Alien Prequel or Hadley's Hope?

Started by Friendly Wise, Jul 12, 2009, 12:19:29 AM

Author
Alien Prequel or Hadley's Hope? (Read 6,931 times)

Friendly Wise

Just wondering which would you guys favor most, a prequel for Alien or a prequel for Aliens? To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing a prequel for Aliens, just because I am real iffy on this Alien prequel thing. A storyline has yet to be produced, news has been very vague at best, and with Fox's current track record for good movies, I can't really say I'm all that happy about this movie being greenlighted for production. But with the latter part of my last comment, I guess a prequel for Aliens could be casted in the same light. Anyway, I just wanted to get your thoughts and opinions.

SiL

SiL

But ... there is a prequel to Aliens. It's called Alien ...

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I actually would rather have the Aliens prequel as well. 

Yeah it has a fixed outcome, but so is the Alien prequel.  Either the crew and the alien will be lost in space for the prequel, or it will happen so immediate to the Nostromo's departure that it won't hurt continuity (as in, the ship will be the reason the Stromo crew was sent out).

I like seeing humanity in bleak situations.  Hadley's hope would be pretty bleak.

Just insure me a hack like Mike Bay or Paul Anderson stays the hell away from it.

Munkeywrench

Id like to see a Hadleys Hope prequel I think it would be interesting to see happened between the discovery of the Derelict to the Arrival of the Sulaco

Highland

Highland

I'd rather they not try and make a round script fit into a square hole. There's no freedom for the writer. Just because everyones jumping on the prequel bandwagon, Alien has to have one? Stupid and won't work.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: SiL on Jul 12, 2009, 12:26:13 AM
But ... there is a prequel to Aliens. It's called Alien ...
Yeah, but there is more then half a century between the movies, enough space for future story's that doesn't include Ripley.

J-Syxx

J-Syxx

This is a terrible idea.  Why does everything have to spelled out for everyone?  Why can't some things be left to the imagination a bit?  You know not knowing exactly how everyone was killed at Hadley's Hope adds to Aliens and deletes nothing from it?

Private Hudson

I'd rather have an Aliens prequel which shows what the colonists went through at Hadley's Hope.

Quote from: J-Syxx on Jul 12, 2009, 03:33:41 AM
This is a terrible idea.  Why does everything have to spelled out for everyone?  Why can't some things be left to the imagination a bit?  You know not knowing exactly how everyone was killed at Hadley's Hope adds to Aliens and deletes nothing from it?

So instead of knowing what the colonists went through, you'd rather it tell all about the space jockeys and how the alien came to be, and throw ALL the imagination out of the window, leaving very little mystery to the franchise?

SiL

SiL

Cat shit, dog shit. Either way we're getting something that doesn't need explaining explained.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

True.

I just wanted to see the transition of a human colony from a human environ to an alien one.  Hadley's hope is the only mass scale infection in the standalone's.  I think there is potential in that storyline.

Not HH necessarily, just a similar situation.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 12, 2009, 04:56:13 AM
True.

I just wanted to see the transition of a human colony from a human environ to an alien one.  Hadley's hope is the only mass scale infection in the standalone's.  I think there is potential in that storyline.

Not HH necessarily, just a similar situation.

But thats actually happening off screen in aliens. now were trying to fit a prequel, in between movies, in between scenes.........? what next? Ripley's life story before alien?

talk about milking it.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: SiL on Jul 12, 2009, 04:49:33 AM
Cat shit, dog shit. Either way we're getting something that doesn't need explaining explained.

Haha well said.

J-Syxx

J-Syxx

QuoteSo instead of knowing what the colonists went through, you'd rather it tell all about the space jockeys and how the alien came to be, and throw ALL the imagination out of the window, leaving very little mystery to the franchise?
Did I say that?  And I don't recall them saying the prequel had to do those things.  It's just supposed to take place before Alien.  That's all.

Friendly Wise

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 12, 2009, 12:36:03 AM
I actually would rather have the Aliens prequel as well. 

Yeah it has a fixed outcome, but so is the Alien prequel.  Either the crew and the alien will be lost in space for the prequel, or it will happen so immediate to the Nostromo's departure that it won't hurt continuity (as in, the ship will be the reason the Stromo crew was sent out).

I like seeing humanity in bleak situations.  Hadley's hope would be pretty bleak.

Just insure me a hack like Mike Bay or Paul Anderson stays the hell away from it.

Yea, I have to agree. Even though your getting a fixed out come, there is enough room , story wise, to work with.

Private Hudson

Quote from: J-Syxx on Jul 12, 2009, 09:57:56 AM
QuoteSo instead of knowing what the colonists went through, you'd rather it tell all about the space jockeys and how the alien came to be, and throw ALL the imagination out of the window, leaving very little mystery to the franchise?
Did I say that?  And I don't recall them saying the prequel had to do those things.  It's just supposed to take place before Alien.  That's all.

If they don't use those for an Alien prequel, odds are we will get Alien all over again with just a new crew, or wanna be Colonial Marines trying to be just like the crew of the Sulaco.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed