Alien Timeline Updated

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2016, 03:20:12 PM

Author
Alien Timeline Updated (Read 72,116 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 11, 2024, 02:16:56 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2024, 02:14:31 AMHey yo @RidgeTop @Corporal Hicks @Darkness @Master Chief can we please get some assistance in here.

What if this backfires and they make ralfy a mod?
then you and I will commit ritual seppuku together, as has been foretold in the ancient texts

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

ralfy, if you become mod, remember that I've always supported your takes.

I'm just a little shy :'(👉👈

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2024, 02:19:42 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2024, 02:14:31 AMHey yo @RidgeTop @Corporal Hicks @Darkness @Master Chief can we please get some assistance in here.

then you and I will commit ritual seppuku together, as has been foretold in the ancient texts
I will do the beheading.  :laugh:

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 11, 2024, 02:27:32 AM

It would be my honor to have you behead me.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMThere's no spamming because all of the threads are connected: if the company is involved and it makes sense for the colonists to both be excited over and then panic because of the alien ship and aliens, then that means Burke was lying to Ripley about not knowing what happened to the colony.

The company isn't involved. The Colonial Marines Technical Manual and the movie confirm this. You are wrong.

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMIs there a basis for the company having enough information about the creature? Yes: given the first movie, they instructed Mother to reroute the Nostromo to the new coordinates.

They didn't. A individual at the company rerouted the Nostromo for their own personal gain and planted Ash on board. When the Nostromo went missing, they covered their tracks to even Weyland Yutani, 57 years later when investigating, didn't know who was responsible. It's in the colonial marines technical Manual. You are wrong.

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMThat means the company had the location of the distress beacon, and thus the alien ship.

They didn't. They didn't get that until post-Alien 3 when the task force learns what Burke has done and uses the co-ordinates he instructed Hadley's Hope to investigate, as per the Colonial Marines Technical Manual. You are wrong.

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMWhy didn't the company return to LV-426? Likely it did, but the derelict ship must have been damaged by the nuclear blast such that they needed the alien from Ripley. How did they know? According to Bishop in the third movie, the Sulaco computer was sending all details on that and more to the company.

The company did return to LV-426, and retrieved two ovomorphs. The derelict was not damaged as it was 1; protected by the Ilyum range, and 2; literally days to a week travel away from the colony. Bishop said no such thing, he said the company knew everything from the Sulaco flight recorder which is the same information that he accessed; Stasis interrupted. Fire in cryogenic compartment. Emergency Escape Vehicle launched. Alien on board, was with the EEV all the way. That's what they knew at that point, and all they knew. Later, when they were 2 hours away from Fury 161, they received the CAT scan of Ripley from the EEV confirming a queen inside of her. And in the assembly cut, they got word from Aaron that Xenomorph was captured, requesting permission to terminate, which they denied. That was literally everything they knew until they retrieved Bishops body and analysed the data he was carrying. So no, you are wrong.

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMGiven that, how can we say that Burke was working alone when he was part of a division tasked to acquire alien organisms by a company that's been keenly interested in them for profit-making as early as the first movie, and even earlier if we consider the prequels?
There is not one single piece of official media that says Burke was part of a division tasked to acquire alien organisms. He wasnt. You dreamed that up to fit your argument. He is head of special projects. Interstellar commerce. Thats all. You are wrong.

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMAren't all of these part of an analysis of Aliens?

Analysis by definition is "a detailed examination of anything complex in order to understand its nature or determine its essential features." That is not what you are doing. You are inventing your own fan fiction in your head, professing it as fact, and disregarding every official source. Your whole argument in the other thread regarding canon is a straw-man attempt to include a non-canon piece of licensed media (a video game) as it's the only thing that even remotely supports your argument, even though it's clear to everyone that it does not fit the same universe as the movies. Yet you disregard primary and secondary canon (the movie itself, and official books) in favor of fantasies.

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMWhat was involved in Burke's mission?
he didn't have a mission. He was sent to file a report on what was believed to be a downed transmitter. It is in the companies interests to pay an interest in its assets.

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMThe Sulaco?

Yes, that would be the vehicle that got everyone to LV-426. That Colonial Marine Vessel. That had zero ties whatsoever to Weyland Yutani beyond the company requesting USCM investigate the loss of contact with the colony (as explained in the colonial marines technical manual) Unless, you know, you are insinuating Burke can fly through space without transport too?

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMWhich computer was sending info to the company, according to Burke? The one on the Sulaco.

Nope. They received flight recorder data post-EEV launch via the network which is standard procedure during an emergency. Burke was long dead on LV-426. You are wrong.

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMWhich one was operated by the company and manned by a synth that's supposed to work for the military (because he was tasked to, among others, operate the APC) and yet receives orders from Burke (given the second movie)? The Sulaco.

Nope The Sulaco belongs to the USCM. Not Weyland Yutani. Bishop is a droid in the service of the USMC. He received orders from everyone. You are wrong.

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMFinally, aren't all these part of the timeline?
Nope. You fabricated most of this in your head. You take the bare minimum facts and then dream up scenarios around them and think that makes them fact. You are wrong.

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMTo recap, following the prequels, the company knew about the aliens.

First, the prequels didn't exist at the time Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3 were made, that is a retcon. But I will humour you on that one since it is canon; All we know is that David sent transmissions from the Covenant detailing his work. We don't know who received it. Since we know from other official sources that an individual within the company working for their own gains, likely from the science division, re-routed the Nostromo and covered their tracks after things went bad, it doesn't take a genius to determine who intercepted those transmissions. So no, the 'company' didn't know.

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMThen it formed a bio-weapons division and the ICC implemented quarantine protocols involving exposure to and smuggling dangerous organisms. Did that have anything to do with the prequels?

Again, you are making all this up in your head. The bio-weapons division already existed. Either cite a piece of official literature that says it was formed for this reason (you can't, there aren't any). That's your head-canon, your fan-fiction, like so many other things you try to pass as fact. You know a bio-weapon can be something as simple as a weaponised Covid-19 virus, right? It has nothing to do with Aliens. We have bio weapons now. You are wrong.

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMMother and W-Y were talking back-and-forth, with the latter receiving information on the coordinates of the distress beacon, whose signal was even partially decoded and said to be a warning, not a call for help. That not only indicates signs of intelligent life, but given the remoteness of the location, one that might even have tech that's as advanced as or even better than that of human beings. Hence, the reference to the bio-weapons division and the special order. Does that mean that W-Y cares to profit from them?

It means (just read the book that you used to be fond of trying to quote man!) an individual at the company became aware of a transmission of unknown origin. We don't know how they know. It's *entirely* possible that MU/TH/UR picked up the signal on the outbound journey to Theedus, prompting said individual to replace the science officer with Ash and initiate special order 937 (you have to remember, it takes a long time for messages to be sent via the network in this time period - space is vast, there is no "back-and-forth" its not a chat room).

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMW-Y had the coordinates even then, but did not bother to look for the derelict ship if we follow the arguments raised by those who think that Burke worked alone. What about Isolation, which states that they did? Or the Colonial Marines manual?

I love it when you try to quote things you haven't read and hope those reading your argument are equally oblivious as you are 😂 (some of us have these materials to hand). W-Y did not have the co-ordinates for the derelict. MU/TH/UR intercepted the transmission. Upon being re-routed to the system of origin (Zeta II Reticuli) MU/TH/UR then homes in on the beacon once in proximity. The Narcissus flight recorder, 57 years later, provided the landing location of the Nostromo. The board at the hearing weren't interested as they thought Ripley was a but-job and didn't take it seriously (especially because of her outbursts, she appears unstable) the colonial marines technical Manual confirms this. It was Burke, working aline in his own self-interests, who decided it may be profitable to investigate, and sent the co-ordinates to the colony.(also in the colonial marines technical Manual, a book you just pretended to reference). He did not involve anyone else, as if he made a major security situation out of it, administration and every one else gets involved, and he would lose exclusive rights for that ship if it exists, as it'd become a company asset. He can't sell something to the company that already belongs to them. He wants exclusive rights.

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMIn the second movie, the ICC and ECA reps don't bother to investigate the coordinates given in lifeboat recorder

Sea above. It's answered in the colonial marines technical manual. Also, what Ripley doesn't know ant the hearing is that there has been a colony on LV-426 for over 20 years and no mention of a hostile organism; another reason they think she is nuts.

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMand for some bizarre reason Ripley does not press them on to do so even if it's the only evidence she has to prove her case. Is it because according to the W-Y Report the company scrubbed the coordinates from the logs?

She did press them. It's in the movie. You should watch it. Van Lewen explains he doesn't have to investigate for reasons I just posted above.

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 01:02:07 AMIf it's only in the second movie that W-Y took interest in the derelict ship because they received the coordinates from the logs, then what happened to the same information that they received from Mother decades earlier?

They didn't. You're wrong. They didn't take interest in the derelict until after Alien 3. READ. THE. MANUAL. They didn't have the info from MU/TH/UR, that info was buried by whoever was covering their own tracks.

Not one thing you have said has been correct. Not one. You keep trying to reference a book you clearly haven't read (or you wouldn't be referencing it, as it completely goes against everything in your personal head-canon and proves you wrong time and time again). There isn't one single source out there that you can quote without adding your own made-up fantasies around to make it work for you.

Here is a challenge for you;

I've cited multiple official sources. I can even photograph them - that clearly indicate Burke was working alone, and that special order 937 was instigated by an individual (or small group of individuals) who covered their tracks and hid everything once the Nostromo went missing. And I can do that without adding my own interpretation.

Now, you do the same. Cite just ONE. ONE official source that says "Burke was part of a division dealing with alien organisms" I'll wait. One official source without your interpretation added. See, we can all do that to say he wasn't. You can't.

You have no valid argument and never did. And that is precisely why all of this is nothing but you spamming your own fan fictions and head-canon in every thread. There is a fan-fiction section specifically for that. Knock yourself out. 😘

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 11, 2024, 03:03:26 AMIt's *entirely* possible that MU/TH/UR picked up the signal on the outbound journey to Theedus, prompting said individual to replace the science officer with Ash and initiate special order 937
For the record, according to the WY Report this is exactly what happened. Mother detected the signal while inbound to Thedus, logged it, reported it, and then the Nostromo got rerouted for the outbound journey to home in on it.

I don't know the page number off the top of my head, but I can find it if you want.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2024, 03:21:32 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 11, 2024, 03:03:26 AMIt's *entirely* possible that MU/TH/UR picked up the signal on the outbound journey to Theedus, prompting said individual to replace the science officer with Ash and initiate special order 937
For the record, according to the WY Report this is exactly what happened. Mother detected the signal while inbound to Thedus, logged it, reported it, and then the Nostromo got rerouted for the outbound journey to home in on it.

I don't know the page number off the top of my head, but I can find it if you want.

Ahh that's cool! I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up (I really need to buy the WeYu Report! I may pick it up on Amazon now). 😊

SM

SM

Plz don't lock my Pimp My Youtube thread plz.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 11, 2024, 03:36:19 AM

Ahh that's cool! I didn't know that! Thanks for the heads up (I really need to buy the WeYu Report! I may pick it up on Amazon now). 😊
It's a neat book, but know that (according to the author) it was meant to be the kind of coffee table book that you'd buy for someone who you know is a casual Aliens fan, hardcore turbo-fans are not the target demographic for the book. It's got some half-baked ideas and some continuity gaffes, but it's still pretty neat.

KranfordTButcher

KranfordTButcher

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2024, 03:59:31 AM

It's a neat book, but know that (according to the author) it was meant to be the kind of coffee table book that you'd buy for someone who you know is a casual Aliens fan, hardcore turbo-fans are not the target demographic for the book. It's got some half-baked ideas and some continuity gaffes, but it's still pretty neat.

Broad strokes canon can be like that at times. They're often a good font of ideas too.

I seem to recall there's a stasis interrupted audio log involving Burke sending a transmission in the APC just before Ferro is called on her unfortunate flight, but yeah, Burke is primarily working based on opportunities he sees, and a lot of his plan is clearly come up with on the fly on his own.

ralfy

ralfy

Sorry, not interested. I complained to an admin about one mod, stating that they're not supposed to participate in discussions because their functions would give them an advantage over others, and I continue to support that view.

If you think I'm doing something wrong, then feel free report me to the mods and explain what I'm doing wrong. Since it's not my board, then I'll have to abide by what they want.

Meanwhile, I'd rather talk about the Alien timeline instead of little ole me. ;D

Quote from: KranfordTButcher on Jan 11, 2024, 04:37:37 AM

Broad strokes canon can be like that at times. They're often a good font of ideas too.

I seem to recall there's a stasis interrupted audio log involving Burke sending a transmission in the APC just before Ferro is called on her unfortunate flight, but yeah, Burke is primarily working based on opportunities he sees, and a lot of his plan is clearly come up with on the fly on his own.

I think it's mentioned here:

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines_audio_logs

Quote"Received message from Weyland-Yutani Special Projects Director Burke, Carter J. Message is transcribed as follows: "I don't have a lot of time. The jarheads are checking out the pick-up spot. Look, they're gonna nuke the site. I tried to convince them otherwise, but — look, you need to send a ship now. I've already got a backup plan to get the specimens back to you but, but I can't be sure if..." Female voice heard in the distance. "Hey, company stooge, we're moving. Help me lift Gorman." Burke responds, "Alright, no problem." Message ends." — W-Y radio tech

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 09:32:06 AMI complained to an admin about one mod, stating that they're not supposed to participate in discussions because their functions would give them an advantage over others, and I continue to support that view.

Well, that must have endeared you to them. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 11, 2024, 12:25:01 PM
Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 09:32:06 AMI complained to an admin about one mod, stating that they're not supposed to participate in discussions because their functions would give them an advantage over others, and I continue to support that view.

Can someone find the "I have no memory of this memory" GIF please? @Local Trouble

I'm still trying to decide if I think ralfy is a troll or not.

SiL

SiL

Ralfy is just Local Trouble stirring the ultimate shit.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 11, 2024, 12:56:38 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 11, 2024, 12:25:01 PM

Can someone find the "I have no memory of this memory" GIF please? @Local Trouble

I'm still trying to decide if I think ralfy is a troll or not.
Does it matter?

Quote from: ralfy on Jan 11, 2024, 09:32:06 AM

Sorry, not interested. I complained to an admin about one mod, stating that they're not supposed to participate in discussions because their functions would give them an advantage over others, and I continue to support that view.

If you think I'm doing something wrong, then feel free report me to the mods and explain what I'm doing wrong. Since it's not my board, then I'll have to abide by what they want.

Meanwhile, I'd rather talk about the Alien timeline instead of little ole me. ;D

Quote from: KranfordTButcher on Jan 11, 2024, 04:37:37 AM

I think it's mentioned here:

https://avp.fandom.com/wiki/Aliens:_Colonial_Marines_audio_logs

Quote"Received message from Weyland-Yutani Special Projects Director Burke, Carter J. Message is transcribed as follows: "I don't have a lot of time. The jarheads are checking out the pick-up spot. Look, they're gonna nuke the site. I tried to convince them otherwise, but — look, you need to send a ship now. I've already got a backup plan to get the specimens back to you but, but I can't be sure if..." Female voice heard in the distance. "Hey, company stooge, we're moving. Help me lift Gorman." Burke responds, "Alright, no problem." Message ends." — W-Y radio tech

For someone who wants to talk about the Alien timeline, you're yet to do so.

Also @Acid_Reign161 seeing as how he didn't respond to anything you said, I think he might have put you on ignore.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed