Hasbro/Kenner's Alien and Predator toy Thread

Started by TITANOSAUR, Jul 27, 2013, 04:14:37 AM

Author
Hasbro/Kenner's Alien and Predator toy Thread (Read 7,760 times)

Sexy Poot

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 08, 2013, 12:01:55 PM
Quote from: SM on Aug 08, 2013, 06:18:29 AM
It looks like the one from the AvP double pack.

...just blue.
That's exactly what it is - KB Toys got some pretty oddball repaints near the end of the Kenner toyline's run.

Having said that, one of the better KB repaints is the Scorpion Alien done up in all black with slight silver highlights, it's pretty slick.

The Scorpion Alien was the first Alien toy I ever got. Got him because it looked the most like a warrior than the rest. Dont know if its the repaint or not. i thinks its got goldish redish highlights.

Xenomrph

Sounds like the original to me.

TITANOSAUR

has anyone tried making Customs with these figures?

Xenomrph

THREAD NECROMANCY.

I got a mint on card Hicks in the mail today from eBay, for a not-ridiculous price.

I had a Hicks but mine was the KBToys repaint that came with the King Alien (I think?). It's nice to finally have a proper OG Hicks.

Also lol that his bio card says Acheron is his home planet, and he thinks the M41 is the smart gun. I like that they legit used a picture of Michael Biehn though, he's the only character that used an unmodified picture of the actor.

Xenomrph

I also grabbed a MOC Drake, to replace my KB Toys repaint Drake that came with (I think?) the Arachnid Alien, he was my Christmas present to myself.

Wweyland

The figures are surprisingly cheap for unopened packages.

razeak

I bought a lot of these for my oldest son when he was 5 starting in 2013 when he got into Aliens. I get him 1 Kenner Alien or Predator each Christmas, and I will until I've bought it all. This year he got the Vasquez Night Cougar two pack unopened. Next year I'll do the Hudson.

He has the queen playset in box, the evac fighter in box, the stinger in box, tank in box, and power loader in box. They are all opened, but he took meticulous care of everything.

He has all of the Marines except Hudson and Omalley, and most of the aliens and some predators.

Xenomrph

I just bought a vintage 1979 Alien figure. You know, the huge one.

I never thought I'd see one in person, much less own one.

razeak

Jealous

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 16, 2024, 01:52:45 AMI just bought a vintage 1979 Alien figure. You know, the huge one.

Local comic store had one in the late 90's. I saved and saved and saved doing chores and paper routes etc and then the guy refused to sell it to a child rather than a Serious Collector.

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 19, 2024, 09:22:18 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 16, 2024, 01:52:45 AMI just bought a vintage 1979 Alien figure. You know, the huge one.

Local comic store had one in the late 90's. I saved and saved and saved doing chores and paper routes etc and then the guy refused to sell it to a child rather than a Serious Collector.

Like this?

Xenomrph

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 19, 2024, 09:22:18 PM

That's f**ked up, I'm sorry.

I'm still blown away that I got a chance to buy one. It was pricey, but it beat the eBay prices for some that were in worse condition than the one I bought.

I don't know why, but owning the action figure reminds me that I own the 1979 Alien board game, as well. I don't even remember where I got it.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/6689/alien

[cancerblack]

It has a picture of the big chap figure as part of the branding, no?

Xenomrph

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 20, 2024, 02:23:42 AMIt has a picture of the big chap figure as part of the branding, no?
What do you mean?

I've had alcohol tonight so I might be slow on the uptake, I apologize.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 20, 2024, 02:12:27 AMI don't know why, but owning the action figure reminds me that I own the 1979 Alien board game, as well.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 20, 2024, 02:23:42 AMIt has a picture of the big chap figure as part of the branding, no?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed