Alien Timeline Updated

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2016, 03:20:12 PM

Author
Alien Timeline Updated (Read 72,117 times)

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2024, 01:37:03 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2024, 12:56:38 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 11, 2024, 12:25:01 PM
Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 09:32:06 AMI complained to an admin about one mod, stating that they're not supposed to participate in discussions because their functions would give them an advantage over others, and I continue to support that view.

Well, that must have endeared you to them. :laugh:

Can someone find the "I have no memory of this memory" GIF please? @Local Trouble

I'm still trying to decide if I think ralfy is a troll or not.
Does it matter?

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 09:32:06 AM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 11, 2024, 02:27:32 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2024, 02:19:42 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 11, 2024, 02:16:56 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2024, 02:14:31 AMHey yo @RidgeTop @Corporal Hicks @Darkness @Master Chief can we please get some assistance in here.

What if this backfires and they make ralfy a mod?
then you and I will commit ritual seppuku together, as has been foretold in the ancient texts
I will do the beheading.  :laugh:

Sorry, not interested. I complained to an admin about one mod, stating that they're not supposed to participate in discussions because their functions would give them an advantage over others, and I continue to support that view.

If you think I'm doing something wrong, then feel free report me to the mods and explain what I'm doing wrong. Since it's not my board, then I'll have to abide by what they want.

Meanwhile, I'd rather talk about the Alien timeline instead of little ole me. ;D

Quote from: KranfordTButcher on Jan 11, 2024, 04:37:37 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2024, 03:59:31 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 11, 2024, 03:36:19 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2024, 03:21:32 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 11, 2024, 03:03:26 AMIt's *entirely* possible that MU/TH/UR picked up the signal on the outbound journey to Theedus, prompting said individual to replace the science officer with Ash and initiate special order 937
For the record, according to the WY Report this is exactly what happened. Mother detected the signal while inbound to Thedus, logged it, reported it, and then the Nostromo got rerouted for the outbound journey to home in on it.

I don't know the page number off the top of my head, but I can find it if you want.

Ahh that's cool! I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up (I really need to buy the WeYu Report! I may pick it up on Amazon now). 😊
It's a neat book, but know that (according to the author) it was meant to be the kind of coffee table book that you'd buy for someone who you know is a casual Aliens fan, hardcore turbo-fans are not the target demographic for the book. It's got some half-baked ideas and some continuity gaffes, but it's still pretty neat.

Broad strokes canon can be like that at times. They're often a good font of ideas too.

I seem to recall there's a stasis interrupted audio log involving Burke sending a transmission in the APC just before Ferro is called on her unfortunate flight, but yeah, Burke is primarily working based on opportunities he sees, and a lot of his plan is clearly come up with on the fly on his own.

I think it's mentioned here:

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines_audio_logs

Quote"Received message from Weyland-Yutani Special Projects Director Burke, Carter J. Message is transcribed as follows: "I don't have a lot of time. The jarheads are checking out the pick-up spot. Look, they're gonna nuke the site. I tried to convince them otherwise, but — look, you need to send a ship now. I've already got a backup plan to get the specimens back to you but, but I can't be sure if..." Female voice heard in the distance. "Hey, company stooge, we're moving. Help me lift Gorman." Burke responds, "Alright, no problem." Message ends." — W-Y radio tech

For someone who wants to talk about the Alien timeline, you're yet to do so.

Also @Acid_Reign161 seeing as how he didn't respond to anything you said, I think he might have put you on ignore.

Oh I was one of the first he put on ignore a while ago; he just can't resist checking out my comments. 🤣

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: SiL on Jan 11, 2024, 01:30:36 PMRalfy is just Local Trouble stirring the ultimate shit.

Haha, this thought had crossed my mind on several occasions... 🤣

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 09:32:06 AMI complained to an admin about one mod, stating that they're not supposed to participate in discussions because their functions would give them an advantage over others, and I continue to support that view.

Can someone find the "I have no memory of this memory" GIF please? @Local Trouble

👍

kwisatz

kwisatz

^ Definitely ralfy, pain in the a**

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Does it matter?

It does. People not liking him isn't reason to ban him, nor is an inability to understand the films. If people don't want to engage him, they can just add him to ignore list. No-one has to engage him.

If he's deliberately trying to irritate people, then yes, I would consider him a troll and those are the people I would ban.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2024, 02:09:31 PM

Does it matter?

It does. People not liking him isn't reason to ban him, nor is an inability to understand the films. If people don't want to engage him, they can just add him to ignore list. No-one has to engage him.

If he's deliberately trying to irritate people, then yes, I would consider him a troll and those are the people I would ban.

Can't get any fairer than that; with that in mind, I've removed my previous post made in jest in case it could also be seen as attempting to irritate. 😊👍

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2024, 02:09:31 PM

Does it matter?

The problem isn't that people don't like him, it's that he's derailing multiple threads with his nonsense. He has no interest in actual discussion seeing as how he puts everyone on ignore. What, exactly, can he contribute to a thread about Sm's timeline website when he has SM himself on ignore?

If he wants to just hear himself ramble, perhaps he should start a blog.

426Buddy

426Buddy

He should have been banned a while ago. If you read his huge meaningless word salad posts you can see he's not discussing anything in good faith.

Just ignoring him doesnt work, someone is always going to try and have a discussion with him in good faith and then the whole thread is consumed.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

For what it's worth, I second the sentiments of @Xenomrph and @426Buddy - the forum has sadly become less about Alien discussion and more the Ralfy Show for reasons mentioned above, and its non avoidable, even if we use the ignore feature. However, I can also completely understand @Corporal Hicks position / reasons on this one also.

FYI the subscriber boards allow any topic and are (currently) a safe haven (not that I'm suggesting that everyone should have to retreat on account of one person, but there aren't  many alternative work arounds sadly. 😅

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2024, 02:23:00 PMThe problem isn't that people don't like him, it's that he's derailing multiple threads with his nonsense. He has no interest in actual discussion seeing as how he puts everyone on ignore. What, exactly, can he contribute to a thread about Sm's timeline website when he has SM himself on ignore?

If he wants to just hear himself ramble, perhaps he should start a blog.

If it was off-topic, then I would agree. But he's talking about the video. Whether what he's talking about has merit or not is not the question. Just ignore him and don't quote him. Hell, someone summoned him here and instigated this.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 11, 2024, 02:37:54 PM...the forum has sadly become less about Alien discussion and more the Ralfy Show for reasons mentioned above, and its non avoidable,

Non avoidable? lol

Regardless of whether he is wrong with his opinions or not, some of you were calling him! come on😅

Spoiler
[close]

Best to ignore as Hicks said. And that includes me obviously, I must admit. :-X

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 11, 2024, 01:47:18 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jan 11, 2024, 01:30:36 PMRalfy is just Local Trouble stirring the ultimate shit.

Haha, this thought had crossed my mind on several occasions... 🤣

Mine too.  What if this is a Tyler Durden situation for me? :o

426Buddy

426Buddy

Maybe the prevailing feeling is that he is worth keeping around for the appearance of a more active forum. He creates a lot of activity, even if he's just a mild mannered troll and his posts are without merit.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 11, 2024, 03:49:41 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 11, 2024, 02:37:54 PM...the forum has sadly become less about Alien discussion and more the Ralfy Show for reasons mentioned above, and its non avoidable,

Non avoidable? lol

Regardless of whether he is wrong with his opinions or not, some of you were calling him! come on😅

Spoiler
[close]

Best to ignore as Hicks said. And that includes me obviously, I must admit. :-X

That is precisely the problem though. 😅 We can ignore him all we want, but it won't matter if certain individuals summon him to the discussion, or quote him intentionally so those who do have him on ignore have to read the posts anyway. To be clear, I'm not claiming that Ralfy is solely to blame here. But even if we follow mod recommendations (which I fully intend to), it won't matter as things currently stand, evident by the 7 or 8 threads this is happening in. 😔

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

ralfy would be the perfect forum lolcow if not for the ignore button. >:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed