What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 584,319 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Man, I wish every week was a 3 weekdays and a 4 day weekend.  :laugh: Tried a Taiwanese fried chicken place. f**king delicious.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Marvel finally publishing the missing chapters of Crusade in the upcoming omnibus!

Sol

Sol

Had KFC's new Beyond Meat Veggie Nuggets. VERY tasty. :)

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Sol on Jan 11, 2022, 06:52:04 PM
Had KFC's new Beyond Meat Veggie Nuggets. VERY tasty. :)

I'm going to try these this week  ;D  I like Morningstar's to make at home, but it'll be nice to have a fast food version for on the road.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So I JUST started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion for the first time (the original dub, not the newer Netflix dub I just learned about last minute).

And RIGHT AWAY at the OP I'm just like...

Because I've heard the song before in a World of Warships youtube video but never knew it came from NGE, and so right now I'm just like "I KNOW THAT SONG! I LOVE THIS SONG!"

:laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Then nothing happens for 20 episodes.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 15, 2022, 03:34:26 AM
Then nothing happens for 20 episodes.
Lots happens, set to a great soundtrack.

The long periods of nothing don't start until the last third of the series.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'll be honest, the pacing is not to my taste in general so the only time I've managed to sit through the whole thing was when I was on strong drugs after getting my wisdom teeth out, thus my memory of it is far from perfect.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I'm on episode 10 now and I've been really enjoying it so far, even having a blast at points, of the anime I've seen this one's pretty up there on the list so far.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 15, 2022, 05:51:43 AM
getting my wisdom teeth out

I know that feel, they actually let me off work for a week too since I wasn't allowed to hold my head down for blood flow reasons and my job had lots of that.

SiL

SiL

Episodes 7-14 are monster of the week filler, and then it goes nightmarish.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Yea from what I understand it's supposed to get darker at some point, sort of sounds comparable to something like Re:Zero season 1 where at some point in the middle it starts to really gets into psychological horror territory.

I'll see soon enough, I'm at 12 and plan on going all the way.

So I'm finished.

I read that some people find the ending confusing but I feel like I understood it, even empathized.

If we're talking about character that is, for the actual lore that might be another matter.

Spoiler
From what I can gather from what I've seen and heard in the show, and I'm probably butchering it, human instrumentality was triggered by them shadowy people who were going by the Dead Sea Scrolls and killing the angels not purely to save mankind in a conventional sense but as a requirement to trigger said instrumentality.
[close]

Despite the direction the show decides to turn towards in the later half I actually really like this show for what it is and it certainly rang a few bells for me, definitely in the top.

I guess it's time for the films Death and Rebirth and End of Evangelion.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Watch End of Evangelion first.  It's the proper ending for the original series.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

You can skip Death and Rebirth entirely. I did. First half of it is just a clip-show from the series, second half is a condensed version of the start of The End of Evangelion. Basically it's just a recap of the show.

Move directly onto The End of Evangelion, take some time to sit with it and process, and then watch the four Rebuild films.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 15, 2022, 04:00:13 PM
You can skip Death and Rebirth entirely. I did. First half of it is just a clip-show from the series, second half is a condensed version of the start of The End of Evangelion. Basically it's just a recap of the show.

Move directly onto The End of Evangelion, take some time to sit with it and process, and then watch the four Rebuild films.

Too late on Death and Rebirth, I learned the hard way, especially when I put The End of Evangalion on and was like "OH COME ON!"

As for The End of Evangelion, I may very well have to process it as of right now I have mixed feelings. Like on the one hand I like how the gaps are filled in more and Asuka got some more love, on the other hand I actually feel like Shinji regressed in the end, especially in contrast to episodes 25 and 26.

But perhaps there is more to process and learn overtime, after all I saw ALL OF THIS in one long go.

Edit: Yeah after watching the end again maybe not regress.

Spoiler
I just be caught off guard as to why the dude is choking Asuka and then she be like "How disgusting".

I think it might have to do with Shinji maybe in his own way getting a grip on reality.

And thier whole interaction in general being a part of a theme of joy and pain.

I may very well just sleep on this after that all nighter.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed