So is the Queen still alive?

Started by germanator2, Mar 25, 2024, 11:17:01 AM

Author
So is the Queen still alive? (Read 2,397 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Holding your breath doesn't help in a vacuum.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 25, 2024, 01:40:13 PMSo Chap surviving space would not make sense at all then ?

About as much sense as BC surviving outside the Narcissus at all. Or as much sense as the queen screaming in a vacuum.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Humans can survive in space about a few minutes give or take, Big Chap's exposure before being hit by the engines was within that timeframe.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 25, 2024, 01:43:53 PMHolding your breath doesn't help in a vacuum.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 25, 2024, 01:40:13 PMSo Chap surviving space would not make sense at all then ?

About as much sense as BC surviving outside the Narcissus at all. Or as much sense as the queen screaming in a vacuum.

But if Xenomorphs need to breathe, which they apparently do
Spoiler
Chap being salvaged alive in Romulus is bogus ?
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

You see them casually moving around the outside of Sevastapol whilst inside the station in Isolation, they do not appear much bothered, it is only brief but the Alien in Covenant also appears largely pretty unperturbed.

They might be able to vocalise, but not need to breathe necessarily, I do not really know honestly.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Anything that needs to breath as we understand it wouldnt be concsious for more than a few seconds.
Holding your breath doesnt matter.

QuoteIn the vacuum of space, gas exchange in the lungs continues but results in the removal of all gases, including oxygen, from the bloodstream. After 9 to 12 seconds, the deoxygenated blood reaches the brain, and it results in the loss of consciousness.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 25, 2024, 01:50:36 PMYou see them casually moving around the outside of Sevastapol whilst inside the station in Isolation, they do not appear much bothered, it is only brief but the Alien in Covenant also appears largely pretty unperturbed.

They might be able to vocalise, but not need to breathe necessarily, I do not really know honestly.

Yeah those are the parts that do break the immersion for me, I just try to figure it as only short term and they will die eventually.

Well you can see the breath of the Queen in some shots.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

If Chap can, the Queen could too, plus she didn't take a blowing reactor to the face.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Depending on how close Sulaco was to LV-426, she would have been pulled by the gravity as others here have said.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Its not nessecarily breathing though. Like Blue said could be using the air to vocalize. May need to expel gas from whatever acidic reactions their insane metabolism creates, maybe not need the actual air itself. We don't know for certain.

But yeah the queen would have died in re-entry.

BlueMarsalis79

Romulus will make this all a moot point.

Spoiler
Because
Spoiler
Big Chap
[close]
survived.
[close]

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Aliens really need to watch out for those darn airlocks... I think with movies and games, they have been sucked out at least 5 times.

Yeah I call bs on that. chances of
Spoiler
big chap being found in space is extremely unlikely and it be stupid for the movie as it just too coincidental and convenient for the plot
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 25, 2024, 12:55:53 PMYep. They had literally just arrived back on the ship.

Shouldn't we see planet's surface here then ? I assume airlock should be at the bottom of the ship

Hey, look:

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Dan O'Bannon imagined some very resilient insectoid creatures in They Bite/Omnivore script. I find it interesting;

Quote from: Alien ExplorationsThe creatures from They Bite would remain hidden from man through recorded history and emerging after 65,000, 000 at a modern day archaeological dig.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Mar 25, 2024, 02:02:36 PMRomulus will make this all a moot point.

Spoiler
Because
Spoiler
Big Chap
[close]
survived.
[close]

That's what I was thinking regarding the breathing question.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Queen is still floating in the space, waiting for the sequel ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed