Alien Timeline Updated

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2016, 03:20:12 PM

Author
Alien Timeline Updated (Read 72,113 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SM on Jan 12, 2024, 08:17:23 PMCheers mate. I think I've finished editing the script. Have to rewatch a VHS copy to double check if there are any differences and a VCD version to do the same. And then rewatch Wreckage & Rage for the 500th time. If I get time I might be able to record it this week.

Sweet :) thanks for the update  8)

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 12, 2024, 08:35:01 PMYou know, you could probably get a lot more done if you'd just quit your job and focus on this stuff full time.

Well considering my vids struggle to reach views with 3 digits and the most recent is on 3500 for some reason- I'll hand in my notice on Monday.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

You should use catchy hashtags, other social networks  to promote your YouTube videos (threads, tik-tok, X, reddit, Facebook etc) and thumbnails like these:

Also the word EXPLAINED!!! kinda like you were yelling to your target audience😅

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jan 12, 2024, 10:10:21 PMWell considering my vids struggle to reach views with 3 digits and the most recent is on 3500 for some reason- I'll hand in my notice on Monday.

It's the ralfy effect.  He must be spreading the link to all the other forums that he inflicts himself on.

Also:  :laugh: @ this...

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I don't think using flashy thumbnails or "EXPLAINED" or other sensationalism crap is good. That is what clickbaiters (and plagiarists) like to use. Best keep title and thumbnail to be exactly what is in the video. That way it is honest and right to the point.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

SM gotta eat though.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

But surely not at the expense of integrity?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 12, 2024, 10:28:07 PMI don't think using flashy thumbnails or "EXPLAINED" or other sensationalism crap is good. That is what clickbaiters (and plagiarists) like to use. Best keep title and thumbnail to be exactly what is in the video. That way it is honest and right to the point.

I was joking with the thumbnails😅, but I'm serious about the rest ;)

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 12, 2024, 10:21:01 PM
Quote from: SM on Jan 12, 2024, 10:10:21 PMWell considering my vids struggle to reach views with 3 digits and the most recent is on 3500 for some reason- I'll hand in my notice on Monday.

It's the ralfy effect.  He must be spreading the link to all the other forums that he inflicts himself on.

Also:  :laugh: @ this...

That one must be a Trump Cultist from America 🇺🇲

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 12, 2024, 10:30:27 PMBut surely not at the expense of integrity?

Whatever it takes to get clicks.  At least he's not a plagiarist, right?

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Still be a dick method though. Clickbaiting should be illegal. It is his channel though, so he can do what he wants but it would be better to stick to being honest and to straight to the point of the subject.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

It's not all clickbait though. Things like hashtags or social platforms are tools for people to see you in the middle of a massive sea of internet content. It might serve to build an audience. Although topic-wise speaking, I suppose there are niches more popular than others🤔

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Sure tags and advertisements are fine, because it helps people find the video.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 12, 2024, 10:28:07 PMI don't think using flashy thumbnails or "EXPLAINED" or other sensationalism crap is good. That is what clickbaiters (and plagiarists) like to use. Best keep title and thumbnail to be exactly what is in the video. That way it is honest and right to the point.

Weirdly, there are psychological reasons why that works. In the process of setting up content for my own channel, I've been breezing through what professionals advise and a big one is to use a juxtaposition of two conflicting words/phrases, then a 'HERE'S WHY' or 'EXPLAINED' thing.

It's horridly shallow, but it triggers part of the brain which leads to clicks from randoms. Can't say I'm a fan, but the numbers support it.

People like to see how crazy, extreme stances can be justified, basically. Or at least made sense of.

"What do you mean, X equals Y?! Oh, I have got to see this train wreck..."

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

That is true unfortunately, it works for them and people usually only realize the shallowness of the content after already given them views.

Mike Zeroh for example is a well known scumbag that is known for clickbaiting, worse is that his content is all made up etc, but unfortunately he is still gets views. When you break it down. He is getting money by tricking people. It would be fraud but since the only thing you lose is your time rather than money, its legal. 

Clickbaiting on its own is bad, its doubley so when it has little or nothing to do with the content.

I don't think SM would do that but I can understand there can be a pressure to what others do just to get by.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 12, 2024, 11:15:58 PMPeople like to see how crazy, extreme stances can be justified, basically. Or at least made sense of.

Have you seen ralfy's posts? It's exactly this, and no we f**king don't want to see it.

I'm being facetious, but I can't help myself sometimes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed