Lego Alien, or Lego Predator?

Started by thomasmariel33, Oct 31, 2023, 11:48:26 PM

Author
Lego Alien, or Lego Predator? (Read 3,138 times)

thomasmariel33

Should Lego manufacture Alien and Predator building sets?

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

If it aim for adult hell yes

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

If only.

Lego Derelict Pilot Chamber?

Lego Dropship and APC plus half a dozen other scenes from Aliens, Lego Leadworks with a pouring led play feature, the Betty from Resurrection and Cargo Lifter from Alien Covenant all come to mind.

Predator 2 spaceship, Predators Crucifixion camp.

SiL

SiL

Brett and Big Chap in the claw room with Jonesy...

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 01, 2023, 11:50:24 AMpics

Some great use of the Battle Droid arms in a few of those.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 01, 2023, 08:35:08 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Nov 01, 2023, 11:50:24 AMpics

Some great use of the Battle Droid arms in a few of those.
I love the Battle Droid chest burster.

SM

SM

They're never going to get on board an R-Rated property.

But they should 'cos it'd be f**king epic.

davewesker

davewesker

They should but doubt they will unfortunately

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SM on Nov 01, 2023, 10:37:48 PMThey're never going to get on board an R-Rated property.

Dune gets pretty close at times.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Nov 01, 2023, 10:37:48 PMThey're never going to get on board an R-Rated property.

I think Aliens has been marketed to kids for long enough that they might consider it.

SM

SM

The chestbursting, skinning, head biting, dismemberment is next level violence from other IPs they work with.  Somethings you can tone down - like when characters get shot in a Lego game they just explode into pieces then come back to life.  I think toning down certain bits of violence in Alien or Predator would dilute it a bit too much.

Not being able to play as Lego Vasquez blasting Lego Aliens still makes me sad though.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Nov 02, 2023, 05:38:17 AMThe chestbursting, skinning, head biting, dismemberment is next level violence from other IPs they work with.  Somethings you can tone down - like when characters get shot in a Lego game they just explode into pieces then come back to life.  I think toning down certain bits of violence in Alien or Predator would dilute it a bit too much.

Not being able to play as Lego Vasquez blasting Lego Aliens still makes me sad though.
I meant the sets, not the games.

But the games would be hilarious Lego-fied. Predator pulls someone's head off and ... they keep shooting the Predator.

Lego Kane explodes into pieces on the dining table, then indignantly watches the chest-burster run off.

Aliens kidnap people a lot.

SM

SM

Sets you could almost get away with.  A dropship with some marines and Alien minifigs is fairly harmless.

Until you get the child asking to watch the movies. "Mum what are the bald men doing to that lady?"

One way to do it would be one of those premium sets aimed at adults of the Nostromo or Prometheus.

SiL

SiL

That didn't stop Kenner running a popular line of toys.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Nov 03, 2023, 12:22:15 AMSets you could almost get away with.  A dropship with some marines and Alien minifigs is fairly harmless.

Until you get the child asking to watch the movies. "Mum what are the bald men doing to that lady?"

One way to do it would be one of those premium sets aimed at adults of the Nostromo or Prometheus.

I think the premium stuff would be the only way for it to go, possibly even online order only. That wouldn't necessarily limit it to spaceships though.

Quote from: SiL on Nov 03, 2023, 03:18:33 AMThat didn't stop Kenner running a popular line of toys.

Bingo.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed