brand new official pics!!!

Started by BonesawT101, Nov 23, 2011, 12:20:32 AM

Author
brand new official pics!!! (Read 154,874 times)

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Ya, not digging it either, it's too generic, it should be more rusty,  and it's too colorful, but maybe it'll be a matter of post-processing'n'shit. However Dariusz Wolski is not Darius Khondji...Let's see how it will look in a finished movie.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Engineer1 on Nov 23, 2011, 09:31:49 AM
Happened to Cameron with AVATAR whit the first teaser, it will happen here too.
But we know how it ended.
So you're saying this is going to be an overrated unoriginal uncreative piece of tripe, then. Great.

Despite the screens on the bridge not being 8-bit, they're actually closer to what Cobb and co would draw for their concept art back in the 70s than what made it to the screen.

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Nov 23, 2011, 09:34:00 AM
Ya, not digging it either, it's too generic, it should be more rusty,  and it's too colorful, but maybe it'll be a matter of post-processing'n'shit.
Why do we still expect grungy? It's not a tug, it's an exploratory vessel. You don't expect the inside of a cruise ship to look like the interior of a submarine.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

^ Good point, but I'm afraid it might be too colorful for my liking, and I don't want it to be a close relative of Star Trek 2009. I'm very happy with what Khondji did in Alien: Resurrection and his cinematography suited it perfectly (and actually was a lot better than what this movie ended up being), but then again I love his work in other movies regardless. However, Wolski also shot Dark City which had quite a unique visual style, so he might prove me wrong...

Engineer1

Engineer1

I was talking about expectations.
You have two great directors back on scifi projects after years.
Whatever they do you'll get the usual backlash because people always make their own movies before seeing the first image.
Taste has nothing to do with my comparaison.
If you don't like AVATAR well it's your problem.

Seriously people are going to bitch about the cinematography based on behind the scene et photoshoped promo shots?
And don't forget the fact that the sets are overlit for 3D purpose...
You guys deserve more credit than that no?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I don't get the negativity over the modernization of the bridge. Alien is over 30 years old. These types of quirks are normal in movie making, especially with prequels where the before is oddly more advance to the former. The white vs blue collar ship escape route is a perfect band-aid plot wise. Eventually the ships power will fail as will everything else and once the blood hits the walls it'll be all good. :)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Engineer1 on Nov 23, 2011, 09:57:44 AM
Whatever they do you'll get the usual backlash because people always make their own movies before seeing the first image.

Overrated or whatever i don't give a fly f**k about what you think.

Easy there, let's be civil. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I'll admit that this look a bit sleeker than I expected, but I don't really mind. I like the "Star Trek" look anyway. And as many people have already pointed out, it will probably be altered in post production. As it is now, it only looks okay.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: RidgeTop on Nov 23, 2011, 10:01:07 AM

Overrated or whatever i don't give a fly f**k about what you think.

Easy there, let's be civil. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Modified that before you posted ;)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Nov 23, 2011, 09:53:58 AM
^ Good point, but I'm afraid it might be too colorful for my liking,
In that regard I agree.

Has everything to do with it.

I saw the previews and was disappointed. I saw the movie, and lo and behold, my early concerns were proved right -- the movie was a complete let-down. Saying "Don't worry, people complained about this other movie as well, and look how it turned out" fails if the example you use is of a film people didn't like.

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

OMG! Fantastic 4 in ALIEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Lampeiro

Lampeiro

I loved everything except the space suits. Its like "Space Cop - Special Forces against Alien crime". But there's a reason to the design, I guess, since there will be a lot of action in this film, with running and jumping in the outside, as we saw in the leaked trailer... I would be hard to run wearing the heavy suits from the original Alien.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: SiL on Nov 23, 2011, 10:23:26 AM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on Nov 23, 2011, 09:53:58 AM
^ Good point, but I'm afraid it might be too colorful for my liking,
In that regard I agree.

Has everything to do with it.

I saw the previews and was disappointed. I saw the movie, and lo and behold, my early concerns were proved right -- the movie was a complete let-down. Saying "Don't worry, people complained about this other movie as well, and look how it turned out" fails if the example you use is of a film people didn't like.

Yep people hated it thats for sure...
The movie was a complete let down for YOU.
Probably because you were expecting a gritty hard R ALIENS redux and the movie was a family friendly pulp adventure scifi with an archetypal story. Pocahontas, dancing with wolves in Space, yeah sure that what the non literrate buch mostly said but me i tought more about John Carter and Lawrence of Arabia...
And even so it's not that original give this script to any other Hollywood hack and you get a really boring and probably poor visually movie. At least Cameron is a great storyteller, story and direction wise.
Whatever... You hate it.
Bad for you. Good for me.
To each his own.

Thats not the point i was making.

I've never said don't worry.
I said any project that has humongous expections is bound to disappoint, mostly those who have already a preconceived image of what the movie should be in their mind.
This is not your movie, whatever you want it to be, it's scott's you have to accept it as it is for now.
Then when you see it you can say "I" don"t like it and give your reasons.
Its what i call the KUBRICK effect, everybody expected his movies like they were the answer to life or the movies to end all movies. Then you see it and you're like "huh ok it's just a movie" then you start seeing it as it is and you like it or not.

aliennaire

aliennaire

It's great to see the official shots at last, in the first place!

I totally second those, who expressed the idea, that to gauge all the film by the random photos, torn out of context, wouldn't lead you anywhere - they are still separate pics of some scenes or rather the promotional shots. Moreover, the fact that Prometheus is set 30 years back before Alien in the Alien Universe doesn't indicate the fact that the Nostromo would be built after the scientific spaceship... Nostromo was a battered, often partly on the fritz industrial space tug, still good for its functioning...

However to tell the truth, giant head in that chamber looks less Giger-esque to me, than I was expecting it to look like... Its current design kind of hints the transitional stage between SJ's and human's aesthetic.

Btw, what is the structure in the right bottom corner of the shot? Looks like a CJ's chair or some elements of it, to me  :-\

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

I'm intrigued at the second chick with the Amelie/Irina Spalko hair.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: aliennaire on Nov 23, 2011, 11:21:35 AM
Btw, what is the structure in the right bottom corner of the shot? Looks like a CJ's chair or some elements of it, to me  :-\

The base of one the rooms pillar.
Or part of room entrance we've seen in previous pics.
Or maybe the chair, but i doubt it, as it has to be in the center of some room.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed