Hot Toys Acquires License For Prey

Started by Mr.Turok, Jul 19, 2023, 03:57:52 AM

Author
Hot Toys Acquires License For Prey (Read 8,319 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 26, 2023, 11:21:33 AMI actually like that unmasked. Whatever tweaks they did, I actually like that more than the film's look.
I think they slimmed the upper and lower arches of teeth so they don't take up so much space in the mouth. The teeth don't look quite so chunky.

Hot Toys seems to adjust Alien designs for the worse but they always seem to make some neat adjustments to Predators.

Neila

Neila

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2023, 08:02:46 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 26, 2023, 11:21:33 AMI actually like that unmasked. Whatever tweaks they did, I actually like that more than the film's look.
I think they slimmed the upper and lower arches of teeth so they don't take up so much space in the mouth. The teeth don't look quite so chunky.

Hot Toys seems to adjust Alien designs for the worse but they always seem to make some neat adjustments to Predators.
All releases of hot toys from the alien universe were not well implemented
(neca did that much better) except HT Ripley was great.
Times have changed and the technical possibilities have also become much better.
It would be nice if Hot Toys would release more alien things with today's technology, especially the human characters would be interesting.
But for some time now the merchandise in the Predator sector has been going much better than in Alien. Even Neca doesn't come out with anything useful from Alien anymore, instead they waste their time making xenomorph variations of a dull shooting game like Fireteam Elite.

BlueMarsalis79

The Fireteam Elite Aliens are legitimately the best Aliens NECA has ever made though. Especially in their durability.

Neila

Neila

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 27, 2023, 11:18:02 AMThe Fireteam Elite Aliens are legitimately the best Aliens NECA has ever made though. Especially in their durability.

certainly, but it always depends on what you want to do with it and whether you prefer the characters to be accurate from a film or with a "fantasy" design.

There are very cool modified alien and predator figures and statues that don't appear in any of the films, but I generally don't buy them.
Especially in the Predator area there are some designs from fans that look even better than those in the last films. but no matter whether from fans, in comics or in games,
Personally, I always prefer film design.

SiL

SiL

So when you say "useful" you  mean "that specifically appeals to me"?

I'm not sure technical limitations affected the Hot Toys Aliens that much. Most issues were with the sculpt.

Neila

Neila

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2023, 12:59:17 PMSo when you say "useful" you  mean "that specifically appeals to me"?

I'm not sure technical limitations affected the Hot Toys Aliens that much. Most issues were with the sculpt.

I meant useful in the sense of "I would put it in the display case"
I collect the figures to display and
don't play with them.

That's right, the sculpting of the alien figures is usually the big problem and they often don't look good.
In contrast to the Predator, the aliens were often only seen in the shadows or dim light.
It didn't matter whether the alien actor wore sneakers during filming :)
hot toys never got the proportions or the look right.
Predator does, they all look pretty good (Feral doesn't look good either way, so it's not Hot Toys' fault)
The prime one aliens are awesome but unfortunately I can't afford them...

SiL

SiL

I never got their insistence with giving the Aliens really flat foreheads. Their Big Chap was a major disappointment.

But their Aliens Warrior was pretty good.

Neila

Neila

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2023, 09:06:00 AMI never got their insistence with giving the Aliens really flat foreheads. Their Big Chap was a major disappointment.

But their Aliens Warrior was pretty good.

The aliens warrior was visually quite ok. but the movement was crap and too inflexible.
In addition, many body parts fall off too quickly and do not hold properly

I also want to be able to position the figure so that it looks cool and not like a stiff robot.

I know Big Chap is often depicted in a more human pose, but movable alien figures should also offer the possibility of enough mobility

REYALS

BlueMarsalis79

Surprised that anyone can afford one of these in the current year.

SwineRider

Looks good but 380€ is a steep price in my opinion, considering Wolf 2.0 had a retail price of 280€ and comparing these two I don´t see any reason why this would cost this much more.

bulletproof2k

How could this kind of Predator see something in this mask?  :o

[cancerblack]

Same as all the near-future human mercenary designs with blank faceplates that are a dime a dozen lately, I guess.

BlueMarsalis79

But it is cool...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed