I hate Fiefeld SO much.

Started by bobby brown, Aug 11, 2017, 10:57:21 AM

Author
I hate Fiefeld SO much. (Read 54,074 times)

SiL

SiL

If his enthusiasm gets the better of him, why did he run from a corpse? Why did he not enthusiastically approach this find of a century?

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 10, 2017, 05:46:18 AM
No responsible biologist with proper training would have done what Milburn did. 

I see. . . . ;)

SiL

SiL

Steve Irwin wouldn't have run scared from a corpse.

And was never dumb enough to think the animals he encountered were actually harmless.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: SiL on Dec 10, 2017, 07:47:57 AM
Steve Irwin wouldn't have run scared from a corpse.

And was never dumb enough to think the animals he encountered were actually harmless.

Ahh, but the point is, biologists have done dumb things that cost them their lives.

But I guess I can concede Steve Irwin was a poorly written character.

Oh wait......he was real........never mind..... ;)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Steve Irwin also new what a crocodile was very implicitly... He had decades of experience with snakes, spiders, and crocs to know their behavior well enough to be able to interact with them like he did. And he did get bit on several occasions. He also stressed time and again not to do what the f*ck he was doing, because he was the exception and not the rule.

Millburn and Fifield are just shittily written.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: SiL on Dec 10, 2017, 06:31:25 AM
If his enthusiasm gets the better of him, why did he run from a corpse? Why did he not enthusiastically approach this find of a century?

I don't know about you, but if I saw a pile of dead bodies I wouldn't run towards them with arms outstretched and singing hallelujah.

Nobody would do that, no matter who they are.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: OpenMaw on Dec 10, 2017, 08:03:56 AM
Steve Irwin also new what a crocodile was very implicitly... He had decades of experience with snakes, spiders, and crocs to know their behavior well enough to be able to interact with them like he did. And he did get bit on several occasions. He also stressed time and again not to do what the f*ck he was doing, because he was the exception and not the rule.

Millburn and Fifield are just shittily written.
Umm....Irwin dived into chest high water because he wanted to be filmed right next to a stingray for a documentary. No tether, no shield, no protection. It was an eight foot stingray he would know has a large jagged barb - six to eight inches, fatally deadly poisonous serrated dagger-like stinger.

With his "decades of experience" as you say, he would know a stingray can impale you over a hundred times in just a few seconds, which is what the cameraman described exactly what happened to Irwin. But he took no precautions and just dived in right next to it anyway. That is a real world "experienced" Integrative Biologist pulling a f*cking bonehead and fatal mistake.

You're making excuses for a real world biologist who did something just as stupid as Milburn. If you can't see that a writer is portraying a human behavior that is identical to real life human behavior, I question if you even know what shitty writing is, sorry no offense.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Dec 10, 2017, 07:27:50 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Dec 10, 2017, 05:46:18 AM
No responsible biologist with proper training would have done what Milburn did. 

I see. . . . ;)

https://media1.britannica.com/eb-media/53/98353-004-0C90672C.jpg

Irwin knows exactly what he was doing with that crocodile - he'd done it for years.  You can't say the same for Milburn and his first encounter with an unknown extraterrestrial life form.

As for his death, yeah.  Just like Milburn, that was stupidly disappointing, too.  Such a great talent, needlessly lot.  Can't say the same for Milburn in that sense.

Like I said, no responsible biologist with proper training would do that.  What it boils down to is there is nothing admirable about Milburn.  He's a fool who just wants to interact with a space snake without any observation, study or training. 

How much observation, study and training did Irwin have of crocodiles?  Coz that's not his first encounter with one right there.

-Windebieste.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 10, 2017, 08:13:25 AM
I don't know about you, but if I saw a pile of dead bodies I wouldn't run towards them with arms outstretched and singing hallelujah.
But his enthusiasm is supposed to get the better of him. Can you please be consistent? ???

QuoteNobody would do that, no matter who they are.
Have you heard of archaeologists?

PierreVW

PierreVW

I don't understand the hate. Fiefeld was never important. Fiefeld was in 3 or 4 scenes and nothing more.

It's different from the Jar Jar Binks situation. Jar Jar Binks was very important in The Phamton Menace.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 10, 2017, 10:54:17 AM
Irwin knows exactly what he was doing with that crocodile - he'd done it for years. 
One word - Stingray.

You can't say the same for Milburn and his first encounter with an unknown extraterrestrial life form.

So......taking a stupid risk with a dangerous creature (stingray) you are familiar with is somehow more intelligent than taking a stupid risk with a creature (hammerpede) you're not familiar with? Allllrighty then.

Like I said, no responsible biologist with proper training would do that.
Except Steve Irwin. You can't exclude him from your declaration. Well.... you can, but I easily refute it.

He's a fool who just wants to interact with a space snake without any observation, study or training. 
Irwin was a fool who wanted to interact with an eight foot wide stingray with an eight inch poisonous serrated dagger-like barb without any tether or protection.

Coz that's not his first encounter with one right there.
Well, we know what his last encounter was: A biologist pulling a bonehead and fatal mistake.......just like Milburn.  ;D

Absolutely nothing wrong with you hating Fifield. But using the charge a real biologist wouldn't make a dumb and fatal mistake, really doesn't hold water. Irwin wasn't the only careless biologist who lost his life.

SiL

SiL

Steve Irwin wasn't a biologist.

And wouldn't have run from a pile of corpses.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

He also probably wouldn't have been on your list of experts to join the crew for mankind's first mission across space to potentially make contact with intelligent extraterrestrial life :laugh:

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 10, 2017, 09:06:16 PM
He also probably wouldn't have been on your list of experts to join the crew for mankind's first mission across space to potentially make contact with intelligent extraterrestrial life :laugh:

Well this isn't Star Trek.

Quote from: SiL on Dec 10, 2017, 11:55:51 AM
But his enthusiasm is supposed to get the better of him. Can you please be consistent? ???

No, because the character is written as much more complex than that.  I listed 2 times where he approached something clearly hostile in the film.  Doesn't mean he does it every single time.  That would make for a very cliche character.

Have you heard of archaeologists?

Yes I have, but they are not on alien worlds where they discover a pile of corpses and not know what killed them.  This isn't some ancient burial site or battlefield.  What killed them could still be present and therefore highly risky.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: SiL on Dec 10, 2017, 08:23:26 PM
Steve Irwin wasn't a biologist.

Well that doesn't bode well for Queenland's University at all. No sir, not at all. Apparently QU will allow any swinging dick to be an adjunct professor at their School of Integrative BIOLOGY. . . . according to you.

Quote from: SiL on Dec 10, 2017, 08:23:26 PM
And wouldn't have run from a pile of corpses.

I saw you posted that earlier and I didn't refute that point. So once again, I'm not refuting that......again. My counterpoint centers on the fact that real world biologists can and have pulled bonehead mistakes that cost them their lives.......just like Milburn.  ;D

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 10, 2017, 09:06:16 PM
He also probably wouldn't have been on your list of experts to join the crew for mankind's first mission across space to potentially make contact with intelligent extraterrestrial life
Certainly a possibility.

Just like it's certainly a possibility a real world manager would never pick the alcoholic Brett to be responsible for a 20 million ton of mineral ore, or certainly a possibly a real world sergeant would never pick the piss-poor attitude Hudson who thought his team was a chickenshit outfit, or certainly a possibility a corporate suit would never pick the simpleton Aaron, with an IQ of 85, to assist in the control of rapists and murderers.

We could play this game all the live long day.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed