the film... Im sure the cut we will all wind up seeing in the theaters will still have a FEW of the listed spoilers in it, but count on it being a very different product altogether!

There isn't going to be huge changes, most of those spoilers will still be exactly as they are now. If they were still doing major script rewrites at this stage then you've got a serious problem with the film. It's just polishing-up at this stage.

People who didn't like what they read might as well stop deluding themselves at this point.

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 25, 2017, 10:36:59 AM
Spoiler

Bechir's character gets acid in the face in a scene kind of reminiscent of Hicks getting splattered with acid blood.
[close]

Spoiler
Now we know what that head cast was for. All the speculation about him being a droid, engineer or getting a head-bite was wrong.
[close]

Yep.

Master

Guys, your comments are not vouge enough and this is not the 4-chan spoiler thread. Try to be more cautious what you`re typing out of spoiler tag, not to ruin the fun to others.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

I agree I would never post out of tags, and your right this should go there, but I'm not allowed to delete and repost. Lol!!

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

Quote from: banecat on Jan 25, 2017, 02:57:41 AM
yeah, i loved the part about david and shaw starting a half human half synth family and vacationing in fiji
oh wait, you didn't want to know spoilers

oh yeah especially that tender moment where Ripley and the queen alien visit Tokyo and have a tea cermoney!!! then where the Deacon has a touge drift battle in his S13 Silvia against Keiichi Tetsuya in a Toyota AE86!! man, cant wait to see that ;)

Master

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 25, 2017, 04:46:29 PM
I agree I would never post out of tags, and your right this should go there, but I'm not allowed to delete and repost. Lol!!

There is Edit button, you know? I was more reffering to The Eighth Passenger, such behaviour is just rude.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Master on Jan 25, 2017, 05:01:47 PM

There is Edit button, you know? I was more reffering to The Eighth Passenger, such behaviour is just rude.

Oh.

echobbase79

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 24, 2017, 09:49:23 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 23, 2017, 06:13:59 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 23, 2017, 08:42:47 AM
Quote from: Anthony on Jan 22, 2017, 05:24:21 PM
Fox releases A Cure For Wellness in February, another R rated horror film. But Logan is also extremely likely.

I personally think it would be smart of Fox to release it with both of them.

I reckon both would be quite likely for a trailer for Covvie.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 21, 2017, 11:37:03 PM
Did this person enjoy the film?

I did ask him and his response...

Spoiler
    Yes......and no!

Overall, yes I did enjoy it. It has plenty of action, horror and suspense & tension but it focuses on that more than the characters, well, except David - he's the main focus of the movie.

It is very reminiscent of both Alien and Aliens and after David shows up it feels a bit more like the Prometheus sequel it's supposed to be. I did like it better than Prometheus, Alien3 & 4 but not as much as Alien or Aliens.

With the exception of Fassbender's Walter & David, (and McBride's Tennessee to some extent) I thought the characters were pretty forgettable. I felt Bechir & Crudup were wasted in the film for the most part. I also thought Waterston was pretty bland as Daniels - just didn't seem to have any charismatic presence in her role...maybe I'm just comparing her too much to Weaver though.

I'd probably rate it like a 7.5 out of 10... at least the cut I saw and I know there's still room for improvement by the time it's released!         
[close]

That's a good rating. Can't sniff at that.

Yeah, I looked at the rating and I'm pleased with that number. Also, @ Pvt. Himmel did you happen to ask him how long the version he saw ran? I'm curious about the running time. I'm thinking it will probably be the length of about two hours like Prometheus, but I just wanted to at least ask. Thanks. :)

Yeah he messaged back and said
Spoiler
   I'd say it was about 2 hours with no end credits.         
[close]

So I'm thinking the film will probably run around 110-120 minutes. I guess the film the didn't have credits yet either so you could tack on another 5-10 minutes there.

Thanks.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 25, 2017, 07:24:07 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Jan 24, 2017, 09:49:23 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 23, 2017, 06:13:59 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 23, 2017, 08:42:47 AM
Quote from: Anthony on Jan 22, 2017, 05:24:21 PM
Fox releases A Cure For Wellness in February, another R rated horror film. But Logan is also extremely likely.

I personally think it would be smart of Fox to release it with both of them.

I reckon both would be quite likely for a trailer for Covvie.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 21, 2017, 11:37:03 PM
Did this person enjoy the film?

I did ask him and his response...

Spoiler
    Yes......and no!

Overall, yes I did enjoy it. It has plenty of action, horror and suspense & tension but it focuses on that more than the characters, well, except David - he's the main focus of the movie.

It is very reminiscent of both Alien and Aliens and after David shows up it feels a bit more like the Prometheus sequel it's supposed to be. I did like it better than Prometheus, Alien3 & 4 but not as much as Alien or Aliens.

With the exception of Fassbender's Walter & David, (and McBride's Tennessee to some extent) I thought the characters were pretty forgettable. I felt Bechir & Crudup were wasted in the film for the most part. I also thought Waterston was pretty bland as Daniels - just didn't seem to have any charismatic presence in her role...maybe I'm just comparing her too much to Weaver though.

I'd probably rate it like a 7.5 out of 10... at least the cut I saw and I know there's still room for improvement by the time it's released!         
[close]

That's a good rating. Can't sniff at that.

Yeah, I looked at the rating and I'm pleased with that number. Also, @ Pvt. Himmel did you happen to ask him how long the version he saw ran? I'm curious about the running time. I'm thinking it will probably be the length of about two hours like Prometheus, but I just wanted to at least ask. Thanks. :)

Yeah he messaged back and said
Spoiler
   I'd say it was about 2 hours with no end credits.         
[close]

So I'm thinking the film will probably run around 110-120 minutes. I guess the film the didn't have credits yet either so you could tack on another 5-10 minutes there.

Thanks.

Anytime. 8)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Master on Jan 25, 2017, 05:01:47 PM

Master

Tried to be nice. Oh well... ::)

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Master on Jan 25, 2017, 10:03:53 PM
Tried to be nice. Oh well... ::)

I'm picking up what you're layin' down. 8th is a cool guy and a great board member, but I too am seeing people getting a bit sloppy with the spoilers outside of the 4chan thread (which I've been avoiding like the plague).

Luckily, I'm discovering a new skill I'm seeming to develop: when someone's post starts getting spoilery, my eyes reflexively glaze over and I quickly skip to the next post. Evolution in action!  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed