Return of the Giger ALIEN?

Started by Jigsaw85, Jun 08, 2009, 07:16:01 AM

Should this movie bring back the original Alien design?

Yes
77 (83.7%)
No
15 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author
Return of the Giger ALIEN? (Read 20,530 times)

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

I think we all know that there is a HUGE difference between the Original ALIEN and all the others that came after it. So since this movie is a prequel to ALIEN, do you want the 8 foot tall biomechanical monstrosity or do you want the cannon fodder bugs?

Undeadite

Undeadite

Give me a monster, not an insect.

War Wager

War Wager

Silly question really. :-\

Übermensch

Übermensch

They said there's only going to be one alien so it can't be a cannon fodder bug.  This is good because we'll probably get a good design and they'll spend more budget focussing on creating the alien.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

C'mon, what kind of git would vote no?  :D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

This is the most single dumbest question I've ever read, no offense to Jigsaw85.

Highland

Highland

Quote from: DoomsdayApocalypse on Jun 08, 2009, 01:25:28 PM
They said there's only going to be one alien so it can't be a cannon fodder bug.  This is good because we'll probably get a good design and they'll spend more budget focussing on creating the alien.

Has this been confirmed? or just fan talk?

If so , I'm slightly disappointed, a single puts it away from an origin story and puts it back in the realms of a remake. 

We've already seen one alien wreak havoc on humans......twice, how much more can you do with it?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Apparently a lot more, otherwise they wouldn't be making this movie with a single alien.

War Wager

War Wager

The movies always work best with the one creature, it's how it always should have been. Theres no suspense, tension or mystery left when you've got loads.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

'Cannon fodder' is situational and a rather poor, extremely superficial phrase, in any case.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

anyone who voted no deserves a fine spanking.

stroggificated

stroggificated

How much money would Giger demand? I would pay him if i could. ;)

Quote from: War Wager on Jun 08, 2009, 05:46:44 PM
The movies always work best with the one creature, it's how it always should have been. Theres no suspense, tension or mystery left when you've got loads.
I got an idea. After the first alien is dead....>SCARE MOMENT<...the second shows up. That means there were two aliens all the time. =)

War Wager

War Wager

I got an idea. After the first alien is dead....>SCARE MOMENT<...the second shows up. That means there were two aliens all the time. =)
[/quote]

When the remake was rumoured I was expecting there to be a scene like that.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

2 people have voted no. It's just like I thought, some people perfer the bugs to the monster. So sad.

Byohzrd

Byohzrd

id love for the giger bug, and voted for it, BUT nothing will ever reach the same level as the original, so it probbably wont happen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed