Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 97,250 times)

ChanceVance

ChanceVance

Quote from: burkewhimp on Sep 25, 2018, 12:08:43 PM
I have never seen so much hate as I have seen for the Predator. Every review, every comment I have read is like shit, terrible, crap. I loved it but it's upsetting I really thought we would finally get something everyone loved. I am writing from Australia and as I write this a preview for it just came on TV.

I take it you're not a Star Wars fan lol

The film does have some incredibly dumb moments but it's also pretty entertaining in places and I'm planning to see it again so in that regard mission accomplished from the movie.

The Old One

The Old One

I thought it was a fun cinema experience- especially because I'm a person that appreciate it in the first instance.
But I have no desire to see it another time.

brain_damage

brain_damage

Quote from: huntin8-t0n on Sep 22, 2018, 05:46:07 PM
No need to repeat myself anyhow, especially that opinion that is not praising is pretty much not welcome here.
Come now, we're all free to express the good, the bad, the sequel that is worse. Don't take it personally, if it isn't.

For the "bad" action-humor-badoneliners I blame M.Bay and his style of shooting films...or blowing up, for that matter. I grew up on the 80's and 90's movies where you had to think. Today's ain't dog turd sliding down the widow.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: brain_damage on Sep 25, 2018, 11:26:04 PM
Today's ain't dog turd sliding down the widow.

Just to play devils advocate, the kid who threw it did say she had it comin'.  ;)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Just came out of the second viewing, which actually improved my rating by half a point to a straight 7/10.

Much more forgiving this time and scrutinizing the DNA plot, it isn't as contradicting as it seemed, but not very clearly defined either.

Huntsman

Huntsman

7/10 is about the right score, IMO. I may see it a second time to confirm that thought.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

There is some continuity error, like the camper van arriving twice at the sports field.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Not really any different to Dutch and his boys suddenly pulling a whole load of Claymores out of nowhere when they suddenly decide to mine their position.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 26, 2018, 02:10:41 PM
Not really any different to Dutch and his boys suddenly pulling a whole load of Claymores out of nowhere when they suddenly decide to mine their position.
And that communication set of hawkins you mean? Most of them did carry some bags and satchels.

brain_damage

brain_damage

Yeah, 6.5-7 seems about right.
Lol the camper scene- missed that too!

Now it occurred to me, something did- whenever the Dreds are running, or starting to, they're so slow and clumsy- something I'd personally like to see CGI or video editing improve. It seems that th slow motion happens each time they move. That did always bother me.

Oh, and to jump in the convo again- in the end when they were opening the pod...Did anyone think it was going to be an egg or the black jello 'o' death instead of Predator killer?

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

It was human shaped for a reason, and that human can still come into play in a sequel.

It's not weaponizing humans that is the worst idea, it's the execution of making it look like Stark stole some tech.

bleau

bleau

Absolutely hated this one. Bad cgi, bad effects, cgi predator. Not much that I did like except the cast. The cast was great, did not like Olivia munn though. Hated her character actually. I hate to say this, but I think this is the final nail in the coffin for me on the Alien and Predator franchise. I have the older films to remember and enjoy but I'm getting into other things now. This shit sucked. It's been fun here, but it's time for me to move on.

brain_damage

brain_damage

True, it was a bit overkill. But I've spotted something seeing the movie in 4DX theater just a moment ago- the pod had a ruber/plastic cap at the end spelling "POD 3".,,perhaps there are more- we never saw that one eject...or other for that matter. Anyone having some thoughts on it?

I found it funny that the the Coyle/Baxley bromance had a finite moment together. Baxley on the tree with protruding branch, and Coyle laying beneath the tree with a hole in the stomach...a stick and a hole...get it? Made me giggle a bit more than it should.

The Old One

The Old One

Alien ≠ Predator

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: brain_damage on Sep 27, 2018, 10:30:50 PM
True, it was a bit overkill. But I've spotted something seeing the movie in 4DX theater just a moment ago- the pod had a ruber/plastic cap at the end spelling "POD 3".,,perhaps there are more- we never saw that one eject...or other for that matter. Anyone having some thoughts on it?

I found it funny that the the Coyle/Baxley bromance had a finite moment together. Baxley on the tree with protruding branch, and Coyle laying beneath the tree with a hole in the stomach...a stick and a hole...get it? Made me giggle a bit more than it should.
But why the hell should Predators label their pods in human writing?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed