Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage

Started by ikarop, Nov 26, 2011, 08:39:19 PM

Author
Exclusive: New Prometheus Trailer Footage (Read 160,445 times)

StrangeShape

Anyone can make out who or what is grabbing someones head near the beginning of the trailer, the same way Alien grabbed Parker?

nendo

nendo

Quote from: maddriver on Nov 27, 2011, 05:04:38 PM
Quote from: JaaayDee on Nov 27, 2011, 03:55:50 PM
And the trailer STILL hasn't been pulled from youtube.  Maybe FOX is finally coming to their senses and realizes that they need to release it soon?
Or maybe they know that if it is out on the net, there is no chance in hell to ever bringing it down again.

QuoteI don't think they would include a jockey in the trailer tbh. Its kinda something you'd want to leave for a more of a surprised when watching the film (we've only seen a skeleton version remember. not the full thing)

it is not the full thing. The scene lasts not that long and furthermore it shows the creature's back, from waist up.
good point. but still, its more chances of it being a space suit in that specific shot than the space jockey

ThisBethesdaSea

goddamned stills anyone? lol...I don't see this supposed shot of a space jockey.

Zeta Reticuli

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Nov 27, 2011, 06:03:26 PM
goddamned stills anyone? lol...I don't see this supposed shot of a space jockey.

here you go

Quote from: Black on Nov 26, 2011, 11:38:20 PM
A looping gif of the wierd thing at 0:37, notice how it moves and flexes:

http://i.picasion.com/pic46/04aa93cb07f1484f6ba82ff846d18ad9.gif

i'm not so sure if it really is a Space Jockey, but just from the proportions, i'd say its not just someone in a space suit.

ThisBethesdaSea

Below that hand looks like a weird serpent.

szkoki

szkoki

for me it doesnt matter that there will be an actual alien in the movie...to be honest you can see what is the result if the alien is the main character only eg. resurrection, avp movies....

higherprimate

Hey guys Im Chad I have been a regular creeper of this forum for quite a while now. finally joined. so glad to be able to chat with you guys about prometheus. thanks for the staff for the trailer that was awesome.

Bigticket

Bigticket

Well theres a short shot between 28/29th second of the trailer, just before the shot with somebody pulling green glass tube or somethin. anyway that shot after some kind of medical room and table. Any ideas what a hell is that ? its moving, doesnt look like a human though. its wierd , there are like 2 different images put on one on antoher for a split second. ??????????

namtraz

namtraz

Quote from: StrangeShape on Nov 27, 2011, 05:45:19 PM
Anyone can make out who or what is grabbing someones head near the beginning of the trailer, the same way Alien grabbed Parker?

it's a guy grabbing his helmet, it looks like he was sprayed in the face with acid or something, notice the smoke coming from the helmet. looks f**king amazing

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Bigticket on Nov 27, 2011, 06:46:02 PM
Well theres a short shot between 28/29th second of the trailer, just before the shot with somebody pulling green glass tube or somethin. anyway that shot after some kind of medical room and table. Any ideas what a hell is that ? its moving, doesnt look like a human though. its wierd , there are like 2 different images put on one on antoher for a split second. ??????????

Good spot! Just had a look there. Kind of a grey alien head. It definitely moves and looks like it's going down an elevator or something. It's a very quick shot between the two the pieces of footage mentioned above.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Just for the fun of it I'm going to lower my expectations so that when I see it finally see it my mind will be blown. In other words I'm NOT going to expect to see a xenomorph. If there isn't one I'll still be amazed, if there is one I'll be even more amazed.

Edit: Oh lord... that error...

(fixed now)

On the debate about a 'Space jockey being jumped upon':

I dont think its an SJ - it looks like its the same scene taking place with the 'land-crawler-vehicle-#2' in the background. Other footage shows a scene of a 'space suited figure' firing a flame thrower and he/she is on the right side of one of the land crawler vehicles. My guess is that somebody goes wild with a flame thrower and gets jumped on to make him/her stop!

As to who is the goodie/baddie - nobody knows at his point in time.

harlock

harlock

The gif of the astronaut making the jump attack makes it look like they get caught in a mini fiery death, if you look where they jump to, the last bit of the gif replaces them with an orange blob of fire...

The victim of the attack could be a SJ or another astronaut. I'd say the spacesuit seen on the crew with the weapons on a previous screencap as mentioned here, with the lengthy dome helmets that droop down past the chest, may be Engineer Biosuits.

Its been said the crew may be split between those who support the Engineer/SJ and those against it, lets say he gives those who support him versions of his biosuits.

Also, we havent seen any shots yet where the drooped dome space suits are next to normal unsuited people, so these people could potentially be walking around in 12ft bio-mechanical power armours.

...or not. I'm sure many will disagree, but its an idea.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I'm surprise no one post a negative comment yet? I see people on other web sites are like meh with the movie.

It has to be said:

What will the average-never-seen-Alien-before viewer get out of this movie?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed