Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 92,011 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I loved DS1 and 2. The third one I was disappointed in, the magic had vanished for me at the time. But DS2 man oh man, what an amazing game.

SiL

SiL

DS1 is three times the length of DS2 because you have to run through the same levels three times.

And that f**king asteroid section.

I like them both, and DS1 is a great, fun ride. But DS2 has everything I like about the original and more, so it's a win for me.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Yeah but I can beat the "best one" in like four to six hours.

My mastery of the loop makes it so I'm more inclined to just play the first.

Or the second and third back to back.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Trash Queen on Jun 09, 2021, 09:48:55 AM
... and?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I enjoyed Dead Space 2, but it didn't have me shitting myself in terror like the first did.

I played the first one several times. I'm not sure I ever went back for a second run of the sequel.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

That train action sequence though.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Jun 09, 2021, 10:22:24 AM
... and?

And? And I gave you the and:

My mastery of the loop makes it so I'm more inclined to just play the first.

Or the second and third back to back.

Hence I am more inclined to play the first one if I am in a Dead Space mood.

The 2nd's more of a carefully curated experience, and you can only go through that so many times, before the rollercoaster ride feels like... a rather linear ride rather than something with more routes to explore.

The 3rd's a weird mixture of each approach. 

SiL

SiL

I don't see why beating the game quickly on repeats is a bad thing though.

If it wasn't for some artificial roadblocks and forced repetition the first one wouldn't be that long either.

And that f**king asteroid section.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

:laugh:

It's weird, back when the first one originally came out, I beat it several times and don't recall ever having any trouble with that bit. Even got the trophy for passing it with only 50% damage or whatever it was.

Played it again more recently and f**k me sideways.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is for me, I'm barely into it, and then it's over, and that's on Zealot.

Stitch

Stitch

OK, so I'm 1/4 through DS1. It's exactly as I remember it. Hard mode is starting to get a little more complicated now, but so far my biggest problem has been running the wrong way on the gyroscope and getting squished.
Can't remember why I didn't finish it before. I think something else came along and it got passed by the wayside. I enjoyed it enough to pick up the sequels, anyway... Which I also haven't played yet.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Jun 09, 2021, 09:25:53 AM
I like them both, and DS1 is a great, fun ride. But DS2 has everything I like about the original and more, so it's a win for me.

Same.  DS2 FTW.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The first two are pretty close to me, I think the 2nds world building is better so I enjoy it more.  But like 8.5 vs 8.0.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 09, 2021, 12:27:51 PM
:laugh:

It's weird, back when the first one originally came out, I beat it several times and don't recall ever having any trouble with that bit. Even got the trophy for passing it with only 50% damage or whatever it was.

Played it again more recently and f**k me sideways.
There are two. The first one is easy, the second can go f**k itself.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

It's weird on old stuff.

I use to beat platformers all the time as a kid no problem.  Play a platformer today and it's crazy difficult in comparison to what it used to be.  Played Contra the other day on SNES and that shit was impossible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed