NECA Wolf confirmed?

Started by happypred, Nov 13, 2023, 10:52:10 AM

Author
NECA Wolf confirmed? (Read 4,154 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 17, 2023, 09:37:22 PMI wish we'd get a 4K release for AvPR with the brightness corrected to be what it was in theatres, every home release has been too dark.
Star on Disney + in Australia has a watchable version.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Nov 17, 2023, 09:56:28 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 17, 2023, 09:37:22 PMI wish we'd get a 4K release for AvPR with the brightness corrected to be what it was in theatres, every home release has been too dark.

You just said AvPR is watchable.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 17, 2023, 10:11:41 PM
Quote from: SiL on Nov 17, 2023, 09:56:28 PM

You just said AvPR is watchable.
I've softened on AvPR quite a bit over the years.

Is it a GOOD movie? Not really.

Does it have some good moments, good kills, good practical effects? Enough for me to not get bored when I watch it? Yeah.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 17, 2023, 10:11:41 PMYou just said AvPR is watchable.
In a very literal sense.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: SiL on Nov 18, 2023, 12:19:28 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 17, 2023, 10:11:41 PMYou just said AvPR is watchable.
In a very literal sense.
Yes i do like seeing the predalien fighting the predator just take a look in this photo
Spoiler
[close]

In all seriousness there was some good scenes in that movie even though it was very dark and I haven't seen it since I was 12. I need to watch it again to reevaluate my opinion

kwisatz

kwisatz

QuoteI need to watch it again to reevaluate my opinion

You should also contact zak098 first.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: kwisatz on Nov 18, 2023, 01:19:59 AM
QuoteI need to watch it again to reevaluate my opinion

You should also contact zak098 first.
Don't worry man I have the DVD in my room, thanks for the suggestion.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SiL on Nov 18, 2023, 12:19:28 AM
In a very literal sense.
That's actually quite cool, I think it might be on US streaming on Hulu? I wonder if it has the same (visible) copy that you're talking about.

I'd genuinely buy a full-featured 4K release though. There are boutique labels like Shout Factory that take unloved movies and give them special treatment with a very high-quality presentation and lots of special features and the like. I'd buy a boutique release of AvPR with interviews and behind the scenes stuff and commentaries and the like, I think giving the movie that kind of attention would elevate the movie experience at least into the realm of "interesting" even if it's still not "good".

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 17, 2023, 09:37:22 PMI wish we'd get a 4K release for AvPR with the brightness corrected to be what it was in theatres

I always thought it looked brighter/not that dark when I watched it in the cinema December 2007

Is it confirmed fact that the home version is darker?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: happypred on Nov 18, 2023, 10:15:59 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 17, 2023, 09:37:22 PMI wish we'd get a 4K release for AvPR with the brightness corrected to be what it was in theatres

I always thought it looked brighter/not that dark when I watched it in the cinema December 2007

Is it confirmed fact that the home version is darker?
Definitely, there are a ton of reports from people that the home release is a lot darker than what played in theatres for some reason.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Was the same for me, theater and home. Too dark to see.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Cinema and Region 4 DVD are/were visible enough for me. Illicit copies of US DVD, much darker.

SiL

SiL

Region 4 DVD wasn't too bad but the Disney+ is remarkably better, without looking like they just brightened the image.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Even people on YouTube were able to make the movie brighter.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 16, 2023, 04:20:23 AM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 13, 2023, 06:33:51 PMa good Predalien

So not Chet then.

I really wish they'd have done some figures on the other iterations of the PredAlien (except AvP2s, I still dislike that beast) or some concept figures of the other designs for Requiem.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed