NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,212,693 times)

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Batman fighting the Predator was a really great idea anyways, so I chalk that up as a win for Predator fandom.

I do like how NECA has been throwing Terminator references in as well. Feels like you could go with the concept that Dutch was one of the templates for the T-800s. Ties up nicely and doesn't step in the toes of the Alien universe, because "different timelines." I think there was a crossover comic with the Terminator though, right? Not sure what the storyline was.

@misterskeezler on Instagram

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I think that cross over was Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator. I've never read it but I've seen it at my local before

Master

Master

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Apr 10, 2020, 05:14:46 PM
Batman fighting the Predator was a really great idea anyways, so I chalk that up as a win for Predator fandom.

I do like how NECA has been throwing Terminator references in as well. Feels like you could go with the concept that Dutch was one of the templates for the T-800s. Ties up nicely and doesn't step in the toes of the Alien universe, because "different timelines." I think there was a crossover comic with the Terminator though, right? Not sure what the storyline was.

@misterskeezler on Instagram

It was post Alien: Ressurection, with Ripley 8 fighting along side Predators against Alien based Terminators...

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

It's real bad, I'm a completionist EU apologist and even I'm telling you to steer clear.

Master

Master

I'd say give it a try. It's shit, no doubt, but one of a kind.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah it took  while to track down the 3rd issue but i had 1,2, and 4 since release.

...terrible comic.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 10, 2020, 08:49:59 PM
Yeah it took a while to track down the 3rd issue but i had 1,2, and 4 since release.

...terrible comic.

So why bother ?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Have scans of the NECA figure bios been collected in one place? It's been a while since I read them.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Anybody know if this applies to Alien as well or just Predator? I don't own that many Alien figures so I have no idea if they even have bios on the back.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 10, 2020, 11:32:43 PM
Have scans of the NECA figure bios been collected in one place? It's been a while since I read them.

You could google it and it's probably on Xenopedia. Maybe that's a thing we should do and put images of the cards on here with a written description because if these things are supposed to be canon that's lore material a lot of us would find interesting.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 10, 2020, 08:52:30 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 10, 2020, 08:49:59 PM
Yeah it took a while to track down the 3rd issue but i had 1,2, and 4 since release.

...terrible comic.

So why bother ?

I collect Alien comics, they are like pokemon for me, gotta have them all.

Also the cover art is pretty cool on a couple of the issues.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Apr 11, 2020, 12:07:45 AM
Anybody know if this applies to Alien as well or just Predator? I don't own that many Alien figures so I have no idea if they even have bios on the back.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 10, 2020, 11:32:43 PM

You could google it and it's probably on Xenopedia. Maybe that's a thing we should do and put images of the cards on here with a written description because if these things are supposed to be canon that's lore material a lot of us would find interesting.
None of the Alien figures have had "bios" other than recreating the little card you could clip out of the original toy packaging.

dHunter333

dHunter333

Is there a complete list of all of the Kenner Neca Predators? I think I have them all, I want to make sure...

The ones I have are
Lava Planet
Nightstorm
Hive Wars
Viper
Cracked Tusk
Green Renegade
Scavage
Brown Renegade
Ambush
Ghost
Stalker
Spiked Tail
Clan Leader
Lasershot

Is that all of them? As I understand it, they've done them all?

Kailem

Kailem

Here's the most recent visual guide to all their Predator figures:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Hope to see a female Hunting Grounds hunter added to the NECA mix!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 11, 2020, 01:38:52 PM
Hope to see a female Hunting Grounds hunter added to the NECA mix!
I'd be shocked if we didn't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed