Alien Timeline Updated

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2016, 03:20:12 PM

Author
Alien Timeline Updated (Read 72,145 times)

SM

SM

Quote from: SiL on Jan 08, 2024, 08:14:46 PMRalfy continues to prove he's not actually watched these movies.

And that he has a problem with what words mean.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 08, 2024, 08:17:59 PMSo just to clarify, this *exact* same topic from the same individual is now being spammed in the following threads:

In the Alien Films Section:

1. Why did the folk of Hadley's Hope not send a signal? thread

2. Was the Nostromo sent to LV-426 on Purpose? Thread

3. Alien 3: Why didn't the company return to LV-426? Thread

4. Was Burke working alone? Thread ** now locked because of it**

5. Aliens: An analysis **locked because of it**

6. Sulaco thread

7. The Egg on the Sulaco thread

And now here in the community news section:

8. Alien timeline updated thread.

Eight threads (and I'm sure I'm missing a couple). And when any of us speak out about it, there are some insinuating *we* are the problem, even though the ignore feature is overwritten by quotes. I honestly truly appreciate difference of opinion (each to their own! I'm aware some of my own opinions aren't popular!) But this is just making discussions really unenjoyable, and there's no escape from it. 😔

Surely this is at the point that it's infringing some sort of forum etiquette?
f**king seriously. I've just taken to reporting his posts like it's my one purpose on this earth.

SM has me on ignore, and I know he and I don't see eye to eye 100% of the time, but I can only pray ralfy's nonsense might get SM to reevaluate and say "huh, maybe this Xenomrph guy isn't so bad."

Come on, SM. We can work through this.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 10, 2024, 03:27:29 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Jan 08, 2024, 08:17:59 PMSo just to clarify, this *exact* same topic from the same individual is now being spammed in the following threads:

6. Sulaco thread

Eight threads (and I'm sure I'm missing a couple). And when any of us speak out about it, there are some insinuating *we* are the problem, even though the ignore feature is overwritten by quotes. I honestly truly appreciate difference of opinion (each to their own! I'm aware some of my own opinions aren't popular!) But this is just making discussions really unenjoyable, and there's no escape from it. 😔

f**king seriously. I've just taken to reporting his posts like it's my one purpose on this earth.

SM has me on ignore, and I know he and I don't see eye to eye 100% of the time, but I can only pray ralfy's nonsense might get SM to reevaluate and say "huh, maybe this Xenomrph guy isn't so bad."

Are you the AvP to ralfy's AvPR?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Nah, I'm Prometheus to Ralfy's Dark Star.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

6. Sulaco thread

When did that happen?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 10, 2024, 02:04:21 PM

6. Sulaco thread

When did that happen?
Years ago, I don't even remember what I said or did on this forum.

SM and I have a long history, over 20 years ago I did some shitty stuff as a moderator on another AvP forum that rightfully pissed a lot of people off, including SM. I'd like to think I've changed since then, but that's up to SM I guess.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 10, 2024, 03:28:38 PM

6. Sulaco thread

When did that happen?

SM and I have a long history, over 20 years ago I did some shitty stuff as a moderator on another AvP forum that rightfully pissed a lot of people off, including SM. I'd like to think I've changed since then, but that's up to SM I guess.
That is unfornuate, but people do change. What forum was that by the way?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 10, 2024, 04:12:14 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 10, 2024, 03:28:38 PM

6. Sulaco thread

When did that happen?

That is unfornuate, but people do change. What forum was that by the way?
GameGossip

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

@Xenomrph '

You liked to fit everything together, with AVPR, prequels, keners, all in one universe. :o👉👈

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 10, 2024, 04:41:42 PM@Xenomrph '

You liked to fit everything together, with AVPR, prequels, keners, all in one universe. :o👉👈
That's what head canon is for.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 10, 2024, 05:29:54 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 10, 2024, 04:41:42 PM@Xenomrph '

That's what head canon is for.

ralfy

ralfy

6. Sulaco thread

When did that happen?

There's no spamming because all of the threads are connected: if the company is involved and it makes sense for the colonists to both be excited over and then panic because of the alien ship and aliens, then that means Burke was lying to Ripley about not knowing what happened to the colony.

Is there a basis for the company having enough information about the creature? Yes: given the first movie, they instructed Mother to reroute the Nostromo to the new coordinates. That means the company had the location of the distress beacon, and thus the alien ship.

Why didn't the company return to LV-426? Likely it did, but the derelict ship must have been damaged by the nuclear blast such that they needed the alien from Ripley. How did they know? According to Bishop in the third movie, the Sulaco computer was sending all details on that and more to the company.

Given that, how can we say that Burke was working alone when he was part of a division tasked to acquire alien organisms by a company that's been keenly interested in them for profit-making as early as the first movie, and even earlier if we consider the prequels?

Aren't all of these part of an analysis of Aliens?

What was involved in Burke's mission? The Sulaco? Which computer was sending info to the company, according to Burke? The one on the Sulaco. Which one was operated by the company and manned by a synth that's supposed to work for the military (because he was tasked to, among others, operate the APC) and yet receives orders from Burke (given the second movie)? The Sulaco.

Finally, aren't all these part of the timeline?

To recap, following the prequels, the company knew about the aliens.

Then it formed a bio-weapons division and the ICC implemented quarantine protocols involving exposure to and smuggling dangerous organisms. Did that have anything to do with the prequels?

Mother and W-Y were talking back-and-forth, with the latter receiving information on the coordinates of the distress beacon, whose signal was even partially decoded and said to be a warning, not a call for help. That not only indicates signs of intelligent life, but given the remoteness of the location, one that might even have tech that's as advanced as or even better than that of human beings. Hence, the reference to the bio-weapons division and the special order. Does that mean that W-Y cares to profit from them?

W-Y had the coordinates even then, but did not bother to look for the derelict ship if we follow the arguments raised by those who think that Burke worked alone. What about Isolation, which states that they did? Or the Colonial Marines manual?

In the second movie, the ICC and ECA reps don't bother to investigate the coordinates given in lifeboat recorder, and for some bizarre reason Ripley does not press them on to do so even if it's the only evidence she has to prove her case. Is it because according to the W-Y Report the company scrubbed the coordinates from the logs?

If it's only in the second movie that W-Y took interest in the derelict ship because they received the coordinates from the logs, then what happened to the same information that they received from Mother decades earlier?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Hey yo @RidgeTop @Corporal Hicks @Darkness @Master Chief can we please get some assistance in here.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 11, 2024, 02:14:31 AMHey yo @RidgeTop @Corporal Hicks @Darkness @Master Chief can we please get some assistance in here.

What if this backfires and they make ralfy a mod?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

This is the way 8)🙏

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed