The Reviews/Interviews Thread

Started by ikarop, Feb 11, 2013, 02:17:39 PM

Author
The Reviews/Interviews Thread (Read 144,060 times)

Syrath101

Syrath101

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Feb 12, 2013, 09:07:38 AM
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/12/aliens-colonial-marines-360ps3-review

4.5/10 from IGN UK :D

Here's their final verdict;

Aliens: Colonial Marines looks like Aliens, and sounds like Aliens, but unfortunately it just doesn't feel like Aliens. Instead, it feels indistinguishable from almost every shooter you've played in the past twenty years. There are some feelings of nostalgia to be enjoyed, but it soon wears off and all that is left is some bog standard run 'n' gun action that brings little of note to the FPS table. Aliens: Colonial Marines has definitely been crafted with a lot of love for the franchise, it just needed a little more polish and a lot more imagination.

WinterActual

JayHy17

JayHy17

ALL  NEGATIVE.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I'll be reading all of these reviews later, but here's Sessler's review, one of the few people whose opinion I value greatly, but I lol'd at him not saying the planet's name correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv5bt2h1M-E#ws

Sessler has convinced me to not even bother with getting this game as I planned to, used and cheap.

MichaelMyers

MichaelMyers

Quote from: JayHy17 on Feb 12, 2013, 10:00:41 AM
ALL  NEGATIVE.
With the exception of EGM that gave it a freaking 9. Halo 4 got a 7 from these people. Idk what the hell is going on over there.

But yeah this is turning ugly quick  :-\

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: MichaelMyers on Feb 12, 2013, 10:05:59 AM
Quote from: JayHy17 on Feb 12, 2013, 10:00:41 AM
ALL  NEGATIVE.
With the exception of EGM that gave it a freaking 9.

They must have gotten paid under the table, don't know why they would even give it a 9 judging by all we've seen.

Elicas

Elicas

My favourite so far?

"WHY: There is nothing redeeming about Aliens: Colonial Marines, unless you count the inevitable relief you might feel once it's over."

Awesome job Gearbox.

Kimo

Kimo

More or less finished the game, i would say its a solid 6/10, i think most of these game review critics are pissed because it had soo much potential to be something special. But what we got was a half arsed game with a few nice moments but over all its just another forgetful FPS. If you are a die hard Alien/Aliens fan then still give it a chance its not all bad... but if you are someone who cant really afford to be disappointed then go pick up Dead Space 3 and wait till this drops in price or rent it. It is at least a fun rental.

One thing that piss me off is GearBox going on about Canon and how this game is gunna be the ultamate Aliens game.... Well Randy Pitchford i hope this game dents your already inflated ego, because i dont know what planet you are on? cos this game is NOT the ultamate Aliens game its medicore at best. If you said, well we are making a Aliens game for Fox and we are gunna do our best to please the fans with what budget and time we have, then i may give you the benefit of the doubt for trying. But sorrry Randy you can't polish a turd.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

Holy cow, Gearbox f*cked it up  :o

Salt The Fries

I cancelled my preorder.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed