25 Minutes of Gameplay Footage

Started by Adam802, Mar 04, 2021, 05:01:48 PM

Author
25 Minutes of Gameplay Footage (Read 30,832 times)

PVTDukeMorrison

Looks like dumb fun to play with friends, I'll give it a whirl.

GreybackElder

Well what can I say? Looks like fun! Sure, this might not win best drama or most compelling storyline in a game but it seems like it will be a good time. I'm interested to see all of the enemy types. Looks like you don't want to f**k with the slow Michael Myers slasher like warrior Alien. He will speed walk your ass down and bite through your face lol. What else can I say? The atmosphere looks great, I just wonder if it will capture the tension of Aliens? My biggest concern is definitely replay-ability. What is going to make me come back once I finish this game?? Will I be able to level up my character, Weapons or abilities? I mean hell even predator hunting grounds had that. Regardless of its faults I will probably pick this up To live out my fantasy as a colonial marine on a space station over run by Aliens. Who's with me?

BasementSlob

BasementSlob

This looks like a gaem 4 UGH, VAPID JAWKS like HALO or DOOM (MORE LIKE DUMB).

Why not being made 4 the highly intilligent and intellectual ALIEN FANS who know the DEEPEST LORES and PHYLOSOPHICAL layers of sexual horror that lies  at thr heart of Rudley Scotts messterpeace of giant penis monster?

SuperiorIronman

I'm underwhelmed.

The Runner being everywhere and being the default enemy is ridiculous given it's inherently a specialized Xeno. It's fast and hard to shoot. That simple. The Warrior is also strangely just walking into gunfire, literally walking into it. I know I posted this the other day;

but that's literally what the Warrior did (but slowly) as it approached the marine and then started walking again.

Freaking bizarre lore implications and gameplay. Like I know I just don't get a lot of Alien lore but is this normal? They just stroll into bullets and swarm and occasionally swipe. Also did anyone else notice the runner doing that Palpatine spin as it's physics screwed up? I'm not saying it's gonna bomb but I'm just kind of baffled that World War Z is what was being worked on all this time.

EDIT: We still don't have a release date

The game comes out this summer but exactly when isn't clear. That's not a good sign.

SM

SM

Looks decent.

Lack of proper gun sound effects a downside though.  Part of what makes pulse rifles and smart guns so cool was the  sound effect and these just sound like bog standard sub-machine guns

And as I type this the IGN guys is saying how much they nailed the sound of the weapons...  :laugh:

Environment is uninspiring by this point.  And one section did remind me of Alien 3 The Gun.

Hunter-Killer

Seems like a haunted house romp with xenomorphs sticking their heads out waiting to get popped by a squad of marines spraying bullets perpetually. Not a bad looking game but not particularly enriching, especially compared to hunting grounds, avp 2 or 2010. Might be good for a fun night of drinking with the dudes and shouting at the TV but not much beyond that

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: BasementSlob on Mar 05, 2021, 01:25:00 AM
This looks like a gaem 4 UGH, VAPID JAWKS like HALO or DOOM (MORE LIKE DUMB).

Why not being made 4 the highly intilligent and intellectual ALIEN FANS who know the DEEPEST LORES and PHYLOSOPHICAL layers of sexual horror that lies  at thr heart of Rudley Scotts messterpeace of giant penis monster?

Yep

SM

SM

gaems shuld nt b 4 jawks but 4 philosophical penis monster messterpeaces

Grimtaur

Grimtaur

I like the look of it, will definitely get it. But I hope the Xeno's AI intelligence improves with higher difficulty. This was just mostly them blindly running into gunfire.

As for speed, they are slow in general. That pause before they do the attack animation really "bugs" me. It lacks fluidity and speed - I feel that it makes them less dangerous.

I'd like to see more aliens flanking from sides and the back, not just a wave swarming towards you from your front.

I'd like to see more surprise elements, like a random alien dragging you into a vent.

Not enough fear and tension (not on this difficulty anyway)

Drukathi

Drukathi

I don't think that each product about the Alien should be scary and horror. Aliens are not obliged to be unstoppable killing machines.

I have long wanted to see the arcade action with aliens from the 90s or in the style of Aliens: Armageddon. I am glad that this is not another boring, pseudosmart game. If anyone forgot that ACM tried to look like this and failed. But Fireteam looks very honest. This is an arcade team action with tons of xenomorphs. In fact, no one interests - where there are so many xenomorphs and why Ranner is a cannon fodder. People just see that the game is similar to ACM and start looking for flaws. Or imagine them. Of course, if you play an action. Shooter. You should not have many enemies. You must have on the map of only two bulletsponge enemies.

seattle24

seattle24

As SM said, vibes of Alien 3: The Gun in this, and that's not a bad thing. As glorious and influential as Isolation is, arcadey shoot-em ups are in inherent in Alien's history.

Looking forward to sticking this on a hard difficulty setting with friendly fire on. One hope for me at this point is they've utilised the Neomorph from Covenant. Would have no issue mowing them down as cannon fodder.

Drukathi

Drukathi

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Mar 05, 2021, 01:39:05 AM
The game comes out this summer but exactly when isn't clear. That's not a good sign.

Why? Because you want so much?

HALO Infinite comes out this year but exactly when isn't clear. That's not a good sign.
System Shock comes out this summer but exactly when isn't clear. That's not a good sign.
Diablo 2 comes out not later than December 2021 but exactly when isn't clear. That's not a good sign.

Since when did it become bad to have an indicative date of release without specific numbers?

mythology

mythology

Just finished watching the footage. The moment I read the name "Alien Jumper" and heard them say 20 types, my 1st thought was "this is the newest alien arcade game."

Alien vs Predator arcade, Aliens Konami arcade, Aliens Fireteam, just accept it and have fun. This is 1 of the traditions that help keep the alien franchise going. I will be buying this, NECA will make toys, I'll add the burster to my collection. If there are alternative bosses besides the queen, like the original huge Kenner queen face hugger, then the game might have better replayability.

predator elite

Yeah I'm in agreement we've known it's been coming for a while now and likely would have been shown off last year if covid hadn't happened, no set date just means this is the time to look for it at and honestly I prefer that instead of a set date that can be delayed

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed