Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 140,536 times)

chris_bert

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 17, 2017, 06:01:40 PM
Quote from: Elder-wolf on Apr 17, 2017, 04:55:35 PM
I honestly think it's near impossible to completely make a species extinct that is advanced in some form of intelligence. There will always be a couple of hundred if not thousands  beyond the reach of extinction cause of where they live, where they are, they could be lightyears away, they could be housed in a very secure location, they could have emergency measures in place. But all these theories are just that, theories. What ridley decides ridley does. It is his idea that brought the alien to light in the first place. We are lucky to even have got a chance to see and witness these engineers.

This.

This is why I think that by the time of Aliens/Aliens, it's already too late for the Engineers themselves to wipe out humanity because we'd be spread across space and on other worlds.

They had their chance while humans were a planet bound Type-0 or Type-1 civilisation on the Kardashev scale.

But an interstellar Type-2 would be much more sturdy. Engineers are easily a Type-2.

The only ones wiped out are the ones on that planet but we will never know if they're truly extinct. Ridley doesn't have to explore them again if he doesn't want to, but as was said before, they can always come back in a comic or novel.

Prometheus shows us one Engineer on LV-223, but it turns out that in Fire and Stone as well as Life and Death, there were two more Engineers in stasis, and a third came from elsewhere on his own ship to LV-223 after being awakened due to a short scuffle between humans and Predators battling for his ship.

So I doubt this is the last we'll see of them in the franchise as a whole.

I'm okay with it being too late for the Engineers/Spacejockeys if that's where Riddles wants to take this but how about the very important question that was raised in the Prometheus film though? What was the reason the Engineers/Spacejockeys created mankind and what Dr. Shaw was asking in the Prometheus film: "what did we do to make you hate us/want to destroy use?" So if Riddles wants to bring the original alien back and we have another film like Alien, I'm all for it, but we're still waiting for what seemed like such a profound question to be answered. The answer can't be well we Engineers/Spacejockeys were just having a bad day then, so let's forget all about it, etc. Let's get Riddles' answer to this question in one of his later Alien, hide, scare, jump, gore films. I think it still needs to be answered. I think there was even an interview with Riddles before the release of Prometheus where he mentioned the Alien/xenomorph--the very thing we may be seeing in the Covenant and subsequent films--was done to death and he was planning to move on from it. I'm okay with going back to Alien-esque films as long as he answers the question he started in the Prometheus film and doesn't do it in some blase way like the Engineers/Spacejockeys were just having a bad day so excuse the attempt to wipe you humans out and pretend it didn't happen.

acidreign

The Engineers in Covenant are definitely meant to be Engineers and they will be extinct on the Paradise planet by the time the movie starts. That much is clear from what we know.

What is presumptuous is assuming we know whether or not there will be more Engineers (or at least remnants of their technology or civilization) in future Alien movies.

I personally don't see why there couldn't be. I certainly haven't seen any quotes from Ridley or John Logan saying that they're done with the Engineers after this movie.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: acidreign on Apr 17, 2017, 09:28:32 PM
The Engineers in Covenant are definitely meant to be Engineers and they will be extinct on the Paradise planet by the time the movie starts. That much is clear from what we know.

What is presumptuous is assuming we know whether or not there will be more Engineers (or at least remnants of their technology or civilization) in future Alien movies.

I personally don't see why there couldn't be. I certainly haven't seen any quotes from Ridley or John Logan saying that they're done with the Engineers after this movie.

Indeed, they're only wiped out on the planet that the Covenant crew finds them on.

I find it hard to believe that that an interstellar civilisation that seems to have mapped countless star systems is gonna get wiped out just like that.

By that logic, the Xenomorphs wiping out the colonists of Hadley's Hope wiped out humanity.

If Ridley's done with the Engineers and doesn't want to feature them again, then more power to him... but there's always gonna be one in stasis somewhere ready to awaken in a novel or a comic somewhere.  :P

Sorane

Sorane

I don't mind R. Scott getting rid of the Engineers, as long as he keeps doing prequels  ;D

Killing the Engineers now, doesn't mean that they are finished....

maybe , just maybe

the engineers civilization ( across all systems ) all suffered at the hands of their technology turning on them and rejected tech after the fact .

turning them into what we see .

although I believe paradise to just feature civilians .

ALSO maybe the sacrifice engineer was himself engineered for the purpose of seeding other worlds by who we are seeing on paradise .

Elder-wolf

I think the engineers wanted to wipe humanity out because of our destructive nature.. and the fact the dead engineer in prometheus was dead 2 thousand years it would give good indication that religion might have played a big part in it, the crucifixion of jesus, the romans, genghis khan, all that lead them to decide we were unfit for the life they gave us, also they might have been lead to believe we would eventually come looking for them and cause more destruction to them since we are a hostile race, to them anyway we seem to be. Since prometheus took place in 2093 i figure that 2 thousand year mark is a good reason why.. we were very war hungry and stoning people, taking over countries, we were not worthy of what they done for us.

Whos_Nick

another image from the Empire article

Ultramorph

It's good to have the xeno back!

BishopShouldGo

I really did think the deacon was the last xenomorph I'd ever see in a Ridley Scott directed movie.

rabidranger

Quote from: Elder-wolf on Apr 18, 2017, 01:33:31 AM
I think the engineers wanted to wipe humanity out because of our destructive nature.. and the fact the dead engineer in prometheus was dead 2 thousand years it would give good indication that religion might have played a big part in it, the crucifixion of jesus, the romans, genghis khan, all that lead them to decide we were unfit for the life they gave us, also they might have been lead to believe we would eventually come looking for them and cause more destruction to them since we are a hostile race, to them anyway we seem to be. Since prometheus took place in 2093 i figure that 2 thousand year mark is a good reason why.. we were very war hungry and stoning people, taking over countries, we were not worthy of what they done for us.

Didn't Scott allude to the death of Jesus as a catalyst for the Engineers' vendetta against humanity or am I imagining that? Maybe we got too big for our britches? After all, the inhabitants of "Paradise" still seem to revere the Engineer overlords. The evidence of that is all around.

fernandito

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Apr 18, 2017, 02:06:18 AM

our brand new human born alien...

Ingwar

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Apr 18, 2017, 02:06:18 AM

This CGI looks amazing! Much better than Xeno in the trailer. Cannot wait to see it on the big screen ;D

Stolen

This xeno is amazing.

SiL

It's a skinny AR Alien with a better head.

Whos_Nick

SiL

It is! :P And it's just interesting that many of the people who disliked the fleshy look in the last few films are suddenly fine with it here.

Personally I'm just happy they fixed the head.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed